Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi all! We're currently in the middle of our WL CL stay, and I wanted to post details about the breakfast offerings.

Yesterday, there were scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal with a variety of fixings, cereal, smoked salmon, bagels and cream cheese, white bread and a variety of muffins and pastries. There were also a selection of juices, coffee and an espresso machine. In addition to sodas, boxed juices and beer, they also had water from a tap, but no bottled water.

Did you try asking a CM for some? I was told they have it, they just don't put it out on the CL line. Nice photos! Love the new Nespresso machine!

One thing I noticed while getting back up to speed for our next trip (since it's been 6yrs!) is what seems like that expectation of many for more substantial food at dinner time in the lounge. Our previous CL stays- never went in with that expectation and knew that it was more appetizer like offerings. But maybe as they moved to more "heavy" appetizers - the more people have become to expect something that will actually serve as a meal substitute? I have seen people comment on the lack of "lunch" - that never used to be in the mix either, was that something was offered at some time? We experienced just snacks previous.
The debate over CL = meals...is as older than the 1,000page thread that predated this one, and - to be blunt- the CL offerings have always been ambiguous. That's a big part of the reason this thread exists. Not only are the offerings ambiguous, but they change over time. When I first started reading this thread...BC served donuts and was tiny. The website also lacks information. Back then, you couldn't even book CL via the webpage! You had to call to even book it.

But part of the greatness is few people know what it is, so they don't book it.

In short, the answer is always going to be personal. For me, I can easily skip a meal during the day, and a juicy orange is sometimes plenty to tide me over for a few hours. When not CL at WDW, we have done it all: big TS meals, snacking our way through the day, and even getting so busy we forget to eat at all.

A few years back, there was one day, where we talked about stopping for lunch, but then we kept going on one more ride, and one more ride, and happened to buy a small bag of M&M's on our way out of MK. We ate those on our way to Universal, then got in line for Hagrid's (new + long line) and next thing we knew it was almost 11pm and we had not had any other food since our 8am breakfast!

Also, there's a difference between what WDW offers, what Universal offers, and what other hotel brands offer. So YMMV.

Even on days when the offerings are potentially fairly substantial, if you don't happen to like the one type of meat that is offered, then you won't be eating anything. CL is very hit or miss. I don't say that to be flippant; a back-up plan is always wise when staying CL.

I have sometimes heard CM's call the appetizers "appetizers," and sometimes I have heard individual CM's call the 5-7pm food "dinner," especially when talking directly to chefs.

For myself, I tend to think the small size plates suggest it is not meant to be more than a light meal at most.

Well, I am down to 18 more days until the big anniversary trip. Today Jim said he would like to do pictures for our anniversary. I looked on the Facebook page for Ear For Each Other, the one for furloughed cast members, and found a photographer to meet us at the Boardwalk to take pictures for us. We did not get professional pictures when we got married. Jim came home from Vietnam and we were married in my mom’s living room by a JP. I am looking forward to this!

I did the Celebration at the Top last night (omg, amazing and a great value), and was moooooving slow this morning - they kept filling my glass - so no pics of breakfast - regular spread, cheese blintzes, egg rollups with sausage, cheesy eggs. It was all I could do to eat a croissant! WL has RPC beat with the vat of sausage.

Apps tonight were great. Grilled veggies, cheese and meats and breads/crackers, strawberry soup, gumbo (I think?), and the below - chicken cordon bleu bites, stuffed shrimp (sooo much yum). Desserts tonight included mini cannoli, chocolate-hazelnut mousse cups, cheesecake bites, and the usual cookies/brownies

Attachments

• E902B2BA-3AF8-4C8C-B56A-8531F5369D38.jpeg
    E902B2BA-3AF8-4C8C-B56A-8531F5369D38.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 115
  • F0566777-6E93-4C39-A642-9A1520C78046.jpeg
    F0566777-6E93-4C39-A642-9A1520C78046.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 109
  • 27DD8161-9536-4F4B-85D9-C863A582B1F6.jpeg
    27DD8161-9536-4F4B-85D9-C863A582B1F6.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 23107A7A-11FB-41C4-B91C-0AAF83F5F1CE.jpeg
    23107A7A-11FB-41C4-B91C-0AAF83F5F1CE.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 115

Well, I am down to 18 more days until the big anniversary trip. Today Jim said he would like to do pictures for our anniversary. I looked on the Facebook page for Ear For Each Other, the one for furloughed cast members, and found a photographer to meet us at the Boardwalk to take pictures for us. We did not get professional pictures when we got married. Jim came home from Vietnam and we were married in my mom’s living room by a JP. I am looking forward to this!

So happy for you and Jim to get to this point after what y’all have been through. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Is turn down service still offered at Cl post Covid?
We need to start a CL Turndown list 😂 from my very foggy memory RPC might be doing it, CR is not…

Personally if you need housekeeping at some point I think the best method is to swing by the front desk/CL concierge in person (Haven’t tried the CL concierge myself) and request it. I was able to get a sheet change a few days into a Riviera stay that way as well as a trash/towels refresh on an off day.

Last edited:

The chef introduced 2 new hot breakfast items this morning at RPC (sausage and eggs in puff pastry and biscuits with turkey sausage gravy). He came out and has been chatting with guests for feedback. Yum!

They’ve been cleaning the rooms every day, but no turndown service.

Attachments

• 2B79CA73-869E-4AA0-AC26-FF7738F0F5C8.jpeg
    2B79CA73-869E-4AA0-AC26-FF7738F0F5C8.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 03C05925-450E-47A6-886D-4A598FB09BEC.jpeg
    03C05925-450E-47A6-886D-4A598FB09BEC.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 134
  • EFE680BA-A616-45E0-BEA4-E25C7AACCE1D.jpeg
    EFE680BA-A616-45E0-BEA4-E25C7AACCE1D.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 8A237758-92B5-4481-8401-DD119A379592.jpeg
    8A237758-92B5-4481-8401-DD119A379592.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 137
The debate over CL = meals...is as older than the 1,000page thread that predated this one, and - to be blunt- the CL offerings have always been ambiguous. .................

Even on days when the offerings are potentially fairly substantial, if you don't happen to like the one type of meat that is offered, then you won't be eating anything. CL is very hit or miss. I don't say that to be flippant; a back-up plan is always wise when staying CL.

I have sometimes heard CM's call the appetizers "appetizers," and sometimes I have heard individual CM's call the 5-7pm food "dinner," especially when talking directly to chefs.

For myself, I tend to think the small size plates suggest it is not meant to be more than a light meal at most.
Agree. There is so much variability in what people think of as 'dinner'. Some people go to evening CL hours and then go to a signature restaurant. I could never do this: just too much food.

I do not book any big dinners when we stay CL. I will usually book a sit down lunch or get CS and then CL is a light 'dinner'. And you are right about CL being hit or miss. I was disappointed in Poly because one night the main appetizer was a choice of california roll or vegetable roll (pre-pandemic). The only other thing they had was cheese and fruit. So that night would not be good if I was planning on 'dinner'.

Mostly we have been happy with the choices but it's a guess at best as to what they will serve as the menus are always changing. Disney scales back and then later adds things and then scales back again. To keep expectations in line you have to be willing to pay the listed price and figure you will get some snacks. Anything else is bonus. That is why I'm not currently booking but I do miss it. I will spend money but I like to feel I got value. The question of 'value' differs between guests. :wizard:

Confusion here. Hopeing someone can help. BWI has an Outer Building Garden View Room at a hefty price tag. I believe it's the little cottage-type room. Disney website currently does not list this room under CL. Also, website currently shows it as an occupancy of 2 adults only (it disappears from availability if you search with 2 adults + 2 kids). I thought in the past that this room category was CL, and that it had a pull out couch in the downstairs living room, as well as the king bed upstairs. Anyone know what's up with the changes?
I'm terribly worried that they've removed them. I haven't been able to find out for 100% certain but here's why I'm worried.
When the CL first reopened late last year they were listed with CL access.
Sometime in the last few months they took CL access off them.
Now I know how glitchy MDE is and how fraught with mistakes it is.
But this one seems quite intentional.
I can't fathom that they'll ever fill them without CL access but they are lovely rooms.
I really hope it's just a mistake on MDE

But, rooms only for 2 by the way. They are sort of fashioned to be a honeymoon cottage so even though they have a sleeper sofa they won't book for more than 2.

If I add my mom as a "day guest" so she can come spend the evening with my daughter while my husband and I have a date evening at Epcot, what will my mom actually be able to access at the resort? Will she be able to take my daughter to resort activities in guests only areas? Will she be able to take her to the CL at all? Trying to mentally plan logistics is tough!

If I add my mom as a "day guest" so she can come spend the evening with my daughter while my husband and I have a date evening at Epcot, what will my mom actually be able to access at the resort? Will she be able to take my daughter to resort activities in guests only areas? Will she be able to take her to the CL at all? Trying to mentally plan logistics is tough!
Sure. I think it should totally be ok. Pass her one of your magic bands or just let your daughter use hers (not sure of the age) to access the lounge area.

Hi. We just received our room assignment for Boardwalk Inn-4273. Touring Plans has it listed as club level access. Is this still true ? Thanks!

Hi. We just received our room assignment for Boardwalk Inn-4273. Touring Plans has it listed as club level access. Is this still true ? Thanks!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no, that room is no longer CL. That room, along with others along that hallway “outside the Innkeeper’s Door” used to be classified as CL, but Disney removed those from the CL room inventory when BWI CL reopened a few months back.

Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear, but I otherwise hope you have a wonderful trip!

It’s perfectly fine.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no, that room is no longer CL. There used to be some rooms on that hallway “outside the Innkeeper’s Door” that were classified as CL, but Disney removed those from the CL room inventory when BWI CL reopened a few months back.

Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear, but I otherwise hope you have a wonderful trip!

It is perfectly fine. I thought that may be the case. Just glad to know one way or the other. I had thought about booking club level- mostly as my son likes breakfast and I do not like to eat early, but I like snacks and stuff later in the day- and the club access could cover the gaps. However, I would not get my money's worth out of it as we wouldn’t utilize it often or even daily most likely, and I don’t really drink alcohol. Thanks for the reply!

Touring plans has a lot of great info. Room details is the one place they are lacking. The info they got to start was good but they don’t seem to ever update when Disney changes things like room categories or bed configuration

The on-property gas stations have, I think, Zephyr Hills or Dasani (maybe both). Both brands are kinda blech IMO. Zephyr Hills is FL water, so almost defeats the purpose of buying bottles.
Wow just wow. Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water is not just Florida water. It is from a couple of great fresh water springs fed from the Florida Aquifer the deepest fresh water in North America.

Maybe you think more expense brands like Fiji water are better because it costs more and is bad for the environment it is bottled and shipped from Fiji via fuel guzzling ships. Fiji is overrun with ocean junk plastic but they have to ship in plastic for the Fiji water bottles to be filled on the island of Viti Levu.

Dasani (Coca Cola) is just like Aquafina (Pepsi) - both are local tap water from Detroit processed by reverse osmosis and tastes the same anywhere. You may be thinking of Central FL tap water that has a slight sulfur smell if not flushed out of the copper lines for example in hotel rooms that may go unoccupied for several days at a time.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter