Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh... maybe I'm asking the RIGHT thread, because I really WANT to stay RPC, so you enablers might be just the folks I need to talk me into spending ridiculous amounts of $$$. LOL. I'm definitely a CL kind of gal. I like lots of resort time, am fine living on CL food, etc. RPC TPV just came available for my dates, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it at rack rate. Thanks for the input!
Are you currently booked in a regular room at GF and are looking to upgrade or this would be a new reservation? If you are already paying rack rate somewhere else, you can probably justify the price, making it more like an "all inclusive" since you will have little to no money out in food, which adds up really really quick. I think @Dispro1 will be there this weekend, so hopefully she will be able to give you a better overview of what is offered.

I would imagine there was some reluctance to admit discounts are needed to fill rooms so close to 10/1 and the holidays. Maybe a sign discounts will be more targeted going forward. Regardless, a good test balloon I think…

This is how they did AP discounts years ago. Very last minute & limited resorts. Targeting more last minute, spur of the moment trips.

Are you currently booked in a regular room at GF and are looking to upgrade or this would be a new reservation? If you are already paying rack rate somewhere else, you can probably justify the price, making it more like an "all inclusive" since you will have little to no money out in food, which adds up really really quick. I think @Dispro1 will be there this weekend, so hopefully she will be able to give you a better overview of what is offered.
I do have a GF Garden View at rack rate, so this would be an upgrade. And yes... I see your "all inclusive" logic. Good thoughts. Interested to see what Dispro1 thinks about the experience!

My DD and I always stay at WL for Thanksgiving. There won’t be CL there this year at Thanksgiving…I’m missing it. So is my daughter. She’s been following along reading the posts here about the re-opening of CL at AKL. So I just thought I’d take a look at what was available Thanksgiving week…just to see. I ended up stalking for availability. 🤣 I was able to switch our stay to RPC deluxe king room for the first few days of our stay. I kept stalking for something else for the end of our stay. Ideally I’d like not to do a split stay, but I’ll take what I have! The second half of our stay I was finally able this morning to book CL at BWI. I’m especially excited because it will be a first for us!! We are breaking from our usual tradition this Thanksgiving, and we can’t wait! I’m eager to read about the CL re-openings at GF and BWI.

My daughter and I are leaving on Friday for a long weekend at Disney. We’re staying at the Poly. I’m so excited to see the room makeover. I’m typically not a huge fan of the Poly (I know…:duck:), but I have really enjoyed seeing photos of the new rooms and am feeling really excited to stay there this time!!

I'm glad they offered one but it's a weird one. 2 weeks only 🤷‍♀️
Like why did they even bother? Just trying for the publicity of a discount and hoping the idea of going to Disney would be enough to get people to book rack rate when they actually want to go this winter?

I would imagine there was some reluctance to admit discounts are needed to fill rooms so close to 10/1 and the holidays. Maybe a sign discounts will be more targeted going forward. Regardless, a good test balloon I think…
I prefer to think it’s a sign of more to come. The unfortunate realization their rack rate sales are a 50th blip, not long term reality. They should not need to discount the week of Xmas Eve and Xmas. Enough schools take the whole thing off.

We did a similar "Sip, Savor, Sparkle" in 2018 and were not wowed, so this review doesn't surprise me. But the view wasn't terrible. However, unless the dessert parties are a ton more, that seems like a better view/investment (just my 2 cents)

And to note - though this is totally scuttlebutt - when we at at the California Grill in early September, the waiter told us he'd heard they were going to go to a prix fix menu in the dining room - which I understand but also am disappointed. I split an appetizer, entrée, and dessert with a friend and wished I hadn't taken that last bite of Creme Brulee as it was over the top on filling me up to uncomfortable.
Uggg! After the debut of the prix fix menu for the Space Restaurant I would like to tell Disney exactly where they can shove their prix fix menus 😡

Who's stayed at RPC lately? Are the lounges running normally? Who's stayed RPC Theme Park View? Is the sun blasting your balcony all day long? It seems like it would be. Silly question and open to personal preference, I know... but RPC TPV pricing is SKY HIGH. Is it really worth it? I'm sure it would be extremely cool, but at rack rate pricing? I don't know.
I agree with @NicoleLarson here (although I do TS lunches most days and TS dinners about half the time).

I love CL for breakfast and espresso, controlled space to chill outside the room, snacks in the afternoon, and evening appetizers and alcoholic beverages. It’s very personal if it’s worth it for you- and even that can depend on the specific hotel. CL at WL I adored, CL at RPC I couldn’t even speak to as it’s out of my price range.

I’m a huge advocate for split stays. If you’re worried on the value proposition of RPC but want the splurge maybe consider splitting it with something else.

I prefer to think it’s a sign of more to come. The unfortunate realization their rack rate sales are a 50th blip, not long term reality. They should not need to discount the week of Xmas Eve and Xmas. Enough schools take the whole thing off.
I really think it's this. Even if you could afford to spend it why would you want to. The price doesn't really buy you extra value, it's just the location. Disney has become really hard to plan. CL prices should also buy you some planning assistance/benefits.

I agree with @NicoleLarson here (although I do TS lunches most days and TS dinners about half the time).

I love CL for breakfast and espresso, controlled space to chill outside the room, snacks in the afternoon, and evening appetizers and alcoholic beverages. It’s very personal if it’s worth it for you- and even that can depend on the specific hotel. CL at WL I adored, CL at RPC I couldn’t even speak to as it’s out of my price range.

I’m a huge advocate for split stays. If you’re worried on the value proposition of RPC but want the splurge maybe consider splitting it with something else.
Thanks! Good thoughts and comments. I've done CL at the GF Sugar Loaf (solid value), Poly (best lounge in my opinion, I could have hung out there all day) and AKL (disliked). AKL was a split w/WL. All of my prior CL stays were booked with a room discount of one kind or another. Most recent was Poly the NYE before Covid. I paid high prices for all, but prices that seemed justifiable. None were even in the ballpark of today's RPC pricing, which seems stratospheric. RPC is approx $1400 per night for my dates, almost double the nightly price of my Garden View room. While I'd really like to experience RPC, I can't justify it. Yet here on the Dis, I see lots of people who seem to absolutely love RPC and I'm trying to understand why. Is it just the prestige factor? The "dream stay" factor? Or is there a value to those rooms that I'm not understanding?

Thanks! Good thoughts and comments. I've done CL at the GF Sugar Loaf (solid value), Poly (best lounge in my opinion, I could have hung out there all day) and AKL (disliked). AKL was a split w/WL. All of my prior CL stays were booked with a room discount of one kind or another. Most recent was Poly the NYE before Covid. I paid high prices for all, but prices that seemed justifiable. None were even in the ballpark of today's RPC pricing, which seems stratospheric. RPC is approx $1400 per night for my dates, almost double the nightly price of my Garden View room. While I'd really like to experience RPC, I can't justify it. Yet here on the Dis, I see lots of people who seem to absolutely love RPC and I'm trying to understand why. Is it just the prestige factor? The "dream stay" factor? Or is there a value to those rooms that I'm not understanding?

Wow...double!! Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow, when you are already paying a highly overinflated price. Interestingly enough I was just watching a youtube video on the world's best resorts.....and these places were AMAZING, most were priced around 1,000-$1500 per night. So for WDW to think that RPC is at that level is just crazy, just crazy. I personally have never stayed at RPC but those on here that have can chime in on their perceived value. When you initally asked, I was thinking oh it's probably 200-300 more per night and I think you can "disney math" your way out of that one but $700...no way.

I did get lucky and my rpc night 9/29 is $900.

I do love Poly and Sugar Loaf! I often got them with a discount at 350-550 a night which wasn’t too much more than the rooms. I would do the gv at poly .

For rpc I was doing that once a year with DH. He really enjoys it. We relaxed for breakfast. Adding soup for lunch was awesome! The appies worked for us too. At night we were content to listen to piano/bands and just hang out.

With dd trips we have bounced around more because we like them all and I try to budget. Sometimes one of the cl would have a better deal or availability when no one else did etc.

Then dd got smart and invited herself to our adult weekends. Since she lives away from home dh was happy to have her.

Her and I often do the tea room when not staying at grand so we enjoy the 2: 30 is tea time , time.

I am not happy with the rate I am paying for CR atrium. I had a regular TPV at 25% off. Had I known they were going to add all this night stuff I would have picked that. With balance due 30days prior I had to make a decision.

On a side note DD’s fiancee just asked to come for part of the trip to do Space 220!

**INO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING MOM!

I rank overall food, rooms, lounge space, hotel location and amenities:

Poly
Gf rpc
CR atrium
Gf sl
I think I’ll like yc the only one I haven’t tried. Someday lol.
If you like the Epcot area (which we usually prefer for access to WS) we do like both BWI and YC. Have stayed many times at BC but never CL. Of the MK resorts, my favorite is GF RPC. It comes with Abdul.

I think that RPC has the best food quantity/selection overall, plus the addition of tea time. Also the CMs were very happy to get you champagne whenever you wanted it. I like the building itself, love the lobby. Hope they bring the live music back. Excellent housekeeping, best ever at Disney.

That being said, our stay at RPC included multiple adults and averaged $900/night (maybe I got a discount to get that price?) and it was the most money I had ever paid for CL. $1400 should be the cost for a suite, imo. That is out.rage.ous!

I mean you might as well just get a regular room and purchase whatever food and drinks you need whenever you want and still save money. $700/day buys a lot of cappucinos.

Wow...double!! Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow, when you are already paying a highly overinflated price. Interestingly enough I was just watching a youtube video on the world's best resorts.....and these places were AMAZING, most were priced around 1,000-$1500 per night. So for WDW to think that RPC is at that level is just crazy, just crazy. I personally have never stayed at RPC but those on here that have can chime in on their perceived value. When you initally asked, I was thinking oh it's probably 200-300 more per night and I think you can "disney math" your way out of that one but $700...no way.
Right? It's interesting that previously there was no availability for RPC for my dates (Oct 1-6) while now there are several RPC rooms available including +/- one or two days (my travel dates are flexible). What is that all about? People book RPC and then cancel it 2 weeks out? Weird. Regarding your "real world" hotel comparison, which I can't help but comment on, you're absolutely right. The Four Seasons has Theme Park View (fireworks view) rooms available for those same days at $1200/nt ($200 less than RPC). The Four Seasons! One of the most expensive hotel chains in the world.

I think that RPC has the best food quantity/selection overall, plus the addition of tea time. Also the CMs were very happy to get you champagne whenever you wanted it. I like the building itself, love the lobby. Hope they bring the live music back. Excellent housekeeping, best ever at Disney.

That being said, our stay at RPC included multiple adults and averaged $900/night (maybe I got a discount to get that price?) and it was the most money I had ever paid for CL. $1400 should be the cost for a suite, imo. That is out.rage.ous!

I mean you might as well just get a regular room and purchase whatever food and drinks you need whenever you want and still save money. $700/day buys a lot of cappucinos.
The Outer Building 2 Bedroom Suite is avail for my nights at $2996 per night. THREE THOUSAND A NIGHT? out.rage.ous again! Yes... 700/day buys a lot of cappuccinos, mickey waffles, tea and scones, cheese and crackers, goldfish, and mini desserts. With probably a lot leftover for champagne.

The Outer Building 2 Bedroom Suite is avail for my nights at $2996 per night. THREE THOUSAND A NIGHT? out.rage.ous again! Yes... 700/day buys a lot of cappuccinos, mickey waffles, tea and scones, cheese and crackers, goldfish, and mini desserts. With probably a lot leftover for champagne.
I mean when it gets into that price realm I don't even consider it. kooky. But someone in management said, 'hey, let's try it. We can always discount it later'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!