Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

A question for the experts....which Epcot area resort would you recommend for a one bedroom suite/cl....
Beach Club, Yacht Club or BWI? I have previously stayed at BW and BC in standard cl rooms but never a one bedroom.

Thanks!

Dani

Just wanted to report in that I received a call from Disney Signature Services (not sure when, could be anytime from this past Sunday to today as life has been beyond chaotic trying to get daughter ready to travel this weekend to compete in her first States cheer competition). I haven't called them back but they left a very pleasant phone message confirming we're staying club level and left a number to call them back if we have any questions or if they can help us with anything. We're still almost 2+ weeks short of our 180 day ADR window so I was surprised but it was nice to hear from them without me having to call them. :)

This is nice to hear! Sounds like DSS is a good change ;).

Off CL subject...don't hurt me:eek:

Have any of you done any behind the scenes tours and if so, any recommendations? I'm trying to plan a trip just with my husband in May and think this is a great opportunity to do something like that.

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

We haven't tried any tours, but we're considering doing Keys to the Kingdom on our next trip :wizard:.

Hi! This thread is so helpful:disrocks: We booked Standard Atrium Club for the end of June-July. Are all these rooms 2 Queen or do I need to request? My brother is taking DD and I to celebrate her double digit "10":bday:. We haven't been contacted yet by DSS, but we just switched from YC a few days ago. This is our first time at the CR and Club level.

We haven't stayed at CR, but the majority of rooms are 2 queens/daybed, so you should be good :).

Here's an update on AKL CL so far. We continue to be very impressed with everything! All the CMs we've encountered have been great. Very friendly and eager to help. Even with the volume of guests they deal with each day, they all take time to speak and even remember little things like your wine preference or where you're from. The food has been phenomenal. Here's what we've noticed so far food-wise:

Breakfast: quinoa porridge with cooked apples, oatmeal with a delicious toasted quinoa topping, pastries that rotate each day, boiled eggs, a wide assortment of fresh fruits, cheeses, a meat (yesterday it was a type of dried beef, this morning it was prosciutto), yogurts, and cereal.

Snacks: make-your-own trail mix, kettle chips with three different types of hummus along with other dips to dip them in, cookies, and homemade granola bars with Mickey sprinkles.

Tea: cookies, peanut butter brownies, rice krispy treats, and scones with clotted cream.

Supper rotates each evening. Last night we had chicken "bunny stew" in a little bread bowl that was ridiculously good, as well as a sausage stew with pap. Tonight was an African mac and cheese and a duck dish with couscous and dried fruits. Each night there is always a slightly different cheese assortment, along with breads and fresh veggies and different hummus types, preserved vegetables like olives and a chutney, delicious horseradish mustard, some sort of salad (tonight was chickpea and edamame), a small bite like couscous or a soup sample, and two hot dishes. Desserts are all pretty good, but we've been so full after supper we haven't had room for too many of them!

Wine and beer are all by-request. They are not visible to guests and are poured in the kitchen area and brought out to you. There is a merlot, a red blend, a white, and a sparkling. They also make mimosas and sangria out of the wine mixed with jungle juice. Beers are Tusker, Bud Light, Yuengling, and Heineken. CMs are more than happy to get drinks for you any time — we carried "to go" mimosas out to the bus stop this morning. The CMs are very strict about taking glassware out of the lounge, so all drinks need to be in plastic if taking them to the room.

Bus service has been good all except this morning, when the line to EPCOT was so long it would've taken 3 very full buses to accommodate. We ended up riding the AK bus over and catching a bus to EPCOT from there.

Turndown service has been spot-on. This is a change from BWI a few weeks ago where we only got it one night out of 4. Mousekeeping is great here too. The views from the CL rooms are lovely. We've seen tons of animals. All the CL rooms are on the 4th floor with the exception of 10 DVC timeshare condos on the 6th floor. Those units don't have good views according to the CMs and a DVC owner we met in the lounge. I think they're classified as standard view. All the 4th floor CL rooms have savanna views. I'm not sure why they decided to do this, but the entire 5th floor is DVC timeshare units as well. That used to be the CL floor originally, and now has no CL rooms on it. Kind of a shame they gave that floor away, tbh.

More to come. Let me know if y'all have any questions!

Thank you so much for your review! We will be there in 2 weeks, first time staying CL. Really looking forward to it, and so glad you are having a great time :)

Hi! This thread is so helpful:disrocks: We booked Standard Atrium Club for the end of June-July. Are all these rooms 2 Queen or do I need to request? My brother is taking DD and I to celebrate her double digit "10":bday:. We haven't been contacted yet by DSS, but we just switched from YC a few days ago. This is our first time at the CR and Club level.

CR Atrium Club.... :banana::banana::banana:

FWIW, I can't quite figure out the pattern of who DSS is contacting and when. I got a call about a month ago for a fall CL reservation, which at the time was a couple of weeks before the 180 day mark. I have not been contacted about two CL reservations I have before that, so :confused3 what the logic is. I guess the point is, don't worry if you don't hear from them. You can always reach out to them via phone/e-mail directly.

The large majority of Atrium Club rooms are 2 Queens and a daybed. I would have said they were all this way but someone reported above that at least two are kings. I probably wouldn't worry about requesting 2 Queens since the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor, rather, I'd save your requests for something more 'important' such as location on the floor, proximity to lounge, etc.

We've done a couple of birthdays at Disney and those have been some of our favorite trips. Make sure to have DSS note you're celebrating a birthday on your reservation.

Happy planning!

Here's an update on AKL CL so far. We continue to be very impressed with everything! All the CMs we've encountered have been great. Very friendly and eager to help. Even with the volume of guests they deal with each day, they all take time to speak and even remember little things like your wine preference or where you're from. The food has been phenomenal. Here's what we've noticed so far food-wise:

Breakfast: quinoa porridge with cooked apples, oatmeal with a delicious toasted quinoa topping, pastries that rotate each day, boiled eggs, a wide assortment of fresh fruits, cheeses, a meat (yesterday it was a type of dried beef, this morning it was prosciutto), yogurts, and cereal.

Snacks: make-your-own trail mix, kettle chips with three different types of hummus along with other dips to dip them in, cookies, and homemade granola bars with Mickey sprinkles.

Tea: cookies, peanut butter brownies, rice krispy treats, and scones with clotted cream.

Supper rotates each evening. Last night we had chicken "bunny stew" in a little bread bowl that was ridiculously good, as well as a sausage stew with pap. Tonight was an African mac and cheese and a duck dish with couscous and dried fruits. Each night there is always a slightly different cheese assortment, along with breads and fresh veggies and different hummus types, preserved vegetables like olives and a chutney, delicious horseradish mustard, some sort of salad (tonight was chickpea and edamame), a small bite like couscous or a soup sample, and two hot dishes. Desserts are all pretty good, but we've been so full after supper we haven't had room for too many of them!

Wine and beer are all by-request. They are not visible to guests and are poured in the kitchen area and brought out to you. There is a merlot, a red blend, a white, and a sparkling. They also make mimosas and sangria out of the wine mixed with jungle juice. Beers are Tusker, Bud Light, Yuengling, and Heineken. CMs are more than happy to get drinks for you any time — we carried "to go" mimosas out to the bus stop this morning. The CMs are very strict about taking glassware out of the lounge, so all drinks need to be in plastic if taking them to the room.

Bus service has been good all except this morning, when the line to EPCOT was so long it would've taken 3 very full buses to accommodate. We ended up riding the AK bus over and catching a bus to EPCOT from there.

Turndown service has been spot-on. This is a change from BWI a few weeks ago where we only got it one night out of 4. Mousekeeping is great here too. The views from the CL rooms are lovely. We've seen tons of animals. All the CL rooms are on the 4th floor with the exception of 10 DVC timeshare condos on the 6th floor. Those units don't have good views according to the CMs and a DVC owner we met in the lounge. I think they're classified as standard view. All the 4th floor CL rooms have savanna views. I'm not sure why they decided to do this, but the entire 5th floor is DVC timeshare units as well. That used to be the CL floor originally, and now has no CL rooms on it. Kind of a shame they gave that floor away, tbh.

I second the comment from @Sparkyco - this update has me so excited for our AKL CL stay next week (6 days to go!)! I wouldn't have even thought about asking for a mimosa for the walk to the bus, but I sure will now! ;)

I know!!!:crazy2: I had some really nice peeps on the Universal thread break it down for me so I'm feeling much better. Now trying to talk my husband out of a 7:10am flight. I rather leave the night before.:rotfl2:

I have done it both ways, many times. When we have taken a late night flight (last flight or two of the day, say after 6pm) we have inevitably been delayed by two or more hours. I find it difficult getting into a resort at those late hours; just very uncomfortable all around. So now we take an earlier flight. Maybe not a 7am flight (hard to get out of the house so early with dogs) but anywhere from 9-11am. These flights are usually a bit more costly as well, and fill up quicker.

It also depends on which airport you go out of. We leave from EWR and it is always jammed.

A question for the experts....which Epcot area resort would you recommend for a one bedroom suite/cl....
Beach Club, Yacht Club or BWI? I have previously stayed at BW and BC in standard cl rooms but never a one bedroom.

Thanks!

Dani

I am by no means an expert and I can only partially address your question, so apologies in advance. I stayed one night in a BC 1-BR Suite last July, I don't have any experience with suites at YC or BWI.

It was only one night, but I thought the room, location, and CL lounge were all great. The room had been recently renovated. It was a decent size and very bright.

Not to bombard you with photos, but hopefully they give you a sense of the room. It takes a few angles to get everything in.

First thing you need to pay attention to is where the 1BR's are located. I was in 1647 (see red dot on map) which I thought was an ideal location. I'd be happy with this or any 1BR in the bank above it. The elevator up to the lounge was just a 20 second walk away. NOTE: There are other banks of 1BRs in various spots, some further away from the lounge. Look into this more over on the BC thread if important to you.
File Mar 02, 8 47 46 AM.jpeg

The room has 1 King Bed, 1 Pull-Out Queen Sleeper Sofa, and 1 couch that converts to a single bed (what you are looking at in this pic). For some reason the occupancy limit of this room is 4, could easily be 5 IMHO.
File Mar 02, 8 38 51 AM.jpeg

The Queen sleeper-sofa is there on the left.
File Mar 02, 8 41 47 AM.jpeg

Main BR area.
File Mar 02, 8 48 24 AM.jpeg

Queen sleeper-sofa pulled out.
File Mar 02, 8 45 46 AM.jpeg

Another angle.
File Mar 02, 8 48 41 AM.jpeg

File Mar 02, 8 43 20 AM.jpeg

File Mar 02, 8 46 14 AM.jpeg

Nice view from where this room was located.
File Mar 02, 8 42 24 AM.jpeg

But the balcony was pretty weak. Not much space here. Not sure what the upper floors are like?
File Mar 02, 8 49 34 AM.jpeg

I had the oddest experience calling DSS today. The CM was SO nervous! Poor fellow, all I wanted to do was put my credit card of file for dining reservations (I'm 250 days out now) and he was trying to "chat" with me about my upcoming trip but he just kept getting tongue tied. He told me to contact them again about 200 days out again with dining requests and that they can help reserve F&W festival seminars and events and the schedule usually comes out in Spring... Yeah, I don't think that's all quite right. I sincerely hope DSS can help with F&W seminars and events but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig on that, I'm still gonna call the day Disney Visa can book when that phone line opens so obscenely early PST! Don't F&W seminars and such come out in July before F&W kicks off? Spring seems way too early but my memory is fuzzy, I only did F&W once and it was a couple years ago.

All in all a pleasant if odd experience. I'm gonna stick with email for my future communications (nothing against the CM- it's just kinda hard to keep the trip a secret from the fam if I'm caught on the phone making ADRs!). Maybe my CM is new (therefore the nerves) and DSS is bringing on more personnel? He mentioned the 200 day mark so maybe that is when DSS aims to contact guests who haven't already contacted them (like what happened to @ErinsMommy ). I hope they start doing that more consistently than IPO did.

Can anyone tell me what the schedule and current menu is for the food and drinks at BWI CL? We want to take a afternoon breaks but I'm not sure when the menu changes over during the daytime? We will be there next week and I'd like to tentatively plan our days ahead of time.
TIA

4 days out from our split stay at POP/YC CL. And I'm still fine tuning reservations and debating again whether I want to switch resorts. But that YC pool and the thought of newly refurbished rooms keeps drawing me back in....

Also, just sent my first email to DSS. Will report back on my experience!

Thank you so much for your review! We will be there in 2 weeks, first time staying CL. Really looking forward to it, and so glad you are having a great time :)

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I second the comment from @Sparkyco - this update has me so excited for our AKL CL stay next week (6 days to go!)! I wouldn't have even thought about asking for a mimosa for the walk to the bus, but I sure will now! ;)

Have a great time :).

Can anyone tell me what the schedule and current menu is for the food and drinks at BWI CL? We want to take a afternoon breaks but I'm not sure when the menu changes over during the daytime? We will be there next week and I'd like to tentatively plan our days ahead of time.
TIA

I can't help with the offerings, but wanted to say I hope you enjoy your BWI CL stay :goodvibes.

4 days out from our split stay at POP/YC CL. And I'm still fine tuning reservations and debating again whether I want to switch resorts. But that YC pool and the thought of newly refurbished rooms keeps drawing me back in....

Also, just sent my first email to DSS. Will report back on my experience!

Good luck with the fine tuning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Yikes! Can you elaborate on what was so disappointing? It's comments like this that make me question having reserved Poly CL for 2018 and I forget all about the positive comments that have been posted lol!

Don't worry. I had the opposite feelings about our last two visits. We preferred Poly over CR. Sometimes things just don't go as perfectly as they could, but both are very nice resorts and I would stay at either one again.

TIA
Beer and wine upon request all cl's. When bc cl closed for an hour I just asked at the desk and they got it for me.

CR Atrium Club king rooms are request-only, and there are two of them as far as I know. Pretty difficult to score, but worth a request if it's definitely the #1 concern on your list.

@Ewoks thank you for the detailed information about the Tower Club! I do agree it sounds like that may be more appropriate for a couples getaway and likely not right for us this time around with DS2. It sounds great though!

Don't feel guilty at CR atrium club. Most I have met there have been great.

I take wine at evening apps in case I get back after 10p and I'm in the parks. If I don't need that night I drink the next day with lunch or snacks.
For you grab and take to room and enjoy the balcony while your little one sleeps .

I grab fruit or a cinnamon bun in the morning in case I get hungry later.

Your parents can visit your room so bring them up. If there is a snack or beverage in the room oh well they can help you.

You can take 2 beverages per person out of the lounge in case you didn't know.

Have fun and don't worry. The cms r there to help.

@trishadono it sounds like you know how to live on these trips!! I'm filing these tips away and appreciate the information. We do want to get as much use as we can out of the club, so I need to think a little more out of the box like this!!

I have nothing of any value to contribute other than to :sad: that I wish Disney offered some of these tours for younger kids! DS would be all over the train tour, but it's 10+. I'm sure there are good reasons - length, appropriate content, attention spans, etc - but booo.

Anyway, as soon as I can get down there on an adults only trip (yeah right...), I definitely want to do one of these some day! Let us know what you end up booking!

@GADisneyDad14, I couldn't agree more. I keep reading tour descriptions and get excited only to see the age restrictions that don't work with DS. Especially the train one - he would go crazy!!

Thank you so much for that detailed review!

We've been to GF CL last year, and have decided to go back CL at AKL. Strange that wine and beer is always in the kitchen, even for the “official” appetizers hours! I kind of liked the feeling of having a “bar” onstage, plus it is always nice to engage a little chat with the CM pouring the glasses.

Also, you mentioned glass could not be taken back to rooms, is this a recent change? I certainly remember pictures of Disboards members enjoying a glass of Mimosa in their room not so long ago! Did they tell you why they enforce this policy?

@Ewoks thank you for the detailed information about the Tower Club! I do agree it sounds like that may be more appropriate for a couples getaway and likely not right for us this time around with DS2. It sounds great though!

@trishadono it sounds like you know how to live on these trips!! I'm filing these tips away and appreciate the information. We do want to get as much use as we can out of the club, so I need to think a little more out of the box like this!!

@GADisneyDad14, I couldn't agree more. I keep reading tour descriptions and get excited only to see the age restrictions that don't work with DS. Especially the train one - he would go crazy!!
I think my day through and try to plan to get the best use of cl.

At poly I get lunch at cc's and bring my qs lunch to the lounge for that view. (I clean up)

I don't really eat much at breakfast and at Disney but I'm starving at bedtime cause dd and I do 8-10 miles a day or more. So I have learned to bring sandwich bags or those elastic plate/bowl toppers and put in the fridge.

Same with wine. Get back at 10;30 and lounge is closed, good thing I have a glass in the frig!

I grab cookies for the plane ride home too.

Cl is fun so enjoy!

That's good to know! What hour is it that BC CL closes? Is it between snacks and appetizers?
I think it was an hour in between services. Often 4-5p lounges dont have food out and or closed but I like to sip my wine while getting ready for 5pm apps and have never had a problem requesting then. Same thing with coffee, I just ask for it and they get it. Wl was awesome with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!