Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been it...it did have some really good desserts/baked goods, as well as custard/ice cream (that you could get on the DDP), but seemed disjointed from PM to be practical. I did like that it was open when the PM wasn't so you always could get a refill or dessert late at night, but thought PM itself was a let down after spending a week at CBR and its food court with separate stations. Have they changed the layout this past year? Or just updated the serving area to be a little cleaner/brighter/more open?

I think you are referring to Cafe Rix!

We havent been to CSR since 2009, we are staying there in May (Im so happy I might cry!!:goodvibes). I loved Pepper Market then. Does anyone have any pictures of how it is laid out now?

Just confirming here - I saw on page 94 that the Pepper Market is now set up like the other moderate food courts. Is this still the case where we can find our own seat, fill our own drinks and no added gratuity?

Different question - if I booked a jr suite can I request the one in 9b? Is there another in the cabanas? The food court set up was a deterrent to me but if it's what we're used to, then the lounge isn't as big of a deal, though cabanas still seem like an awesome option.

TIA :-)

If you request the one in 9B (if available) you would have to pay the Business Club rate (which I believe is higher than a regular jr. suite). But Business Class does offer continental breakfast and snacks and stuff and beer, wine and sangria at night.

I love this resort but do not like the food court set up at all. I hope it has changed since July when we last stayed there. Going back in early March.

MJ

We have two rooms booked Aug 30- Sept 5! We were able to get the rooms with the 30% off bounce back offer. The boys chose the hotel and are terribly excited

hi im going to be there from apr 29 to may 1. was wondering what is the best building to stay in to be close to the dig site and to the food court. we are in a standard room. thank you!

hi im going to be there from apr 29 to may 1. was wondering what is the best building to stay in to be close to the dig site and to the food court. we are in a standard room. thank you!

We stayed in 8A - it was a short walk to the Dig Site, but a longer hike to the food court area. If you can stay in 9B you are close to the main building with the food court and you are close to a bridge that goes across the lagoon and puts you right by the Dig Site on the other side. The resort is large, but the walk around the perimitter is not bad. My kids are 9 and 12, I imagine it would have been a problem if they were still little. Have Fun!!

Just back from my trip Jan 25-31. A few notes:
1-I asked for casitas 4, south facing, first floor. I got ranchos, north facing, 2nd floor. They said the place was full with a convention, sorry, can't do anything for you.
2-ranchos are very nice but an 8 minutes fast walk or 12 minute slow walk to the food court. I was in 7B, the closest to the pool and el centro.
3-bus service-excellent, best by far of all the mods. Longest wait was 12 minutes returning from the MK. Most waits were less than 5 minutes. And they have very close bus stops at the parks too-especially epcot. If you've ever had to walk to the CB stop at epcot you know what I mean.
4-CM's-brisk and efficient but not magical.
5-food-the best I've ever had at a moderate. The quality of the food court was way better than average. Also they have a great TS called Las Ventanas for breakfast and lunch now-and they can make any entrée gluten free. The Maya Grill for dinner. And the Rix café for grab and go sandwiches, salads, gelato, pastries, and desserts. You can take the food into the Rix Lounge to eat, and it has a microwave.
6-crowds-never saw the conventioneers. It seemed deserted to me. And hardly anyone waiting at the bus stops. Everyone got on, even at station 1.

As for "what room should I request for..." I would caution you that the only guaranteed rooms are if you book preferred (casitas 1-2-3) or business class (cabanas 9B). If you need to be close to el centro with minimal walking than you should pay extra to book either of those. I booked waterview thinking that would guarantee casitas or cabanas but no-there are a few pool view rooms in rancho 7B that are "waterview". Also I recommend looking at google maps satellite view to see how close/far the buildings are from el centro and the dig site pool. The illustrated resort map is not drawn to scale and is very misleading. To be closest to the dig site pool is cabanas 8A-but your request is not guaranteed. Probably the only request you WILL get is to stay in ranchos since they are the least popular.

Great review- thank you! I've been wondering if I should just go ahead and request Ranchos to be near the Dig Site. Did you eat breakfast at the pool grill at all?

In the Great Forum Migration of 2015 I lost my avatar. I just uploaded a new one. Look familar?

Great review- thank you! I've been wondering if I should just go ahead and request Ranchos to be near the Dig Site. Did you eat breakfast at the pool grill at all?

1-If you want near the Dig Site then ask for "near the dig site" rather than a building. Ranchos and cabanas have variable distances from it depending on the building. Cabanas 8A is actually the closest. Because of the wandering paths, no other building is nearly as close as 8A.
2-I didn't eat at Siestas, unfortunately. It was too darn cold to eat outside last week. High of 60 and winds out of the north at 25 mph. They did tell that they have made permanent the take-out breakfast option there, but again, just too cold to go out and get it and then take it back to my room. It was 40 degrees at 7am.

Booked in Coronado for April this year. We requested a specific building, so hoping for the best with that. :mickeyjum

OK there are two reasons for this post. First I'm a mere 48 hours away from being in Florida, and even though the Colts lost yesterday, I'm simply in a good mood and getting excited. No one better than Dis'ers to share the joy with. :cool1:

Here's the tip: We booked two rooms at CSR but under different reservations. I put a call into CSR to request that the two rooms at least be near each other. The CM was helpful, and friendly and took note of my request. It's better to do this a few days out rather than when you get to the Resort. There's no facility for this type of request on the on-line check in form. Numbers for the resort are: Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001. Some people recommend a fax rather than a phone call.

I'll let y'all know how this goes. Our last trip to WDW was at POR and we did the on-line check in. Low and behold, our room was ready for us when we arrived in the morning. I'm not expecting this but that would be kinda cool.

SkywayGuy
Did you get the rooms near each other? I asked for this when I am going and wanted to see if it worked for you.

Anyone know where they usually house the convention go-ers? I will be among them in October and would like to have an idea where we all get bunched!

Anyone know where they usually house the convention go-ers? I will be among them in October and would like to have an idea where we all get bunched!
I'm pretty sure they are all in casitas since it is next to the convention center. Also you can't request casitas on the on-line check-in form probably due to that.

I just returned from a trip January 26-January 31 and stayed in Ranchero building 6B. I agree with a previous poster that it was a good location and super quiet. I think it is worth asking if there is a convention before trying for Casitas. I was walking through the Casitas area while exploring the layout of the resort and it was the only time I encountered loud and obnoxious people - and they were people there for whatever convention was going on. I was actually stopped by a drunk woman that couldn't find her room and had apparently been just wandering around trying to find it.

It was my first time staying at Coronado though and I cannot even begin to say how much I love this resort! It was one of the best Disney lodging experiences I have ever had and would book there again in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter