Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find the most accurate/up-to-date schedule on the refurbishments going on? My choices right now are rather slim, but considering how many people seemed scared off by this resort right now, this might be a winner for us as long as we are guaranteed a renovated room. :P

As far as guest rooms go (according to FB group):

Casitas buildings are done.

Ranchos 6a, 6b and 7a are done.
Ranchos 7b is in process....opening later this month.

Cabanas 8a is complete.
Cabanas 8b expected to close for refurb this month.
Cabanas 9a is in process.

Stayed at CS on Saturday night. Had a refurbed King room in Casitas 4. So nice - we even got the special pins for the construction. The room was comfortable and quiet. I was shocked at how empty the resort was for a weekend. We relaxed by the pool and had drinks before heading to Disney Springs for supper. Sorry I didn't get pics of the room before we threw our stuff all over the place!

Room.jpg Dig Site.jpg

We stayed Fri and Sat pm at CSR. Assigned cabanas 8A. Loved the location. Super close to the pool and bus stop. Not far from the main food area. Our room was refurbed and very nice...8252 I believe it was.

I didn't like how pepper market closed between breakfast and lunch. We left our room at 11 on check out day and had a 12:15 DME pickup time. After checking our bags we wanted breakfast/lunch before leaving for the airport. Had to sit there til 11:30 and wait for it to reopen. I don't recall this being an issue at the deluxe resorts we have stayed at or at POFQ last year.

The resort was soooo quiet and more times than not we had the park busses completely to ourselves!

I would definitely stay here again, but I am concerned that it will get very busy and loud once the tower opens with all those additional rooms. Maybe we will stay there in Dec again.

ETA: Our room had a connecting door and you could hear those people loud and clear. Luckily they were asleep early I guess b/c it didn't bother us at night...but we were out late. I did bring a noise machine too, so I'd recommend that for sure.

as long as we are guaranteed a renovated room.

To my knowledge, the only way to guarantee a renovated room until the resort is completed is to book a preferred room. Those rooms are in Casitas 1, 2, 3 which are all complete. As far as I know, booking any other room type could put you anywhere else in the resort.

60 more days until we are home! :jumping1: Did Fastpasses this morning and there were a lot of issues with the site. I had to log off and do them on my phone. Didn't get SDMT like we wanted due to the site issues. I had it but then the site went wonky and it wouldn't confirm so we lost them. I plan to keep checking back periodically just on the off chance something opens up.

Searched but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Do the refurbished rooms have the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash wall dispensers? Or do they still give you the travel sized bottles?

Searched but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Do the refurbished rooms have the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash wall dispensers? Or do they still give you the travel sized bottles?
Wall dispensers

ETA: lotions, mouthwash, after sun stuff...all were travel size

To my knowledge, the only way to guarantee a renovated room until the resort is completed is to book a preferred room. Those rooms are in Casitas 1, 2, 3 which are all complete. As far as I know, booking any other room type could put you anywhere else in the resort.
By the end of the month, the last two buildings will be closed and you will no longer have to worry about requesting a refurbished room

Sorry if I've missed this info, but how do I submit a room request?

Thanks

Call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Nice to have options. I use this feature through Marriott sometimes. It works fine until Marriott wifi quits on me and the data signal is weak in the hallway. LOL! Hopefully Disney wifi is reliable because I always seem to have poor cell service at CSR.
YMMV. CSR was the worst resort Wi-Fi I have used in the past few trips (December 2017). Maybe it is getting upgraded with the room refurbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter