Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trip is booked for June 1-June 6. We have a split stay for CSR June 1-4 and Pop June 4-6 because CSR wasn't available for the entire stay when I originally booked.

I went online this morning and saw that now, some room categories are currently available at CSR for our entire stay. I called to see if I change to CSR for the entire stay, but based on the room categories they have available under the current offer, it was going to be $650 more :worried:.

So, I said no thank you and for now we will stick with our original plan. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about whether or not a new offer is coming out REALLY soon? Or why a LOT of rooms suddenly "opened up"? I know construction, but it seemed to be a very sudden change. Slim to no chance for a better deal at this point but hoping for a little pixiedust:.

So, I said no thank you and for now we will stick with our original plan. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about whether or not a new offer is coming out REALLY soon? Or why a LOT of rooms suddenly "opened up"? I know construction, but it seemed to be a very sudden change. Slim to no chance for a better deal at this point but hoping for a little

There is a rather large conference at CSR during that second portion of your vacation. I'm guessing the conference released some of the block but the rooms are not included in the discounted inventory. At least not yet anyway. Keep checking online in the next couple of weeks to see if those rooms get discounted. There might be a new offer soon based on historical trends, but it's more than a week overdue. Discounts could be light this summer/fall due to Pandora.

So it looks like the cabana buildings will now be under construction when we go in May. We will be there May 3-8. I was planning on requesting one of the cabana buildings but now I don't think that will be such a good idea. Not crazy about all the noise. Which buildings would you request? Should I look at Casistas? We want a room with roughly a 5 minute walk to El Centro and in a quieter location. Looking to be fairly close to El Centro because I believe that is where the Summit buses will pick us up to take us to ESPN. We will be at Disney for the Summit Cheerleading event.

Thanks for your help!

Can anyone let me know if there are any conferences / events planned when I am visiting CSR in August 17?

Just thinking where in the resort I might be put if I can't move due to the construction?

I had always wanted to stay in the Cabanas area but now due to construction that is off the list! I really don't like ranchos as its seems so far away from everything so I wondered if I might get Casitas area?

Just home from a weeklong CSR stay. If anyone has any questions, I can try to answer.

This was our second CSR stay, so I have a reference point without construction, too.

We had a preferred room in Casitas. We liked the location. We knew we probably wouldn't have a lot of pool time this trip. DD did use the quiet pool in Casitas.

On our last CSR stay we were in a Casitas suite for one night (I'd added a night last minute), but the rest of our stay was in Ranchos, which we'd requested. Never stayed in Cabanas.

We ate at Maya Grill, Pepper Market, Cafe Rix, and the Rix Lounge. We also walked the entire loop around the lake.

We did have a car, and that, to be honest, is when I noticed the construction most, ie when pulling into the resort and taking a left to go down toward Casitas parking. (They are doing construction there too.) During the daytime, there were guys out there in yellow vests and flags directing traffic around the trucks. I think once it delayed us by like 30 seconds, so not a big deal at all.

The construction areas when work had ceased for the day were left extremely neat looking, with dark privacy screening fencing put up. If I hadn't seen Cabanas as it was before, I might not even know it didn't belong there.

As for noise, I only heard it once during the daytime and it wasn't too, too bad. We've stayed at other resorts before when construction was going on, once even when it was coming from a resort next to Caribbean Beach, not even a Disney resort, and it really didn't bother us much. DH said he heard it once, too, when he was going to get us coffee around 9am, but he said it wasn't too bad, either.

I thought the resort looked as beautiful as ever. :lovestruc I liked the addition of doors between the sleeping area and the bathroom area a lot. We found the room comfortable and maid service was very good. Casitas is a big area and it did take us a few days to figure out where we were going.

Just home from a weeklong CSR stay. If anyone has any questions, I can try to answer.

This was our second CSR stay, so I have a reference point without construction, too.

We had a preferred room in Casitas. We liked the location. We knew we probably wouldn't have a lot of pool time this trip. DD did use the quiet pool in Casitas.

On our last CSR stay we were in a Casitas suite for one night (I'd added a night last minute), but the rest of our stay was in Ranchos, which we'd requested. Never stayed in Cabanas.

We ate at Maya Grill, Pepper Market, Cafe Rix, and the Rix Lounge. We also walked the entire loop around the lake.

We did have a car, and that, to be honest, is when I noticed the construction most, ie when pulling into the resort and taking a left to go down toward Casitas parking. (They are doing construction there too.) During the daytime, there were guys out there in yellow vests and flags directing traffic around the trucks. I think once it delayed us by like 30 seconds, so not a big deal at all.

The construction areas when work had ceased for the day were left extremely neat looking, with dark privacy screening fencing put up. If I hadn't seen Cabanas as it was before, I might not even know it didn't belong there.

As for noise, I only heard it once during the daytime and it wasn't too, too bad. We've stayed at other resorts before when construction was going on, once even when it was coming from a resort next to Caribbean Beach, not even a Disney resort, and it really didn't bother us much. DH said he heard it once, too, when he was going to get us coffee around 9am, but he said it wasn't too bad, either.

I thought the resort looked as beautiful as ever. :lovestruc I liked the addition of doors between the sleeping area and the bathroom area a lot. We found the room comfortable and maid service was very good. Casitas is a big area and it did take us a few days to figure out where we were going.

We will be there next month. What do they have for coffee makers? Do they have kuerigs?
Our room had a Cuisinart side by side pod coffeemaker with two cups. I like coffee in the room when I wake up. The first day we left the housekeeper a note to leave extra coffee (with a small tip) and we always had plenty. It tasted best when we used bottled water for filling.

It looked something like this:

1144024.jpg

The coffee pods look like this:

cr1cm_400x400.jpg

300h.jpg

Last edited:
We just got back too. We've stayed here several times and have always had a great time. This time was no exception, it was just different. We've always stayed in 9B So we've been spoiled with the location. This time I requested away from construction, casitas. So naturally, we were put in 8A. This always happens to us, whatever we request, we get the opposite. They promptly found me a room in casitas 5. The room was very clean and in good shape. The staff was exceptional, as always. The best staff of any hotel on property and we've stayed everywhere but FW and POP. I didn't like this area as much as the cabanas but once the tower goes in, I don't think I'll feel the same way about the cabanas area. I just kept imagining how a tower would look and I just can't picture it. As far as construction, I will echo what's already been said, it really wasn't an issue. 9B has been demolished and I didn't see any work being done there. All of the work currently, is out front, I'm assuming filling in the lake. When they start on the tower, that's when I can see things getting bad. We went to pepper market twice. Apparently a giant Paul mitchell convention was going on, I heard 3000 people from one of the attendees. So the lines were insane and every seat was taken, that was on Thursday. I think they left on Friday because yesterday morning it was minimal and last night at 6pm, I think I counted 4 other families. I guess in all of our stays we've never dealt with a large conference before so that was an eye opener. Overall, we had a really great stay.

We just got back too. We've stayed here several times and have always had a great time. This time was no exception, it was just different. We've always stayed in 9B So we've been spoiled with the location. This time I requested away from construction, casitas. So naturally, we were put in 8A. This always happens to us, whatever we request, we get the opposite. They promptly found me a room in casitas 5. The room was very clean and in good shape. The staff was exceptional, as always. The best staff of any hotel on property and we've stayed everywhere but FW and POP. I didn't like this area as much as the cabanas but once the tower goes in, I don't think I'll feel the same way about the cabanas area. I just kept imagining how a tower would look and I just can't picture it. As far as construction, I will echo what's already been said, it really wasn't an issue. 9B has been demolished and I didn't see any work being done there. All of the work currently, is out front, I'm assuming filling in the lake. When they start on the tower, that's when I can see things getting bad. We went to pepper market twice. Apparently a giant Paul mitchell convention was going on, I heard 3000 people from one of the attendees. So the lines were insane and every seat was taken, that was on Thursday. I think they left on Friday because yesterday morning it was minimal and last night at 6pm, I think I counted 4 other families. I guess in all of our stays we've never dealt with a large conference before so that was an eye opener. Overall, we had a really great stay.
Oh, that's so funny - I never saw Pepper Market crowded at all! But I did see the Paul Mitchell people around, including in the parks. (For some reason they were all wearing black one day, and all wearing white another, and mostly traveled in groups, many with funky hair, lol, plus they were carrying Paul Mitchell bags, so that's how we could tell.) The night we ate in Maya Grill, I noticed mostly families, many with very young children. The guitar player in Maya Grill was fantastic, and so was the manager. Service was a bit slow because it was crowded, but the atmosphere and food pretty much made up for it, plus we were not in a rush. None of the resort food places were particularly crowded when we were there, at the times we were there, which varied.

Every WDW resort room was filled last week. And parks were horribly crowded, but we had a good time at Flower and Garden, which didn't seem too bad (mid-week), and we had a good night at MK when it was open till 1am; DH and DD had gone to rope drop that morning, as well, and got a lot done (without FP) before they headed out of there fairly early, as the masses of crowds were entering the parks. A word to the wise and for those who may not know - you MUST get there for rope drop when it's that crowded, especially if you don't have fast passes set up. You can go back to your resort for a nap later! DH and DD saw friends entering MK as they were leaving that morning, and before they even got back to the resort the friends were texting that there were already 120 min waits posted. They left and went back later.

Studios was a bust for us - there was a problem with DD's magic band which delayed us by 20 mins at park opening :headache: and we hadn't set up FPs (because we were primarily there for baseball and we at first weren't sure when or if our son could join us for a day, we hadn't bought his ticket yet, etc. and when we went to do them finally, there were slim pickings left for late in the day). We rode Great Movie Ride, did One Man's Dream (which has a preview of Beauty and the Beast instead of the usual Walt Disney movie), ate, shopped, and left. RnRC and ToT were already at 120 mins about an hour into opening. Because of what happened to DD, in the future I will make sure we clear out our MDE of all information but the newest, ie do not have two names for any people in your party. Fixing the magic band info is not a huge problem to deal with; the problem is waiting in line at Guest Services. It happened with DS, as well, on our Epcot day. Ugh. Thankfully we had FPs for Epcot and MK.

Only posting all this in the hopes it saves someone some headaches and disappointments.

Getting super excited! Less than 60 days for me to stay at CSR. I do have a minor question. I'll be park hopping a bunch during my stay at Disney, and I'm curious about sending items to the resort. How exactly does it work, and more specifically, how does it work at Coronado? Is there a desk to pick up? In the trips I've taken, I've never used the service, and am curious.

Getting super excited! Less than 60 days for me to stay at CSR. I do have a minor question. I'll be park hopping a bunch during my stay at Disney, and I'm curious about sending items to the resort. How exactly does it work, and more specifically, how does it work at Coronado? Is there a desk to pick up? In the trips I've taken, I've never used the service, and am curious.
When you purchase something, you have the option of sending it for pick up to the front of the park, or back to your resort. To the front of the park takes three hours; to the resort can be the next day. So it depends if you'll still be there to pick it up, etc. At the front of the park it's at one of the gift shops close to the gate. At the resort, it's at the gift shop. They keep the delievered packages in the back. You have to show your slip, so don't lose it. :p It's a nice service.

PeaNMe: can you explain a little more what you mean by clearing your MDE of less updated info? You had her listed as two different people?

PeaNMe: can you explain a little more what you mean by clearing your MDE of less updated info? You had her listed as two different people?
For some in our party there was more than one listing on MDE, myself included, from previous trips. Names came up again when booking the resort and buying tickets. Guest Services had cleared out my second name, so I didn't have a problem, but they left two of DD on there somehow, and she had a problem when she got to the park and tried to use her new magic band. (We'd decided to get new ones since on our last trip, we had problems with our old ones.) DS also apparently had a problem when he bought a one day ticket and got a new magic band. I didn't feel so bad since they'd taken care of it at the resort and it was still a problem. As a matter of fact, Guest Services had looked over our MDE, said they'd fixed everything, but we still had problems.

For some in our party there was more than one listing on MDE, myself included, from previous trips. Names came up again when booking the resort and buying tickets. Guest Services had cleared out my second name, so I didn't have a problem, but they left two of DD on there somehow, and she had a problem when she got to the park and tried to use her new magic band. (We'd decided to get new ones since on our last trip, we had problems with our old ones.) DS also apparently had a problem when he bought a one day ticket and got a new magic band. I didn't feel so bad since they'd taken care of it at the resort and it was still a problem. As a matter of fact, Guest Services had looked over our MDE, said they'd fixed everything, but we still had problems.

You know you can have multiple MB on the same account, even if you have had an MB that doesn't work, just inactivate that MB. Perhaps you already know that but I just wanted to make sure. Also for your children that are having issues, call their new account something completely different. My dad's original account never worked properly, no matter how many times IT said they fixed it. One trip he had 3 MB, one for his room, one that had the DDP and one for his ticket; it was a complete mess. So I made him a brand new one and called it his middle name so I would make sure to keep the two separate. Hope that helps.

I had the same issue with our account. I couldn't make fastpasses for everyone because of the ghost ID's in our account, it kept telling me there was nothing associated with that ticket or whatever. I called and they fixed it in 5 min and all was well.

So without regard to the construction going on, what is everyone's favorite section to stay in? Cabana's Casita's or Rancharo's and why?

So without regard to the construction going on, what is everyone's favorite section to stay in? Cabana's Casita's or Rancharo's and why?
We always get put in Ranchos, despite requests. The first time, I hated how far away and isolated it felt. But after the last trip, I didn't mind. It's so quiet and peaceful, and the landscaping/theming is beautiful. We were close to a bus stop, laundry, and the main pool.

I think 8A/8B would still be my ideal: close to the main pool and bus transportation, and a short(er) walk across the bridge to the main building/QS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter