Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in garden wing standard view. We would love to be close to main building and on ground floor. Would we have better luck just putting close as possible to the monorail and not put the ground floor request? The idea of a patio was great for naps but I would much rather not be in the rooms farthest away from main building. I don't really have a reason to put other than two very young kids which everyone has at Disney.

I would word your requests "close to monorail" and "ground floor". This way the room assigners know that your priority is close to the monorail but would also like a ground floor too. But they will always try the request listed first as the priority.

Well I was a day too early in joining this thread, because we just changed resorts! Our awesome TA was able to get us into the Grand Floridian for our dates with the same level of tickets & dining with a theme park view for less money! We'll have to try the Contemporary on our next trip!

This is my first time posting...I am so excited! I booked the CR BLV for 3/28-4/2. I'm not telling my son (6 yo) until the day we leave :)
So it turns out that I wasn't paying attention to dates and the above date starts the day after Easter. I was looking for a bit more low key so I got the dates changed to 4/4-4/9 with the MKV. It was $600 less than the BLV from the week prior. I'm so excited. Anyway...I know I should request an odd number room...anything else? Typically when can I make that request?

Well I was a day too early in joining this thread, because we just changed resorts! Our awesome TA was able to get us into the Grand Floridian for our dates with the same level of tickets & dining with a theme park view for less money! We'll have to try the Contemporary on our next trip!

I'm sorry you're not able to try the CR, but congrats on getting a great deal at the GF! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

So it turns out that I wasn't paying attention to dates and the above date starts the day after Easter. I was looking for a bit more low key so I got the dates changed to 4/4-4/9 with the MKV. It was $600 less than the BLV from the week prior. I'm so excited. Anyway...I know I should request an odd number room...anything else? Typically when can I make that request?

Congrats on being able to change dates and get a MKV for less money than the BLV :thumbsup2. You can make requests at any time, just call the reservation number and tell the CM you would like to add a request to your reservation :).

We are staying on a cash reservation at BLT in February. We will not be leaving for the airport until 2:00 pm. Is it possible to request a late check-out? If not, I know that we can store our luggage with bell services. Is there a handy washroom available to freshen up in and possibly change into our airplane clothes after a morning in MK? :)

We are staying at BLT and will need to check in and collect our bands when we arrive as we are coming from overseas. Do we go to the front desk at contemporary or BLT?

@WDWKOOK or anyone else who knows the answer:

If I resreved a 2 bedroom villa at BLT will there be a chance they put us in a 1BR/Studio lock-off? I did not realize this was possible. We have 5 people and were really hoping for 3 "real" beds to use. Do you think if I call in that I can request a designated 2 bedroom?
I am also wanted bed-rails for our kids bed and hoping it would be queen size and not a pull out.

Hi everyone! We are thinking about staying at the CR TPV in October 2016. We've never stayed at CR before because it just doesn't appeal to me. However, it's been DH's boyhood dream to stay there. LOL! We are thinking about doing a quick long weekend trip for MNSSHP in early October. Figured this might be a good time to stay at CR and get it out of DH's system. ;) Do the CR TPV rooms tend to sell out quickly?

Hi everyone! We are thinking about staying at the CR TPV in October 2016. We've never stayed at CR before because it just doesn't appeal to me. However, it's been DH's boyhood dream to stay there. LOL! We are thinking about doing a quick long weekend trip for MNSSHP in early October. Figured this might be a good time to stay at CR and get it out of DH's system. ;) Do the CR TPV rooms tend to sell out quickly?
In my experience, (I have looked for CR rooms off and on over the past couple of years) GW sells out quickest, probably due to price. Then standard rooms at all levels, then CL rooms. In other words, the cheaper rooms sell out before the more expensive ones. That being said, CR is very popular at all levels. I would book your preferred room now and continue to look for discounts if you are set on a certain room type.

Great choice! The ability to walk to and from MK on party night is priceless! We stayed at CR during our MNSSHP trip in 2014 and will be back there for our MNSSHP trip in 2016!!

The theming is not my favorite, either, but I think you will find the rooms quite spacious and the location ideal. And what the CR lacks in decor, it more than makes up for in "vibe" - you almost feel like you are staying in the Magic Kingdom!! :)

Great choice! The ability to walk to and from MK on party night is priceless! We stayed at CR during our MNSSHP trip in 2014 and will be back there for our MNSSHP trip in 2016!!

The theming is not my favorite, either, but I think you will find the rooms quite spacious and the location ideal. And what the CR lacks in decor, it more than makes up for in "vibe" - you almost feel like you are staying in the Magic Kingdom!! :)

I agree, we've dreamed of staying at the Contemporary for ages, but it's the location that does it for us. The decor is fine. Quite modern. But you just can't beat the location!

In my experience, (I have looked for CR rooms off and on over the past couple of years) GW sells out quickest, probably due to price. Then standard rooms at all levels, then CL rooms. In other words, the cheaper rooms sell out before the more expensive ones. That being said, CR is very popular at all levels. I would book your preferred room now and continue to look for discounts if you are set on a certain room type.

Thanks! We were trying to hold off because we aren't sure if our school schedule will allow us to go down for 2 or 3 nights, and also debating about just doing MNSSHP or adding one additional park day. I guess we'll have to pick something and book to be safe, then just change if needed later down the road.

We figured this short trip would be the perfect way to try out CR. Who knows, we may end up loving it! LOL! We are a family of 5 so our options are a bit more limited. We walked over to CR during our trip right before Christmas to check out the Frozen gingerbread display and DH again commented on how he wants to stay there one day, but not sure he'd want to stay for a long trip.

I hope that 2016 is off to a great start for everyone:)

Thanks! We actually did a split stay &
Did move to the YC for a few nights after the CR. Amazingly, really, really amazingly, we were upgraded AGAIN at the YC!! Another 2 bedroom suite, The Captain's Deck, which is the largest suite at the YC. We have no idea why we were sprinkled with so much Pixie Dust this trip. We have been going at least once a year for over 20 years & have been staying club level for about 12 years. Only upgraded once before in all that time. I booked these reservations on the bounceback offer back in January. When the CM asked what we were celebrating, I said my DH's 60th. She was very enthusiastic & said she was noting that, coz "you never know what magic of pixie dust might happen". Something along those lines. So I don't know if she was somehow a part of it or what, but it was shocking & very appreciated!

A few pictures of the CR suite:

Dining & kitchen area, entry hall with 2 closets, living room with about a 55-60 inch tv, dining & living room from 1 of the bedroom doors, large balcony with table & chairs plus recliner, full sized Christmas tree in living room. All amazing!!!

Love the photos and thank you for posting them. What an amazing split stay you had. Just curious, were you staying a short amount of time at each resort? Often, these kinds of upgrades occur for short stays of 1-3 nights.

Thanks, KOOK.....I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday as well :flower3:.

Yes, both boys were/are home :goodvibes. I do have a trip booked for August, but things have been so busy here lately that that's as far as it's gone. Do you have any trips booked?

I am bookless! With DD starting college in August, I haven't yet figured out what to do with spring break and summer. Are you booked at CR or Poly for August?

Less money is awesome! Did you book a dormer? We had a TPV dormer in August and it was lovely, but I haven't stayed in a non-dormer there to compare it to.

We are staying on a cash reservation at BLT in February. We will not be leaving for the airport until 2:00 pm. Is it possible to request a late check-out? If not, I know that we can store our luggage with bell services. Is there a handy washroom available to freshen up in and possibly change into our airplane clothes after a morning in MK? :)

You can request a late check-out, but it must be approved by housekeeping. From what I've seen posted, frequently, the request is denied and I think the extension is only 1-2 hours at most and beyond that there is a charge, if approved.

You can definitely store everything with Bell Services and there is a locker room, but no shower, at the BLT pool. There is a shower at the CR pool bathroom, which you may use.

We are staying at BLT and will need to check in and collect our bands when we arrive as we are coming from overseas. Do we go to the front desk at contemporary or BLT?

BLT has its own check-in:)

@WDWKOOK or anyone else who knows the answer:

If I resreved a 2 bedroom villa at BLT will there be a chance they put us in a 1BR/Studio lock-off? I did not realize this was possible. We have 5 people and were really hoping for 3 "real" beds to use. Do you think if I call in that I can request a designated 2 bedroom?
I am also wanted bed-rails for our kids bed and hoping it would be queen size and not a pull out.

I believe that at BLT all the two-bedrooms are dedicated and not lock-offs. The BLT Rooms and Views thread HERE lists all the two-bedrooms locations, and I believe they are all listed as "D" for Dedicated. DVC-BLT experts, please correct me if I have this wrong:)

You can request a late check-out, but it must be approved by housekeeping. From what I've seen posted, frequently, the request is denied and I think the extension is only 1-2 hours at most and beyond that there is a charge, if approved.

You can definitely store everything with Bell Services and there is a locker room, but no shower, at the BLT pool. There is a shower at the CR pool bathroom, which you may use.

Thank you so much! Bell Services and the locker room it is! :thumbsup2

If we make purchases in the parks, they can be delivered to BLT for us, correct? At DLR they were available at Bell Services the next morning. Is this the same at WDW?

Say, does anybody have the 2016 Room Rates for all the Contemporary Rooms & Suites both Theme Park View & Garden View please? WDWKOOK, you gave me the rates for my last trip last year, do you happen to have them on you please? Any help would be appreciated.

As the pp said, the GW rooms are usually the first to go since they are the cheapest, followed by standard, then CL. If you have a specific room type you want, I agree with Eastern to book that now to make sure you get what you want and then look for discounts. Keep in mind, though, that sometimes you have to be flexible with your room type as not all are included in discounts (and some are offered at a lesser discount than others). Have fun planning :wizard:.

Happy New Year! We will be there in 6 more days!!

Happy New Year!! Hope you have a great trip! :yay:

We feel the same way about the theme, but I am looking forward to trying the CR (hopefully this year) as I agree about the location and the "vibe" :goodvibes.

I agree, we've dreamed of staying at the Contemporary for ages, but it's the location that does it for us. The decor is fine. Quite modern. But you just can't beat the location!

:thumbsup2

We figured this short trip would be the perfect way to try out CR. Who knows, we may end up loving it! LOL! We are a family of 5 so our options are a bit more limited. We walked over to CR during our trip right before Christmas to check out the Frozen gingerbread display and DH again commented on how he wants to stay there one day, but not sure he'd want to stay for a long trip.

This is my thinking as well. I don't want to commit to a week long stay as I'm not sure I'd love it that much, but a few nights would be perfect to get the "feel" of actually staying there. There's always next time should you love it and want to stay there longer ;).

I am bookless! With DD starting college in August, I haven't yet figured out what to do with spring break and summer. Are you booked at CR or Poly for August?

Thanks, KOOK.....hope your 2016 is off to a great start as well :flower3:.

Hope things are going well with DD's college plans :). I'm sure a Disney trip will fall into place around DD's schedule!

We are booked at the Poly for August, but that might change (the dates, as well as resort). The year just started and we are already looking at a busy spring/summer, so there's a lot of uncertainty right now.

If we make purchases in the parks, they can be delivered to BLT for us, correct? At DLR they were available at Bell Services the next morning. Is this the same at WDW?

I know packages can be delivered to BLT, but I don't know where they go. Hopefully others who have stayed there will be able to answer :flower3:.

Just doing the happy dance. I'm packing finally, 4 more days. I'll post pics soon.

:cool1::cheer2::jumping1:

Say, does anybody have the 2016 Room Rates for all the Contemporary Rooms & Suites both Theme Park View & Garden View please? WDWKOOK, you gave me the rates for my last trip last year, do you happen to have them on you please? Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this is from Mousesavers:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2016-contemporary-room-rates-season-dates/

Hope this helps :).

Last edited:
I believe they are available by 1:30 the next day, but at CR they are brought to either Fantasia or BVG. I don't know if it's the same for BLT guests.

Just doing the happy dance. I'm packing finally, 4 more days. I'll post pics soon.

It's almost time!!

Thank you for your question which reminded me to update all my threads with the 2016 rates:thumbsup2

Thanks, KOOK.....hope your 2016 is off to a great start as well :flower3:.

Hope things are going well with DD's college plans :). I'm sure a Disney trip will fall into place around DD's schedule!

We are booked at the Poly for August, but that might change (the dates, as well as resort). The year just started and we are already looking at a busy spring/summer, so there's a lot of uncertainty right now.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this is from Mousesavers:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2016-contemporary-room-rates-season-dates/

Hope this helps :).

That was the right link - thank you!

DD applied Early Decision and was notified back in November so it's great having that out of the way. I completely understand your uncertainty which makes it hard to book/plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter