DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-
We are huge Poly lovers and are looking forward to our 1st full Contemporary stay. We have stayed in a wing for 1 night, but this time it will be 5 nights in the tower MK view. We are excited, but a little nervous as this is new for us. Is there anything I should request??? We are doing the dining plan. Is Chef Mickey's for dinner good? What is "THe Wave" and when does it open? I appreciate any help. We are going in July. Thanks!
Sara:)

Hi-
We are huge Poly lovers and are looking forward to our 1st full Contemporary stay. We have stayed in a wing for 1 night, but this time it will be 5 nights in the tower MK view. We are excited, but a little nervous as this is new for us. Is there anything I should request??? We are doing the dining plan. Is Chef Mickey's for dinner good? What is "THe Wave" and when does it open? I appreciate any help. We are going in July. Thanks!
Sara:)
If you want to be as high as possible request a room on the 11th floor. My family and I have been to Chef Mickey's a few times for dinner and we thought it was a good experience each time, The Wave is the new restaurant which is replacing the Concourse Steakhouse and will be opening in the lobby where the Food & Fun Center use to be. It's going to be an Asian themed restaurant and chances are it should open sometime in May after the Concourse Steakhouse closes.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. You have been a great help in my planning as I have been browsing this thread for awhile.:)

Thanks so much for your quick reply. You have been a great help in my planning as I have been browsing this thread for awhile.:)
You're welcome and I was happy to help. So have a great time staying at the Contemporary and if there are any other questions you have feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Hi, does anyone know what the ressie codes mean for ZMB & tower, MK view? Thanks!

Im sure someone here also knows if theres anywhere convenient to grab snack or counter service diningd plan credits for breakfast or something easy w/ kids? Thanks :)

Hi- great info here, just needed to ask a question of all of you.

Never stayed at a Deluxe before; we are a family of 5 so we always opt for a mod with two connecting rooms.

Thought maybe we'd *try* the Contemporary for our trip in October. We have ressies now for that time at POFQ, which we love.

Just wondering if you all think we'd be miserable in one room at the Contemporary???:confused:

It's me, DH, DD age 13, DS age 9, and DD age 6.

It will be for 9 nights, so we don't want to be wishing the entire time that we had more space. Oh, and we'd be getting a tower room, MK view, not concierge floor.

I told DH we could "just suck it up, we'd be in Disney World for Heaven's sake" ;) ; but saying that now and living it are two different things, LOL.

Thanks for your opinions.:)

Jo

I think you might be a little cramped, especially since your kids are a little bigger and the fact that 9 days is a long time in those close quarters.
You might go a little looney by the end of the trip....

Never stayed at a Deluxe before; we are a family of 5 so we always opt for a mod with two connecting rooms.

Thought maybe we'd *try* the Contemporary for our trip in October. We have ressies now for that time at POFQ, which we love.

Just wondering if you all think we'd be miserable in one room at the Contemporary???:confused:

It will be for 9 nights, so we don't want to be wishing the entire time that we had more space. Oh, and we'd be getting a tower room, MK view, not concierge floor.

I told DH we could "just suck it up, we'd be in Disney World for Heaven's sake" ;) ; but saying that now and living it are two different things, LOL.

Jo

In my opinion, you will not be crowded at all. On our last trip, we had a couple stay with us for a couple of nights in the CR, MK view room. No problem at all.

You can have the girls share one queen bed and the other child sleep on the pullout - which is a good size and more than big enough for a child.

And don't forget you'll have a balcony which will give you even more room.

And in the end, the experience of that location will be remarkable and I think will make up for the small sacrifice in square footage.

Jo
The rooms at the Contemporary are a lot biger then POFQ so I think you would appreciate the extra space.

Thanks for your opinions!

We have always stayed at a mod, in two rooms, because we've been wary of not having enough space for all of us. Plus, having two bathrooms was always a big hit.

I'm still on the fence and dreaming of staying there.

I like the idea of having the balcony; that way we could put the kids down and sit out there for a bit and relax while they try to fall asleep.
Ah, decisions, decisions.:)

Jo

Thanks for your opinions!

We have always stayed at a mod, in two rooms, because we've been wary of not having enough space for all of us. Plus, having two bathrooms was always a big hit.

I'm still on the fence and dreaming of staying there.

I like the idea of having the balcony; that way we could put the kids down and sit out there for a bit and relax while they try to fall asleep.
Ah, decisions, decisions.:)

Jo
Maybe this picture I took from a Magic Kingdom view I had in August 2006 might help with your decision? If you are wondering it was taken from room #4840 which is on the 12th floor. So if you were to stay at the Contemporary with this view, this is what it would look like from your room no matter the floor your on. The only difference is because the 12th floor is one of the two Club Level floors, (14th floor being the other one) you could not request these floor unless you have a Club Level reservation.

IMG_0130-1.jpg

Jo

You'd probally be comfortable for sleeping arrangements. I think where you may have problems is putting stuff away for 5 people for 9 nights! While the rooms at the CR are very nice, they do lack storage space. 2 people for 9 days you may be OK, but 5 people for 9 days...i see clothes every where in sight...

Jo
Hi, we stayed at the CR MK view about a year ago with 5 in our room. There was plenty of sleeping room. However, only one bath/shower was a pain. We made it work and to be honest would do it again in a hearbeat for the view!! Enjoy! Jump off the fence and stay at least once there. There are no words to describe what an amazing time we all had there. Being able to watch the MK fireworks from your balcony was truly the highlight!!

I think the previous posters are 100% right.

Having only 1 shower will be a trade-off, as will the storage space.

We used the drawers and kept the suitcases in the closet so there definately wasn't clothes all over the place.

As far as the showers, so long as there's 1 person who doesn't mind getting up early and going 1st, you'll manage.

But what you get for the trade-off is outstanding. The balcony sounds good, but once you get there it is even better. It's impossible to understand how much of a benefit that is - especially after the kids are in bed and you can just sit out there and unwind while watching the castle change colors.

Being on the monorail is also a great benefit, particularly if you'll be going to the MK multiple times - which I'm sure you will considering your kids' ages.

And you can just walk down stairs to chef mickey's for breakfast or just walk over to the MK bright and early.

The CR is just an excellent place to stay, especially with that view.

2 people for 9 days you may be OK, but 5 people for 9 days...i see clothes every where in sight...

LOL, my 13 year old should feel right at home, then.:lmao:

Thanks so much for all of the opinions. Still mulling it all over.
We will be there in October at Halloween so watching the MK on the nights it has MNSSHP will be fun (the nights we decide not to go!).

Another question...is it best to ask for as high up as possible or does it not matter???

Thanks!

J~

When does the Wave open up? We will e staying there for a short trip starting April 4th. If anyone could enlighten me that would be great!! Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter