• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just booked a few night at YC CL in mid April. Saw all the wonderful food menus posted - anyone that has been recently get any pics of the beer, wine and booze selections? Gotta start planning how I’m gonna spend my evenings…
Start around page 1750 or so when YC CL reopened and a couple people posted pics of the offerings and food menus. I think I remember one or two pics of the beer and wine and another of the after dinner drinks mixed in with some of the dessert pics.

Speaking of CR, here are some recent pics of one of the "Standard Room - King - Club Level" rooms, which are on the 14th Floor/Tower Club level. I never stayed in the prior version of this room, only saw pics, so can't really compare the two. It's a great option for parties of 2 looking for something that's an upgrade over the regular 12th floor/Atrium Club experience and one of only a few places around WDW with a bookable King category.

The only Incredibles detail in this room is Edna above the bed. They certainly decided to go big on that concept for the Tower Club rooms. The room is mostly carpet, with hard surface flooring in the entryway and bathroom. Note these rooms only have the King bed, no day bed. The room is quite large and livable.

I have a growing dislike for these mini-fridges Disney is using these days - they just don't get all that cold.

Spacious bathroom. Note it's an all-in-one layout, no separate room for the toilet. I like how bright the new bathrooms are, both in the regular rooms and Tower Club rooms.

Had oddly low water pressure in this particular room.

Surprisingly, no wall-mounted toiletries (the larger suites I've stayed in on the 14th Floor did have wall-mounts, FWIW).

Closet, including robes/slippers.

It felt like there needed to be some kind of lighting around or above the TV, or a lamp in the corner, or something, but that's nit-picky.

All of the balconies on the 14th floor are very large relative to the rest of the tower.

Lovely views. Could be user error but we couldn't find the TV channel with fireworks music, but could hear enough coming from the lounge balconies to make it a good show. My mind starts drifting half way through Enchantment anyways. :duck: Not sure what's up with the TV channel.

You do get direct afternoon/evening sun on the TPV side which can really roast you during warm weather seasons... but the trade off is an occasional beautiful sunset.

The welcome letter in the room, including lounge service hours. Note the texting service has returned - I'm not sure if that's only a Tower Club thing or offered at both CLs. I asked a CM if a lot of people use it and they said it was hit or miss, but I was encouraged to use it if I needed anything.

Happy to answer any questions!

Last edited:

Surprisingly, no wall-mounted toiletries (the larger suites I've stayed in on the 14th Floor did have wall-mounts, FWIW).
I would guess that the shower stall is too small to have wall-mounted toiletries.
It felt like there needed to be some kind of lighting around or above the TV, or a lamp in the corner, or something, but that's nit-picky.
Absolutely! There should be a light fixture above the table or attached to the hall so you can use the table for work or to see what you are eating or reading. ;)
You do get direct afternoon/evening sun on the TPV side which can really roast you during warm weather seasons... but the trade off is an occasional beautiful sunset.
I love the sunset but I think I would prefer a Bay Lake view, especially in hot weather. I love Bay Lake. It is like being somewhere else. :)

Thanks for the photos! I definitely like the theming of these rooms much more than what's on offer in the rest of the tower. I'd love to see some photos of the food offerings in the club lounge if you have any.

Speaking of food, do you know if it's possible for the concierge to call down to Steakhouse 71 and find a table if it happens to be otherwise booked? I know DSS doesn't have any extra reservation supply that isn't generally available, but I wonder if there might be a possibility that such a play would work in this case because it's all within the same hotel.

Did you call in the water pressure issue and if so, did it get fixed? That would be a deal breaker for me if I was staying in the room.

I love the sunset but I think I would prefer a Bay Lake view, especially in hot weather. I love Bay Lake. It is like being somewhere else. :)

Yeah, this might be a controversial take but I feel like the Theme Park View, despite being the more expensive category, is actually the worse view because of how much of it is taken up by the parking lot. Plus, Bay Lake is quieter and more relaxing - and you can easily get the Theme Park View by crossing the hall and going into the lounge.

Happy to answer any questions!

Was that 4911 or 4912? I saw a pre-refurb video of 4911, and the bathroom layout was entirely different, so I’m wondering if they redid the bathroom layouts or if the different king rooms on 14 all have different bathrooms. I like the separate toilet area, and the 4911 video I saw showed a separate toilet (and bidet) but it only had a single sink, I think. Unless I’m getting all the videos mixed up?

However, we’re only there one night after a YC stay that I couldn’t extend, so I can live with any bathroom for one night when the room comes with a fabulous balcony and view.

Thanks for all the pics!

Thanks for the photos! I definitely like the theming of these rooms much more than what's on offer in the rest of the tower. I'd love to see some photos of the food offerings in the club lounge if you have any.

Speaking of food, do you know if it's possible for the concierge to call down to Steakhouse 71 and find a table if it happens to be otherwise booked? I know DSS doesn't have any extra reservation supply that isn't generally available, but I wonder if there might be a possibility that such a play would work in this case because it's all within the same hotel.

Did you call in the water pressure issue and if so, did it get fixed? That would be a deal breaker for me if I was staying in the room.

Sometimes in years past, the CR staff was able to do this for us. I never intentionally asked them to do it, it just sorta happened that we asked if like Cali Grill had any openings that evening, and they said they could call to ask.

But the most recent time was at least 4-5 years ago. It is one of those gray areas that maybe some CM's can/will try calling, but others might not know this is an option/not have the authority/experience/seniority to call. So they will only look in MDE, and if it comes up empty, that's it. Or they might not be able to do it at all now.

I have stayed on the 14th floor three times. The first was 2-remodels ago, and it was awful. Our faucet leaked, the roof leaked, most of the elevators were down for the duration of our stay and more... When we talked to CM's, they pretty much just shrugged.

The second and third times were after the prior remodel, and both happened to be the same room. It was the handicapped accessible room, so it had the roll in shower and the automatic door. It was a little different, but we liked it overall. It was a 2 queen room. One thing missing now (from photos above) is the old room had a nice bench at the foot of the bed. It ran the width of the bed and was a great place to open a suitcase. The bathroom layout was similar to the pictures in that the toilet/shower were in together. Since it was an accessible roll-in shower with no curtain, it is a bit of a challenge to contain the water, but the handheld shower head was a plus.

Those two stays the staff was fabulous.

We just booked a few night at YC CL in mid April. Saw all the wonderful food menus posted - anyone that has been recently get any pics of the beer, wine and booze selections? Gotta start planning how I’m gonna spend my evenings…
In the past it has been something like 4 beers, Stella, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Bud Light and a local beer. Usually 4 different wines, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet, and one other. Also at night a bunch of Cordials. You can get beer or wine anytime, if you ask, and bring it back to your room with apps. We have done that midday on the balcony and watch the pool, and crowds. Don’t be shy about asking. Have fun.

In the past it has been something like 4 beers, Stella, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Bud Light and a local beer. Usually 4 different wines, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet, and one other. Also at night a bunch of Cordials. You can get beer or wine anytime, if you ask, and bring it back to your room with apps. We have done that midday on the balcony and watch the pool, and crowds. Don’t be shy about asking. Have fun.
Thanks for the Beer/Wine information. Do they offer sparkling wine or rose?

Has anyone been at YC CL (or BC CL) on a Sunday morning since reopening? I know some, I think BWI and maybe RPC, do a little extra for Sunday mornings—Mickey waffles, etc. We will be switching over to YC CL on a Sunday during our split stay and I was debating whether it would be worth it to Uber from our other hotel to make it for breakfast rather than giving bell services our luggage and using Disney transportation?? I’ve been looking for a Sunday YC CL menu, but can’t find one yet.
TIA.

Was that 4911 or 4912? I saw a pre-refurb video of 4911, and the bathroom layout was entirely different, so I’m wondering if they redid the bathroom layouts or if the different king rooms on 14 all have different bathrooms. I like the separate toilet area, and the 4911 video I saw showed a separate toilet (and bidet) but it only had a single sink, I think. Unless I’m getting all the videos mixed up?

However, we’re only there one night after a YC stay that I couldn’t extend, so I can live with any bathroom for one night when the room comes with a fabulous balcony and view.

Thanks for all the pics!

Hi - it was 4911. And random note, I love the design/style of the Tower Club hallways and room doors!

Not related to your question but some other notes about the room...4911 is the room closest to the lounge. On one side is the lounge service/storage room, the other is 4912, the other 1K. I could never really hear any material noise from the lounge side, but the people in 4912 were noisy! :-)

We were woken up one night around midnight while they were using some sort of tile brush/scrubbing/vacuum machine in the lounge/elevator hallway. It was a rather loud machine and I was surprised they would do that kind of cleaning at that hour, but just one of those things where there's probably no good time to do it. Most other rooms on 14 are far enough away no one else would ever hear a peep.

Yeah, this might be a controversial take but I feel like the Theme Park View, despite being the more expensive category, is actually the worse view because of how much of it is taken up by the parking lot. Plus, Bay Lake is quieter and more relaxing - and you can easily get the Theme Park View by crossing the hall and going into the lounge.

I just organized my food photos, will post shortly.

As for ADR assistance from the concierge... it is worth asking, but I'd keep expectations pretty low. Unfortunately Disney isn't really set up to "just call downstairs" and make things happen, although I have often wished there would be a little more of that with CL.

I would say that while pixie dust is possible, it's more of the exception than the rule in my experience. But you never know! I will say the Tower Club environment makes it easier/more comfortable to have such conversations with CMs as it's a little more personal, it's quieter, there often aren't others around, etc.

I didn't call in the low water pressure - it was fine overall so not really call in worthy, IMO - but it struck me as different as Disney resorts usually have really good pressure.

I've been looking through the thread, but there's so many posts! Does anyone have any pictures of the food/beverages at the Animal Kingdom Lodge lounge or happen to know which page of this thread I could find them? We're staying club level for the first time 3/23-3/26, and I can't wait. Thank you!

I've been looking through the thread, but there's so many posts! Does anyone have any pictures of the food/beverages at the Animal Kingdom Lodge lounge or happen to know which page of this thread I could find them? We're staying club level for the first time 3/23-3/26, and I can't wait. Thank you!

I think the person who originally started this thread is updating Page 1 with links to recent CL reviews/reports. So maybe check there to see if she has done AKL yet. :)

Edit to add: I just checked Page 1 and I didn't see AKL yet. I know people have stayed there and posted pics.....sorry I know how hard it is to search this thread for pics! Maybe search for @trishadono cause I'm pretty sure she has been there at least once since re-opening.

Some recent CR Tower Club lounge/food offering photos. I'd say offerings overall were mostly similar to what they were around the Sept/October reopening.

Honey yogurt jars, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, and various oatmeal toppings. Unfortunately CR is still really lacking in the morning fruit department - that chopped fruit in its own juices just doesn't compare favorably to what is offered at other CLs (in my opinion). At least they have added a version that is strawberries/blueberries/blackberries in addition to the mostly mellon mixed fruit. I don't know why they make this harder on themselves - just put out a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and maybe some sliced melon and be done with it. :confused3

Steel cut oats.

Avocado toast.

Vegetable quiche. They recently added induction warmers to the counters here (and on 12 from what I was told). Makes for a nicer presentation that the portable warmers they had before. They also changed the food shields (or whatever they are called) to a more modern all-glass look.

Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, Munster cheese, pit ham, roasted turkey, salami.

I put the mixed fruit on top of the oatmeal.

Obligatory mimosa photo. :-)

Snacks are pretty consistent with other CLs. While I wish there was maybe one thing offered with a little more substance, I really don't mind this new setup all that much.

This little fridge is pretty much stocked with these items all of the time - Uncrustables, Grapes, Carrot Slices, Apple Slices (was out in this photo) and Sabra Hummus/Pretzels.

Hey @trishadono.... ice bucket!

We were only around for one evening service, so these were all from the same night:

Crudite, Couscous & Artichoke Salad, Cauliflower Salad with Pine Nuts & Raisins, Tomato Salad with Mozzarella & Prosciutto. Unless they've changed things recently, I believe the sushi offering is still unique to the 14th floor.

Disney loves their runny mac n cheese. But the Brown Rice Power Bowl was really good.

As were these dishes.

The large-size 420 cans are still a surprising offering to me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter