Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just may get a trip in this year! I was out with my friend and she thinks she wants to do a food and wine weekend!!! So excited. Not sure we will do cl, it came up casually over quite a few drinks last night Lol. Options in my mind are BWI, swan/dolphin, gran destino (which would definitely be cl) or disney springs for going out after food and wine. If we did gran Destino or disney springs we would uber to epcot. It would strictly be a food and wine trip. Riviera is out because I'm scared of the skyliner lol. I'm leaning towards BWI. I'm so excited I may really get a trip in!

Edited to add, if I did swan/dolphin/disney springs, do I actually need cash or a credit card to pay for stuff? Lol. If so, making BWI/gran destino look real good.

I don’t think you can charge to the room from S/D or Disney Springs hotels if that’s what you’re asking. You could always bring gift cards or buy them after arrival. They have those ones that you can wear on your wrist if that’s more convenient.

Hi I thought I’d share my thoughts on my recent stay at gran destino tower and the chronos Club. I stayed 4 nights from March 16-20. My favorite part of the chronos club was the staff, oh my goodness they were amazing. 10/10, stellar, they were always so helpful and always jumping at opportunities to make magic. Even without the sprinkling of pixie dust they gave us they were just absolutely fantastic at customer service. The best club level staff I have ever experienced and they make me want to stay there for every trip! The only slight negative is I wish there was more variety in the food options.

Thursday, Saturday, Monday
Breakfast:
avocado toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal and toppings, grapes, pineapples, hard boiled eggs, turkey, salami, mini chocolate chip and blueberry muffins, apricot oat bars, raspberry cream cheese bread, cinnamon bread, bagels & toast with toppings, cereals and milk, blueberry yogurt.
Mid-day snacks: Crudités and dip, Packaged chips, Trail mix, Cookies, Goldfish, Uncrustables, Kind bars, Oranges, Apples, and Candy
Appetizers: Heart of palm “crab cake”, Tuna toragashi, Cheeses and bread, Pan con tomate, Cous cous, Crudités and dips, Pasta with meat sauce

Friday & Sunday
Breakfast:
Bacon frittata, sausage, home fries with peppers & onions, oatmeal with toppings, ham, salami, grapes, blueberries, hard boiled eggs, bagels and toast with toppings, cereals, mini chocolate chip and lemon poppy muffins, orange blueberry scones, cinnamon bread, banana chocolate chip bread, and earl grey scones
Mid-day snacks: Crudités and dip, Packaged chips, Trail mix, Cookies, Goldfish, Uncrustables, Kind bars, Oranges, Apples, and Candy
Appetizers: steak with onions and tomatoes, grouper escabeche, Cheeses and bread, Pan con tomate, Cous cous, Crudités and dips, Pasta with meat sauce

I went to dessert a few nights they always had chocolate cupcakes and cookies and there were a few different options such as strawberry chocolate cake, brownies, s’mores tart, strawberry cardamom cake, and blueberry olive oil cake. I am not a big drinker I know the had beer and wine self service for appetizers. They had mimosas with orange juice or POG juice and bloody marys.

Hi everyone! Asking for some opinions on this thread as I am crunching some numbers, and have not stayed CL since pre-2020 :sad1:
For context this is my boyfriends first trip and it will be my birthday during the week (late august 2023)

Right now we have the dining card promo offer booked for a garden view room at YC. With the new offers out now, we could switch to CL for $139 less then what we are paying for the dining card package, but we would lose the dining card valued at $1050 for the week ($131 per day for both of us). Comparing the two base room prices, CL would be an upgrade of $911 for the week ($113 per day for both of us).

Would you rather have CL, or the flexibility to spend the money where ever you wanted for food? We know we want to enjoy food & wine and drink around the world, so imagine we would be spending in excess of the $1050 gift card anyways.

Just curious with peoples post 2020 thoughts are on CL and how much you value the CL experience per day!

Hi everyone! Asking for some opinions on this thread as I am crunching some numbers, and have not stayed CL since pre-2020 :sad1:
For context this is my boyfriends first trip and it will be my birthday during the week (late august 2023)

Right now we have the dining card promo offer booked for a garden view room at YC. With the new offers out now, we could switch to CL for $139 less then what we are paying for the dining card package, but we would lose the dining card valued at $1050 for the week ($131 per day for both of us). Comparing the two base room prices, CL would be an upgrade of $911 for the week ($113 per day for both of us).

Would you rather have CL, or the flexibility to spend the money where ever you wanted for food? We know we want to enjoy food & wine and drink around the world, so imagine we would be spending in excess of the $1050 gift card anyways.

Just curious with peoples post 2020 thoughts are on CL and how much you value the CL experience per day!
I’m sure you’ll get lots of answers for varying reasons. That being said, we almost exclusively stay CL, BUT we are not park commandos. We are seasoned and regular park goers who take a relaxed approach and take advantage of the amenities of CL. If that is your plan, then maybe the switch to CL is right for you. If you believe you will be rope dropping (ie missing breakfast most mornings) so your bf can maximize his ride times and take advantage of lower lines or staying late and missing most evening apps and desserts, or even simply spending long days in the parks enjoying the food, then I’d consider CL to be a waste. When I travel with others and can’t control my own time as well, I do not choose to stay CL because I don’t see the value in it - value being subjective, of course; it’s still quite expensive for what is received, but hey, it’s Disney, it’s not unexpected, and we love it. I don’t think you’ll regret CL if you do chose it, but you might enjoy chosing where you’d like to spend that $1000 on food more - way more variety outside the club room.

I’m sure you’ll get lots of answers for varying reasons. That being said, we almost exclusively stay CL, BUT we are not park commandos. We are seasoned and regular park goers who take a relaxed approach and take advantage of the amenities of CL. If that is your plan, then maybe the switch to CL is right for you. If you believe you will be rope dropping (ie missing breakfast most mornings) so your bf can maximize his ride times and take advantage of lower lines or staying late and missing most evening apps and desserts, or even simply spending long days in the parks enjoying the food, then I’d consider CL to be a waste. When I travel with others and can’t control my own time as well, I do not choose to stay CL because I don’t see the value in it - value being subjective, of course; it’s still quite expensive for what is received, but hey, it’s Disney, it’s not unexpected, and we love it. I don’t think you’ll regret CL if you do chose it, but you might enjoy chosing where you’d like to spend that $1000 on food more - way more variety outside the club room.
This is all super helpful information to hear! Thanks so much, and yes I totally agree going CL requires a more “relaxed pace” which is actually what I’m trying to get myself to do on this trip. I grew up in a “don’t waste a minute outside of the parks”, but this trip is the longest I’ve ever been on (8 days while my family usually did 3 days trips). I think it would be great to be able to come back to the resort a few times a day to enjoy the perks. Lots to consider!

My initial response is 100% yes, go with club because of the great discount but really it all depends on how much you plan on using the amenities of club. For my family, we love having breakfast each morning at club, we'll alternate every other night eating club level for dinner or having a sit down table service meal at one of our "must do" restaurants. My husband and I are also wine drinkers so having that with club level is also a big plus along with the snacks, waters, sodas etc. Prior to covid we always did club level and then during covid stayed non club about 4 times because it wasn't opened yet and each time I tracked how much we spent. Now that club level has returned, each time we've gone, I feel like the cost works out to be the same. However, you have the dining card so that makes it a bit different but then there's the service. I can't say enough how much we felt the difference between not staying club and staying club and most of it was because of the difference in service. Especially since this is your boyfriends first trip and your birthday trip it would really add to those celebrations. As a side note, my husbands first time going to Disney was on our honeymoon where we stayed club level at the Sugar Loaf at Grand Floridian and he was hooked. It really is like an escape from everything and for us, makes us feel like we are having 2 vacations in 1. We also don't do full days in the parks and never have. We always go back to the resort, usually early afternoon to go to the pool and relax and enjoy just being there so that's something to consider as well. To make club level "worth it" you kind of have to work it into the trip to utilize it but we absolutely love it!

The return on a CL room may never provide the monetary worth for you two, but there are other factors. I think the best approach depends on your BF and the way you anticipate the trip going. My DH is not a park commando ir a Disney guy, and staying CL (and he loves YC for access to Epcot/DHS) helps ensure he’s happy and will come back to WDW with me. He likes having easy, no-competition access to coffee and breakfast first thing in the am, and apps later in the day, an exclusive place to relax. If you think your BF will go nuts in the parks, it will not provide the value that the card would., but if not, you may find that the trip is a more enjoyable vacation for you both.

That said, what a special way to experience his first visit! With the caveat that you’ll be ruining him for the future.

Agree with @SkyGuy. We’re APs who have been going to WDW for 30 years, staying CL for over 20. It is a splurge & doesn’t equate dollar for dollar to what we save vs spend. We eat at signature restaurants most days so only have apps a few times. For us, we use CL for breakfast in the lounge, easy afternoon snacks, knowing the general location our room will be & that we can have light food in the evening if we want without having to go looking for something when we’re tired & just want to hang out in the room. Especially during busy times, it feels like an escape from the chaos.

CL would be a great choice if you’re planning on lots of resort time. But how will you feel about losing that $1K gift card? Will it irritate you every time you have to pay for food? If you decide to book CL, will you be able to just forget that gift card you gave up or will you be thinking about how much you’re spending you wouldn’t be if you had it?

Are you planning on making the resort guest early entry many mornings? Breakfast doesn’t start til 7 in the lounge, so you’ll have to choose one or the other. If you skip breakfast but plan to be at the resort most evenings for apps, drinks & dessert, it can help make up for the lost gift card. Hard decision to make.

Last edited:
This is all super helpful information to hear! Thanks so much, and yes I totally agree going CL requires a more “relaxed pace” which is actually what I’m trying to get myself to do on this trip. I grew up in a “don’t waste a minute outside of the parks”, but this trip is the longest I’ve ever been on (8 days while my family usually did 3 days trips). I think it would be great to be able to come back to the resort a few times a day to enjoy the perks. Lots to consider!
8 days at CL will see a lot of the same foods as they’re generally on a 3-day rotation - just an fyi for you.

So many things to consider! Other posters have already said what I would have. Just adding a few more things..

First the dining card, does it include alcohol? I know when dd and I go we get 2 glasses of wine each with adds about $60-$100 to the bill. That adds up fast!

Time savings is one of the cl perks..... coming back midday and grabbing a water, coffee, beer etc vs going to a store is handy!

As mentioned you will see a lot of the same offerings but sometimes we just have a glass of wine and a little snack and then grab qs or an occasions TS in addition TO cl. We have been known to grab qs and bring up to the lounge and mix it up that way and yet prices still reasonable. Water, soft drinks etc are $$$ in the shops!

I usually grab fruit or other snacks and keep with me during the day and for late night when I realize I am starving and its 11pm. Keeping stuff in your room is a nice perk. Just grab what you like during the day and save. I love the breakfast pastries later in the day especially!

You can't go wrong with either option. 8 days??? I am jealous!

With the new summer discount coming out, we upgraded our stay at Wilderness Lodge July 26-28 to club level!!! Soooo excited- first time staying at WL and first time ever staying CL at WDW!!! :banana:

We will be in the World July 26- August 1. July 26-28 will just be my mom, sister, and me. Then, July 28- August 1, we are transferring over to BCV in a 2-bedroom villa with 5 other ladies to celebrate my bachelorette party (also my 29th birthday on July 30th)!! It will be an epic celebration for sure! :)

Last edited:
Hi, everything depends on your personal situation, financial, touring style, desire to eat at as many disney restaurants (especially character meals) as you can, etc. we always stay CL even though we rarely have dinner there; as for brekkie many 2-3 CL over 8 days, and maybe an uncrustable once or twice for lunch; also, based on any disability issues, i.e., over the last 6 or so trips, after a day in the park, i couldn't move and was in severe pain for 1 to 3 days and had to skip all park and resort meals; we always stay deluxe CL rooms and wind up as close to the CL lounge as possible; in those cases, DW serves me in bed B,L and D; of course my choice is eating around the resort both in parks and resort hotels, signature dining and character meals; as for touring, we always did commando touring, 10-12 hrs in parks, but of course those days are gone and we now moved to lazy b*tt touring; after 40 or so trips plus a disney wedding at the Grand for DD in 2018, we really haven't missed anything and for me the minute we walk through MCO i am in magic mode so just being at WDW turns me into an 8 year old with a continuous cheshire cat grin on my face; whatever you chose you can't go wrong but if you can afford it CL is the only way;

BWI doesn’t have pool cabanas, right? Is there any benefit to being club level if spending day at the pool? Can I bring a beverage or snacks down there, maybe?

BWI doesn’t have pool cabanas, right? Is there any benefit to being club level if spending day at the pool? Can I bring a beverage or snacks down there, maybe?
No pool cabanas at BWI. Yes, you could take items down to the pool, but the feature pool is quite a long walk from CL, so you probably wouldn’t want to be depending on just that or you’ll be spending more time walking back and forth than enjoying the pool. The quiet pool is a shorter trek, though. CL has breakfast from 7am-10am, snacks (mostly prepackaged, grab and go type items, but there are some fruits and crudités) from 11-4, the apps from 5-7, and desserts from 8-10. I would think most of your pool time would be overlapping the snack selection, which means you wouldn’t be missing all that much.

With the caveat that I haven’t stayed at CL yet (next week!), under these facts I’d pick the dining card. If your bf hasn’t been to WDW, then I assume you’ll definitely have a lot of park time. If you’re traveling sans kids, which it sounds like you are, you’ll also have a ton of flexibility in terms of any breaks you take, snack and food stops and options, etc. While I’m sure young childless adults enjoy club level, especially on their nth trip to Disney, for me at least the main appeal is having a steady stream of snacks for whiny kids and having some easy and fast options for them when we get back in the evenings, bc they can’t stay until park close and will generally require a lot more breaks.
Hope you have a great trip!

Hi there,
My mom and I arrived at CR Tower club yesterday. It is so quiet compared to BC and YC and the food is excellent. I feel like photos have been posted recently so I won’t be redundant. But let me know if you have questions. We are in room 4905, so two queens with a lake view. We got a welcome call two days before our arrival. We were the only ones in the lounge for snacks around 1 pm and the only ones eating appetizers at 6 pm. The service is great so far. We do have friends staying at the Poly and were told they could come to visit our room but that they could not partake in the food.

With the new summer discount coming out, we upgraded our stay at Wilderness Lodge July 26-28 to club level!!! Soooo excited- first time staying at WL and first time ever staying CL at WDW!!! :banana:

We will be in the World July 26- August 1. July 26-28 will just be my mom, sister, and me. Then, July 28- August 1, we are transferring over to BCV in a 2-bedroom villa with 5 other ladies to celebrate my bachelorette party (also my 29th birthday on July 30th)!! It will be an epic celebration for sure! :)
Sounds awesome! Dd is having her Bach and then a few days with me to unwind after,

Enjoy this friends and family trip! Those are both awesome places to stay too!

Hi there,
My mom and I arrived at CR Tower club yesterday. It is so quiet compared to BC and YC and the food is excellent. I feel like photos have been posted recently so I won’t be redundant. But let me know if you have questions. We are in room 4905, so two queens with a lake view. We got a welcome call two days before our arrival. We were the only ones in the lounge for snacks around 1 pm and the only ones eating appetizers at 6 pm. The service is great so far. We do have friends staying at the Poly and were told they could come to visit our room but that they could not partake in the food.
Have a great time. I’d be curious to hear if the midday offerings have expanded beyond packaged chips at all. I know trishadono had homemade chips the other week.
Also, how does the pool renovation look like it’s going?

With the caveat that I haven’t stayed at CL yet (next week!), under these facts I’d pick the dining card. If your bf hasn’t been to WDW, then I assume you’ll definitely have a lot of park time. If you’re traveling sans kids, which it sounds like you are, you’ll also have a ton of flexibility in terms of any breaks you take, snack and food stops and options, etc. While I’m sure young childless adults enjoy club level, especially on their nth trip to Disney, for me at least the main appeal is having a steady stream of snacks for whiny kids and having some easy and fast options for them when we get back in the evenings, bc they can’t stay until park close and will generally require a lot more breaks.
Hope you have a great trip!
😂 old childless adults enjoy CL, too! 😂

Hi there,
Ohhhhh…. Enjoy! I’ll be there in 30 days and can’t wait:). How is your room? I’ll take any updates on food, lounge crowd level as the weekend approaches, and the pool, if you are inclined. Always a tall order when at Disney, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter