Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Did it seem slow in the hotel? I see rooms for every other resort on property, seems odd this would be the only one with nothing.
No, it was not slow at the resort during my four night stay. However it's hard to measure the crowds at the CR. There are so many guests in the hotel and in the Grand Canyon Concourse because of Chef MIckey's which is now open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So many, many people in and around the resort to eat at this location.

To all of those expressing disappointment with the new contemporary rooms: I couldn't agree with you more. We are huge fans of the CR as well as all of the monorail resorts. I don't disagree completely with the folks who are saying the rooms should not be designed after a cartoon franchise but its more than that - these rooms are just cheap looking and unattractive imo. I wouldn't be so disappointed if the room redesign was well thought out and attractive but they simply aren't. It amazes me how the concept of cohesive theming has been tossed out by Disney execs. I mean we have a well executed redesign of the lobby area and the new Steakhouse71 celebrating the history of the resort and Mary Blair art but then they completely go in a different direction with the rooms being Incredibles themed? We actually switched our upcoming annual Disney summer vacation from the CR to the Poly several days ago based primarily on how little we like the room redesign. It's just very unfortunate to us considering how much we love the CR. But our love of the other monorail resorts is just as strong so we will just opt for those until they improve those awful rooms at the CR. Oh well, it's just as easy to hop on the monorail for a quick visit to the CR and we can still enjoy the nice new lobby, the amazing restaurants, and awesome shopping without staying in those rooms! lol

For those who have stayed at CR recently--did the ongoing renovations affect your stay? I just snagged an Atrium Club Level room for late December but don't want to pay those prices if construction is bothersome. Thanks for any insights!

For those who have stayed at CR recently--did the ongoing renovations affect your stay? I just snagged an Atrium Club Level room for late December but don't want to pay those prices if construction is bothersome. Thanks for any insights!
@LovesBelle, we just had 3 great nights at the contemporary before switching over to Beach Club today. The renovations are completed as far as I could tell. All construction scrims were down and we didn’t see any active work being done. My only comment about the renovations would be that they are visually great, but the workmanship is terrible. All of the new lobby wallpaper/vinyl stickers? Have huge bubbles in them and lots of visible wallpaper glue on the surface, etc. the shampoo pump in our shower was broken on day one and had to be replaced. Basically you could tell that they really rushed trying to get all the work done and it shows. Overall we loved the resort and will be staying there again in December 2022. Here’s a couple pics

Attachments

• 495DBFBB-5E52-4A47-869B-AD2FFB5A934D.jpeg
    495DBFBB-5E52-4A47-869B-AD2FFB5A934D.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 84
  • 5D3C7A34-13FE-492B-A2EF-CBF3C9641106.jpeg
    5D3C7A34-13FE-492B-A2EF-CBF3C9641106.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 81
  • C27D923C-A07C-43E3-8DF4-8E6A08DCB744.jpeg
    C27D923C-A07C-43E3-8DF4-8E6A08DCB744.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 80

If anyone is currently at the contemporary could you post the recreation calendar for this week, and specifically anything they are doing on Halloween. Thanks!!

Does anyone know what to request for the room when making a booking for the contemporary resort tower with lake view to get the best view? I know that I should request for higher floor but that is about it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what to request for the room when making a booking for the contemporary resort tower with lake view to get the best view? I know that I should request for higher floor but that is about it.

IMO, that’s really it. All the views are the same for the most part and there’s not enough difference from either end of the building to materially matter… so I’d just say high floor and leave it at that.

Have fun!

IMO, that’s really it. All the views are the same for the most part and there’s not enough difference from either end of the building to materially matter… so I’d just say high floor and leave it at that.

Have fun!
Thank you. I was not really sure about the Lake view side of the main tower. I know that the theme park view side needed some specific request to get a good view.

FWIW, noticed some new runD warnings on the Steakhouse 71 web page. A good reminder if you have breakfast or CR arrival plans these dates.

Several roads around Disney’s Contemporary Resort may operate under traffic restrictions or be closed to accommodate the following runDisney events.
  • January 8 and 9, 2022, from 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Walt Disney Marathon
  • February 27, 2022, from 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Disney Princess Half Marathon
If you plan to dine during these times, please allow for additional travel time. We appreciate your understanding for any inconvenience.

Thank you. I was not really sure about the Lake view side of the main tower. I know that the theme park view side needed some specific request to get a good view.
Some will also tell you to request a room away from Chef Mickey's (Chef Mickey's is on the southern end of the tower, so you'd request a room in the northern end) because it can get a little noisy at times. The noise never bothered me, but if you like to sleep in or are just more sensitive to loud noises, it might be a consideration.

I have a question regarding transportation to Epcot. Do they have busses to take you to the park or is it just the monorail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter