Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Checking in to CL for the first time I’m not sure what is the protocol on tipping? Who should I tip who should I not tip?

The topic comes up from time to time around these parts. Never sure if I’m just a cheap jerk or what, but here’s my opinion. CL CMs aren’t tipped positions and are supposed to refuse, anything they are given has to be turned in, etc…or so I’ve been told (from what I understand that’s a pretty serious policy, but obviously no expert on this). I’ve read of people who tip (and have myself one time) but I really don’t think it’s common or expected at all. Unless I’m just totally naive and/or blind, it’s just not how Disney CL works.

I do however make a point to keep tabs of names and send a note to Guest Services or via other means to show appreciation/thanks where warranted. I usually keep a running Notes page on my phone just to help me with names/situations since I’m likely to forget.

I do tip bell services, bartenders, and housekeepers with cash.

Just my $0.02… YMMV! :-)

Checking in to CL for the first time I’m not sure what is the protocol on tipping? Who should I tip who should I not tip?
It is my understanding that the CL Cast Members are not allowed to accept tips (Except Mousekeeping, which I always tip generously). They will only accept (this was pre covid rules) if you insist 3 times. When accepted it does not go to the individual CM but to a general fund for donuts, etc. We have brought gifts in the past that relate to where we live, and have passed those out all over, not just the CL CMs, but any CM that we actually talk to. Please @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you!

Sorry @GADisneyDad14 , I somehow missed your above post!

It is my understanding that the CL Cast Members are not allowed to accept tips (Except Mousekeeping, which I always tip generously). They will only accept (this was pre covid rules) if you insist 3 times. When accepted it does not go to the individual CM but to a general fund for donuts, etc. We have brought gifts in the past that relate to where we live, and have passed those out all over, not just the CL CMs, but any CM that we actually talk to. Please @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you!

Sorry @GADisneyDad14 , I somehow missed your above post!

Well, the one time I did tip a CL CM I’m 99% certain it never left their pocket. 😎

But yeah, I recently did the ‘offer 3 times’ dance with a Typhoon Lagoon cabana attendant. I know their compensation (in theory) reflects an un-tipped position, but for some reason Disney’s water park cabana attendants aren’t tipped positions, which to me is absurd. I tip the person making the drink but not the one walking all over the park bringing us food/drink a dozen times for 6 hours in FL heat? Yeah, that doesn’t work in my book no matter what their comp is or the rules say, so I always keep pushing (nicely) as well as send a note to guest services. I figure even if the money is turned in hopefully I’ve at least done something positive with the money and/or cast compliment that benefits the CM. At least that’s what I HOPE happens.

Sorry, a little OT for this thread… water park cabana attendant tipping is one of my random/probably doesn’t make a lot of sense Disney hills to die on topics.

Does anyone know if Kilimanjaro Club at AKL has mini bottles of water?
I remember pre-Covid that the RPC at the Grand had little bottles of Disani in the lounge.
Thanks!

Don’t forget when you are booking your CL room reservation for this fall to get your MNSSHP tickets. For resort guests they are on sale NOW. Non resort guests are 5/18.

There is an AP discount , make sure to log in before purchasing to see the button.

Last edited:
we tip bell services on way in and out, sometimes twice because not same cm who takes and stores bags and the cm who brings bags to room; we valet so always tip $2 in and $2 out at each resort each time we use the car; as far as CL CMs, they wont except cash so we load up on boxes of chocolates(they dont have the big boxes anymore anywhere) and cookies and coconut patties from DS and give them out to both the desk CMs and the lounge CMs on last day; even though they work there and can get all of that themselves they really appreciate the thought; this trip we even bought some gifts for Lene's daughter;

I'm always confused with the tip procedure in the CL's. I always tip Mousekeeping but wasn't always sure about the CM's in the CL. Well, my last trip a few months ago, after a morning mimosa one of the CM's mentioned that I could have a Tito's and Cranberry if I want. Well, I didn't know they had liquor also back there, so yes please, and she brought a round to the table. When we were ready to head out, I left a $10 bill under the glass. Trust me, she scooped it up quickly and said thank you. No three times a charm there. lol! That's when I noticed the "envelope" at the front desk area. If you wanted to tip, it went into the envelope. I'm guessing to split later? Anyway, I'm a CL CM tipper from now on! :-)

Question about Sunday Brunch-ish at BWI CL - I saw someone said it starts at 7am... does anyone know when it ends?

Just checked in at YC CL. Concierges have been super helpful - getting us in our room quickly (but still after 3), fixing bands, finding a missing package, offering us drinks and food in the lounge, picking up the dishes....fabulous so far! Here is our view and current toiletries lol20220513_154339.jpg20220513_154407.jpg

I can't seem to pull the plug on rack rate. Definitely going and doing the Halloween party. I booked YC non cl but am debating Coronado tower CL instead. Definitely doing cl my universal portion which will be after disney. I have to do it that way because of express passes. Pros and cons of each? I like yc because of walkability to epcot and extra evening epcot. Hhhmm. Decisions.

Edited to add, maybe if air comes down I will be ok paying rack for yc cl.

Just checked in at YC CL. Concierges have been super helpful - getting us in our room quickly (but still after 3), fixing bands, finding a missing package, offering us drinks and food in the lounge, picking up the dishes....fabulous so far! Here is our view and current toiletries lolView attachment 668950View attachment 668951
Is that room view the “garden view” category? I just booked this for our September trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter