Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We visited the bar on September 30th. There was a scaled back lounge menu-no prix fixe. We enjoyed ice wine martinis and California roll.

Looking for anyone that's been (at CA Grill Lounge) after the new menu debuted on Oct 3rd....that's when she heard the changes were made...

I understand about getting cast discounts. I am retired and it is so hard. I have the BWI booked for February. It is our 50th anniversary and I was hoping for a discount, only rooms available were the cottages. We have stayed in them before and my husband was not happy with them. He is going through cancer treatments now and just didn’t want to stay outside again. We are paying rack rate to stay inside. We are club level, but since it is our anniversary we don’t mind. Now, we are going in March with my son and his family for my granddaughters cheer competition and I got 2 deluxe rooms at 50% off and I also got 50% off for December for my birthday. I love the Boardwalk so much

Congrats on your 50th anniversary!!!

We have had such a struggle booking with the CM discount. We also discovered that if you call the cast line they have discounted rooms available that aren’t visible online. But I really really dislike booking over the phone and getting the CM to try all different dates and resorts. I much prefer to do it myself online.

We also love BWI…the food is really great. And, with your DH’s situation I totally understand why you opted to stay on the CL floor rather than the cottages.

And, for your March trip, the deluxe rooms are a great get for 50% off!

If you got the CR Tower CL at a CM discount I wouldn't give it up. The Tower level of the CR is our favorite CL hands down. The service and the food when we went was wonderful. Plus we loved the room. The BWI cottages do not excite us since they are so far from the lounge. Although the BWI CL is our other favorite lounge. Our DD is a CM and also is having issues getting good discounts - so I would not give that up.

Let us know what you choose.

Thank you for the great feedback on the Tower Club. My DH and I were so excited when we saw it pop up with a CM discount! Did you stay in a king room when you were there?

Tell your DD to call the cast line when searching for discounts. We learned that they can see additional room discounts that we can’t see online. It’s cumbersome for sure! I did call the tech line and asked why all the options weren’t viewable online and they said it shouldn’t be that way and they’d look into it. That was a few weeks ago and so far no change. Our discount at Tower Club is 25% which is low compared to other cast discounts we’ve gotten in the past.

Congrats on your 50th anniversary!!!

We have had such a struggle booking with the CM discount. We also discovered that if you call the cast line they have discounted rooms available that aren’t visible online. But I really really dislike booking over the phone and getting the CM to try all different dates and resorts. I much prefer to do it myself online.

We also love BWI…the food is really great. And, with your DH’s situation I totally understand why you opted to stay on the CL floor rather than the cottages.

And, for your March trip, the deluxe rooms are a great get for 50% off!
I wish I could book online! Being retired I have no HUB access and it really stinks having to call. The CMs are great though.

Wow, this is a hard one for sure. They both are great choices. Just a note for you, in February your dates will overlap with the princess rundisney event. This event is not new, it does draw a lot of people. Roads will be shut down in the mornings of the 26th EP area) and 27th (MK, EP area) so it might be a bit cumbersome getting places. You will have a great view on the 27th of the course since it goes in front of the contemporary, its a fun atmosphere and good to people watch. There shouldn't be any noise disturbances, maybe some early (5am) fireworks. You seem more excited about CR tower but like your April dates better, I would want to celebrate my bday too.

Thank you so much for the details on the Princess RunDisney. That helps me understand how it will affect our trip.

I got my dates all bungled when I was typing things out in my post. We were initially looking at another date range that overlapped a new RunDisney event but you are right…the one we booked overlaps Princess and not the new event.

You should see my calendar…it’s a mess with my DH’s work schedule and shuttling both kids back and forth to college for spring breaks, etc. We were trying so hard to book trips that coincided with picking my son up from his southern school!

Plus, I’m entirely unfamiliar with the RunDisney events. The only running I do in Disney is to the CL for coffee and a waffle. I’ve got a record-breaking time for that though!

You have the tables against the wall as usual. They also took away the CM desk and have an 8 person table in that spot. In our room we also have a small table and 2 chairs, which our room as always had (but our room has a max occupancy of 2). Tower tends not to see nearly as many large family groups, so they don’t need nearly as much lounge seating. Most of the rooms are suites, so several rooms have dining room tables.

I don’t like that they took away the CM desk right outside the elevator, which they did on atrium as well. They have no dedicated space. Their idea of making them mobile is fine, but charging mobile devices is still an issue. It also doesn’t give guests and CMs a place to sit when they are having to look into something.
Were you staying in one of the King rooms? Any chance you have any pics of the room?

Lol, it’s just more fun. Get to talk to CMs and usually fellow guests if people want to be chatty. Some people get their WDW scoop from bus drivers. For me, I go to the bartenders. 😂
I'm with ya. I really missed going to the lounges on my last trips without dh. Though on our universal part, I did sit at the pool bar one afternoon while everyone napped. The bartender grew up a mile from my house and her cousin works with dh. Small world. She actually prefers Disney to universal and is a season pass holder 🤣 even the dark side employees prefer Disney. We did park our butts in Simpson Land and enjoyed a Duff's beer.

You didn't mention this but just curious, whats the price difference ? That may not be a factor but if CL isn't too much more its nice for a resort day. It does get cold here in January (sometimes) so it will be nice have everything indoors and a place to relax, get a drink or snack. If you were going when it is guaranteed to be warmer then Poly might be a better choice. Plus being at EP, it will probably be easier to get him from BWI vs poly.
BWI standard CL room is $170 more than Poly for one night, and deluxe CL is $325 more.

TY for the replies and thoughts--I think I'm going to go with BWI standard CL for now and then if Poly CL reopens we'll try that instead!

So we were able to book a 'voyage' on the Galactic Starcruiser in March which created another dilemma: where to say for the rest of the week after it. We had a reservation for our upcoming week in November at the Polynesian which since CL and discounts never materialized, we booked with DVC points instead. So I figured I would just modify that reservation and move it to March, but all of the dates weren't available. We ended up booking two nights at Contemporary CL, then two nights at Polynesian, hoping for CL there to come available by then and also hoping for discounts that might cover both. We have really wanted to try the new rooms at both. I know it's a triple split stay, and we'll see if we want to stick with that plan, who knows what might happen and we may change it again.

Oh, and today we are going to figure out the pre-trip - going to Ft Myers for Red Sox pre-training (wife is the fan, not me) before the Galactic Starcruiser.

And then the other dilemma is what to do with the week we booked at WL CL in early February. That was supposed to be the spring training trip until the Galactic Starcruiser came up. I think I will leave that there for now. I think we are nuts.

So we were able to book a 'voyage' on the Galactic Starcruiser in March which created another dilemma: where to say for the rest of the week after it. We had a reservation for our upcoming week in November at the Polynesian which since CL and discounts never materialized, we booked with DVC points instead. So I figured I would just modify that reservation and move it to March, but all of the dates weren't available. We ended up booking two nights at Contemporary CL, then two nights at Polynesian, hoping for CL there to come available by then and also hoping for discounts that might cover both. We have really wanted to try the new rooms at both. I know it's a triple split stay, and we'll see if we want to stick with that plan, who knows what might happen and we may change it again.

Oh, and today we are going to figure out the pre-trip - going to Ft Myers for Red Sox pre-training (wife is the fan, not me) before the Galactic Starcruiser.

And then the other dilemma is what to do with the week we booked at WL CL in early February. That was supposed to be the spring training trip until the Galactic Starcruiser came up. I think I will leave that there for now. I think we are nuts.
Sounds like great trips, minus the Sox. 😉 I've only been to 1 spring training but it was amazing. It was early in Jeter's career and he was chatting up the fans. He tossed a ball to the stands and I caught it. He came over and signed it for me. It's my pride and joy, I love that ball lol. Spring training was so much fun.

Sounds like great trips, minus the Sox. 😉 I've only been to 1 spring training but it was amazing. It was early in Jeter's career and he was chatting up the fans. He tossed a ball to the stands and I caught it. He came over and signed it for me. It's my pride and joy, I love that ball lol. Spring training was so much fun.
I have only done the spring training trip with her once, it was right before the pandemic shut down in March, 2020. We combined it with Disney, of course. The games were fun, and we went early to watch batting practice, walking around the stadium, ended up on a deck past the outfield. The one player starting hitting line drives right to where we were and of course I wanted to catch a ball for my wife, which I did with my bare hand, splitting it open. So along with the ball, we got a tour of the medical room. And after the game needed to track down an urgent care to get my hand glued to close it up. I have been instructed to bring a baseball glove next time….
Just to clarify, it wasn’t that bad, just the webbing between the thumb and finger, and was mostly healed up in a few days. They used a lot of bandage there.

Last edited:
We just got back from Vegas... They are VERY strict about the masking policy indoors, no matter what kind of conference. I actually felt safer there and on my flight than in a lot of places!
Very bad influences, all of you. I may have just snagged an extra day “just in case.”

I was supposed to be getting inducted into an honor society early during the week of my visit, but it’s at a conference in Vegas. I’m really not comfortable attending an indoor gala in a windowless room with a bunch of people drinking and hugging, though. And I don’t want to ruin that night by being all stressed. I’m ironically far more comfortable at Disney, where I can remove myself from uncomfortable situations and remain mostly outdoors.
S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter