Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

DME drops everyone off at the Contemporary. The check in location at BLT is pretty small, so you usually have better luck checking in at the Contemporary. And then walk over to BLT.

Is there any benefit to checking in at the front desk versus doing online check in and proceeding straight to the room? We did a short, non-park, stay at All-Stars last August before a cruise and went direct to the room. It was the first time we'd stayed at WDW since they made going direct to your room a possibility. It was so convenient, but we were only there for a couple nights. We're staying at BLT in September for 9 nights, arriving via DME, and I'm wondering if it would make sense to go to the check in desk at the CR before heading over to BLT.

what is the earliest you can check in at BLT? I know rooms won't be available until later in the day but I will arrive around 7am on my arrival day. Wasn't sure if I could check in that early.

what is the earliest you can check in at BLT? I know rooms won't be available until later in the day but I will arrive around 7am on my arrival day. Wasn't sure if I could check in that early.

You can check in as soon as the computers turn over to the new day, which I believe happens around 6:00am. You can definitely check in at 7:00am.

Actually this January we were dropped off and picked up for DME right at BLT. We arrived before 10pm and left around 10am. The driver announced it when he pulled up to CR that we was going over to blt next. I asked the cms in the blt lobby which stop for departure.

Hello everyone!
I'm super excited, just booked the Tower Club for May 20-22 after our cruise on the Fantasy! I'm not telling my husband I booked the tower club, (we stayed once before a few years ago and it is his #1 all time WDW favorite thing) so it will be a big surprise. Super excited!!! Can't wait to watch fireworks from that fabulous big balcony.

Yep, you have to go down to the lobby and present your member card for them to use a key card to access the 16th floor. One possible exception, I believe the grand villas have doors on their second floor that open to the 16th floor, so you could just walk straight there.

Does Bay Lake Tower have their own bellman and luggage services? We are doing a resort split with AKL and need to have our luggage moved from BLT - Do we need to go the Contemporary to do so?

Thanks!

No. Access to the lounge is only for DVC Owners and there guests with them at the time.

Thanks for the quick answer, even if it comes from a Hawks fan ;) (Go habs go)

Are there any other amenities that are exclusive to DVD owners and can't be used by those who just rent points (free laundry, deck observations, etc.)?

Does Bay Lake Tower have their own bellman and luggage services? We are doing a resort split with AKL and need to have our luggage moved from BLT - Do we need to go the Contemporary to do so?

Thanks!
Yes they do have their own luggage and bell services.

Are there any other amenities that are exclusive to DVD owners and can't be used by those who just rent points (free laundry, deck observations, etc.)?
The observation deck is on the same floor as TotW so it is also only for owners. Everything else should be open to all guests of the hotel.

Is there any benefit to checking in at the front desk versus doing online check in and proceeding straight to the room? We did a short, non-park, stay at All-Stars last August before a cruise and went direct to the room. It was the first time we'd stayed at WDW since they made going direct to your room a possibility. It was so convenient, but we were only there for a couple nights. We're staying at BLT in September for 9 nights, arriving via DME, and I'm wondering if it would make sense to go to the check in desk at the CR before heading over to BLT.
I have memorized the room numbers but work2plays link is on page one for that if needed. Therefore when I got my room ready text I knew what room I had. If you are unhappy there is a phone #provided to call.

I have memorized the room numbers but work2plays link is on page one for that if needed. Therefore when I got my room ready text I knew what room I had. If you are unhappy there is a phone #provided to call.

I'm really more asking if there's anything the front desk would provide that we might miss if we didn't stop by the check in desk, e.g. a schedule of resort activities, any information that would be helpful for someone staying at the CR/BLT for the first time. We're booked for a theme park view and I'm not overly concerned with our room location.

I'm really more asking if there's anything the front desk would provide that we might miss if we didn't stop by the check in desk, e.g. a schedule of resort activities, any information that would be helpful for someone staying at the CR/BLT for the first time. We're booked for a theme park view and I'm not overly concerned with our room location.
Lots of the info is in the folder in your room. If you want more you can stop by either the desk at blt or CR , they would help with anything you need.

Love the tpv. Enjoy!

Came back to add, sometimes the schedule will end before my trip is over and I pop down for the following week park times sheet . So if you busy upon arrival just check at the desk when it works with your schedule. That's what they are there for.

Last edited:
Lots of the info is in the folder in your room. If you want more you can stop by either the desk at blt or CR , they would help with anything you need.

Love the tpv. Enjoy!

Came back to add, sometimes the schedule will end before my trip is over and I pop down for the following week park times sheet . So if you busy upon arrival just check at the desk when it works with your schedule. That's what they are there for.

Exactly what I was wanting to know! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter