Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming in the night before my free dining package begins. I am booked for that one night at Pop Century, but it would definitely be more convenient to just stay at CSR. Of course, though, there are no standard rooms available (that's what I have booked for my free dining package) for that night. I know nothing is guaranteed, but how likely would it be that CSR staff would just keep us in an "upgraded" room (I mean just a more expensive room than a standard) for the entirety of our stay? Or even if a standard room became available, how likely is it that we would end up staying in the same room for the whole trip? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Coronado Springs‏ @Buzz2001
Displays of whats to come at CSR

DDwaVZCXgAAW67W.jpg

DDwaZLZWAAE3FuH.jpg

DDwadBGW0AE7w2o.jpg

DDwapuHXsAUfgcU.jpg

I'm coming in the night before my free dining package begins. I am booked for that one night at Pop Century, but it would definitely be more convenient to just stay at CSR. Of course, though, there are no standard rooms available (that's what I have booked for my free dining package) for that night. I know nothing is guaranteed, but how likely would it be that CSR staff would just keep us in an "upgraded" room (I mean just a more expensive room than a standard) for the entirety of our stay? Or even if a standard room became available, how likely is it that we would end up staying in the same room for the whole trip? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

My guess would be not likely especially because you're staying during a large promotion like Free Dining.

The restaurant on the water looks cool but I'm not crazy about the tower. It doesn't look like the rest of Coronado. It stands out like a sore thumb imo. Maybe it will blend better in person.
I feel the same way ever since they announced it. It seems like it would have blended better next to casitas but next to cabanas, I just don't like that at all.

The restaurant on the water looks cool but I'm not crazy about the tower. It doesn't look like the rest of Coronado. It stands out like a sore thumb imo. Maybe it will blend better in person.

Totally agree on the tower. I love that resort, one reason is the three distinctly themed area. Ranchos is our favorite, for us a real step out of our normal life. That tower looks like another Florida condominium building. BORING. They would have to do some major overlay of design on it to not drag the resort down to just another beach resort look. I love the perks that come with it, views and high up dining. But I think we are going to lose the feel I loved there. So it has been our favorite moderate, actually our favorite on property ........... don't have high hopes anymore. The restaurant looks like it could be just about anywhere from design. It's like the final dagger. :sad2:

Pretty, nice amenities and all that but .............. it's like Bonnet Creek. Love the condos, the views, the amenities and location but is is NOT anything special that couldn't be found anywhere else. Loses it's "Disney" but that seems to be ongoing with the room renos too.

Totally agree on the tower. I love that resort, one reason is the three distinctly themed area. Ranchos is our favorite, for us a real step out of our normal life. That tower looks like another Florida condominium building. BORING. They would have to do some major overlay of design on it to not drag the resort down to just another beach resort look. I love the perks that come with it, views and high up dining. But I think we are going to lose the feel I loved there. So it has been our favorite moderate, actually our favorite on property ........... don't have high hopes anymore. The restaurant looks like it could be just about anywhere from design. It's like the final dagger. :sad2:

Pretty, nice amenities and all that but .............. it's like Bonnet Creek. Love the condos, the views, the amenities and location but is is NOT anything special that couldn't be found anywhere else. Loses it's "Disney" but that seems to be ongoing with the room renos too.

I agree about the room renovations being less Disney and more generic. I guess that's what appeals to the masses? And you're right about the restaurant looking like it could be anywhere, I do like how it's on the water though.

Was by chance the queen room some sort of handicapped room? There are many types. Its my understanding that the resort will distinguish the tub vs stand up rooms by queen /king rooms. I'll check into it further. But to date, most queen rooms have been a tub and all kings have been stand up or roll in (handicapped)

Last edited:
This is not true. We had two queen beds in 7a and did not have a tub.
Okay, I did find out that all king rooms have stand up showers but not all 2 queen rooms have tubs so if it matters to you, make sure you request it up front.

Someone earlier said that there was a new walkway over the water. Is that the new one from the picture of the restaurant already? Or is that just the same walkway that is from old 9B to the dig site?

Someone earlier said that there was a new walkway over the water. Is that the new one from the picture of the restaurant already? Or is that just the same walkway that is from old 9B to the dig site?
No, it is just the temporary one while they work on the tower. cabana 9a is now a deadend so you have to walk around past the main pool to the new bridge

No, it is just the temporary one while they work on the tower. cabana 9a is now a deadend so you have to walk around past the main pool to the new bridge

Thanks for the clarification. I'm enjoying seeing and hearing about the progress and I hope some of these new things will be done by our trip next summer.

I already posted this on Buzz's Facebook page but thought I would try here to. I have 2 rooms booked for CSR for October 22-November 2. Today my brother decided he wanted to join the family trip. There is no availability at any level of room for the 22-24. I was able to get him a room from the 25-2 thankfully & will check daily & hope for the best on a room opening up for the first 3 days. I'm just wondering if anyone has inside information on what might be going on the 22/23/24? I see there is a convention for Elliot Masie's Learning convention those days could that alone be it? Does anyone know when the blocks of rooms not used for conventions are released back in to use? Hoping that could be a possibility? Hoping for some major pixie dust here.

Mostly a lurker, but I just have to post. On my way to the airport and just got our room text, 7131 in the refurbished 7A. I'm super excited!

I had booked a standard and called to request 7A or 8A and then just for kicks did the touring plans fax and didn't ask for a specific room but mentioned we would switch to a king too if needed to get refurbished. It appears that this room is a king. So I don't know if those faxes work, but I'm so happy! :)

Mostly a lurker, but I just have to post. On my way to the airport and just got our room text, 7131 in the refurbished 7A. I'm super excited!

I had booked a standard and called to request 7A or 8A and then just for kicks did the touring plans fax and didn't ask for a specific room but mentioned we would switch to a king too if needed to get refurbished. It appears that this room is a king. So I don't know if those faxes work, but I'm so happy! :)

We just checked out of room 7130 yesterday! You're going to love the new room and location!! Enjoy your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter