Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have an ADR for Cali Grill on the 16th of this month and I have been asking around to see how the new menu is. So far I have heard very little back from anyone.

VERY little out there.

I did text a bit with my friend (she is still at Disney - her Bachelorette Party - and said it was just OFF. The food was just OK, the portions were off, and though she was with her 4 bridesmaids, none of them could finish the food... however, the service was stellar.

She also added that they seemed to be working out the kinks....

Last edited:

Pretty sure this has been the case since reopening - they’ve been using that old middle lounge space for real tables and from what I’ve seen (or at least what I think I’ve seen) they haven’t gone back to using that as lounge seating.
CFC3E6CB-BDB5-455E-A5AD-4444363EC1AF.jpeg
That is indeed what you saw because this was from our dinner October 1st and it shows the area that used to be the lounge that is now regular tables. Obviously, I can’t comment on the new menu since it hadn’t started yet, but I hope it doesn’t stay like that because I’m not sure we’d go back??

Just got a call from DSS for my GDT CL stay in a couple months! Just the typical ‘we’re here if you need us’ call. I had asked if she had any info on the lounge (specifically if food/drink offerings would be similar to pre-Covid), and she said she felt confident they would be, based on the open lounges so far. Unfortunately, no specific information as of yet. I’m excited :goodvibes

I’ll be there in three months! I haven’t received the call yet but was thinking of giving them a call since the other numbers I’ve tried have 2 hour waits each time I call.

Would DSS be able to add a night to my CL res? Although I don’t even see availability online anymore. Did everyone finally realize the great value of GDT CL?!

I’ll be there in three months! I haven’t received the call yet but was thinking of giving them a call since the other numbers I’ve tried have 2 hour waits each time I call.

Would DSS be able to add a night to my CL res? Although I don’t even see availability online anymore. Did everyone finally realize the great value of GDT CL?!
I was supposed to stay GDT last year but didn't go. My only hesitation with it now is that it doesn't get evening magic hours.

Happy Friday everyone!

I would like your opinion :)

My DH is a non-Florida CM and we are super-frequent visitors to WDW. But, we haven't been since pre-covid.

He made two reservations for next spring and we are toying with the idea of visiting twice. The only thing that keeps nagging at me is that we will be chewing through a lot of our vacation days so early in the year. We are new empty-nesters (kids at college) and these will be trips with just my DH and me! If we only kept one of these reservations, which one would you keep:

Reservation #1: Feb 26 - March 4, Contemporary Tower CL, King room
* Within walking distance to MK for the 50th
* Quieter club lounge - good for covid
* Theme Park & Fireworks view from our room...plus those sunsets!
* A new experience - we haven't stayed at Contemporary before
* We will only catch one day of Flower & Garden (which I love) depending on when it starts.
* First weekend overlaps with a new RunDisney event so may affect crowds?
* We have *never* before seen a CM discount for the Tower Club so hesitant to give it up
* Lower discount than we got for reservation #2

Reservation #2: April 21 - April 27, Boardwalk Inn CL, Cottage Suite
* Walking distance to Epcot during Flower & Garden
* Superior CL food - we've stayed BWI CL before and know we like it
* Overlaps with MY (gulp) 50th birthday!
* A new experience - we've never tried the Cottage Suites before - nice tubs too!
* No fireworks view
* First few days may have remnants of the Easter crowd; also cheerleading event during the weekend
* BWI Cottage Suites have frequent CM discounts
* Larger discount on the room than reservation #1

We choose these particular rooms because they are ones we can't stay in when we have the kids with us. I keep flip flopping back and forth over which one I'd choose if we don't do both!

Thanks!

Happy Friday everyone!

My DH is a non-Florida CM and we are super-frequent visitors to WDW. But, we haven't been since pre-covid.

He made two reservations for next spring and we are toying with the idea of visiting twice. The only thing that keeps nagging at me is that we will be chewing through a lot of our vacation days so early in the year. We are new empty-nesters (kids at college) and these will be trips with just my DH and me! If we only kept one of these reservations, which one would you keep:

* We will only catch one day of Flower & Garden (which I love) depending on when it starts.

* A new experience - we've never tried the Cottage Suites before - nice tubs too!
* No fireworks view
* First few days may have remnants of the Easter crowd; also cheerleading event during the weekend

We choose these particular rooms because they are ones we can't stay in when we have the kids with us. I keep flip flopping back and forth over which one I'd choose if we don't do both!

Thanks!

Why not consider combining both resorts and do a split stay so you get the best of both worlds in one stay?! That’s what I’d do. Good luck deciding!

Why not consider combining both resorts and do a split stay so you get the best of both worlds in one stay?! That’s what I’d do. Good luck deciding!

That was our initial plan but it just didn't work out. CM discounts are so hard to get these days and we just couldn't piece it together with our dates.

Plus, I'd probably want to do a longer stay if we were doing a split stay. Both of these trips are combined with picking my son up from college who is 10 hours away from us. We've got a few extra days built in for picking him so we just couldn't extend the trips any longer because of my DH's work.

Happy Friday everyone!

* We have *never* before seen a CM discount for the Tower Club so hesitant to give it up

* No fireworks view

Thanks!
I understand about getting cast discounts. I am retired and it is so hard. I have the BWI booked for February. It is our 50th anniversary and I was hoping for a discount, only rooms available were the cottages. We have stayed in them before and my husband was not happy with them. He is going through cancer treatments now and just didn’t want to stay outside again. We are paying rack rate to stay inside. We are club level, but since it is our anniversary we don’t mind. Now, we are going in March with my son and his family for my granddaughters cheer competition and I got 2 deluxe rooms at 50% off and I also got 50% off for December for my birthday. I love the Boardwalk so much

Happy Friday everyone!

* No fireworks view

Thanks!

If you got the CR Tower CL at a CM discount I wouldn't give it up. The Tower level of the CR is our favorite CL hands down. The service and the food when we went was wonderful. Plus we loved the room. The BWI cottages do not excite us since they are so far from the lounge. Although the BWI CL is our other favorite lounge. Our DD is a CM and also is having issues getting good discounts - so I would not give that up.

Let us know what you choose.

Happy Friday everyone!

* No fireworks view

Thanks!

Wow, this is a hard one for sure. They both are great choices. Just a note for you, in February your dates will overlap with the princess rundisney event. This event is not new, it does draw a lot of people. Roads will be shut down in the mornings of the 26th EP area) and 27th (MK, EP area) so it might be a bit cumbersome getting places. You will have a great view on the 27th of the course since it goes in front of the contemporary, its a fun atmosphere and good to people watch. There shouldn't be any noise disturbances, maybe some early (5am) fireworks. You seem more excited about CR tower but like your April dates better, I would want to celebrate my bday too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter