• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Maybe both!? :-)

I don’t like to speak ill of popular places, but we all have opinions I guess. It’s more my personal breakfast preferences - give me some CL hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, and maybe some fruit/yogurt and I’m perfectly happy so I don’t really love the offerings at places like Ohana.

But my kids do, so that works for me! 🤣

ah ok, I understand the logic. We had reservations for breakfast at Boma, but cancelled since we could get breakfast in Club Level lounge. We are not normally big breakfast eaters anyway, so oatmeal, fruit, and a few pastries is good enough.

So on our upcoming trip in November, we are at the Polynesian for a few days, no club level (unless that changes), so 'Ohana may be nice for a breakfast.

But we also make all kinds of meal reservations and then change/cancel most while we are there as plans change. Plus we may have my youngest son (21 years) with us, so bigger meals would be an option. He is the king of Boma.

I am wanting to book a resort only trip….just a couple of days…2-3 nights, but I want CL and I want the Grand Floridian gingerbread house done and open…..any idea of the best date to ensure that? AKL CL is our favorite, but I am struggling to find availability, and without knowing the usual time that the gingerbread house opens, I am not sure what to do

I don’t like to speak ill of popular places, but we all have opinions I guess. It’s more my personal breakfast preferences - give me some CL hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, and maybe some fruit/yogurt and I’m perfectly happy so I don’t really love the offerings at places like Ohana.
In the past, CL has done breakfast well. Long may it continue. I have also had mimosas with my CL breakfast and that is a nice start before waiting on long ride lines at MK. pixiedust:

Plus we all love the coffee machine. When we don't stay CL my one son complains about no coffee machine. He likes it more than the wine and apps.

I am wanting to book a resort only trip….just a couple of days…2-3 nights, but I want CL and I want the Grand Floridian gingerbread house done and open…..any idea of the best date to ensure that? AKL CL is our favorite, but I am struggling to find availability, and without knowing the usual time that the gingerbread house opens, I am not sure what to do

I know all of the resorts are done by Thanksgiving morning. I think they usually start the gingerbread house about a week before Thanksgiving, then it depends on the resort rotation when the resort will actually be decorated. It's quite a sight to see it empty one night then the next morning, bam...Christmas

I thought YC had the best dinner offerings, and used large plates for serving. CR had the smallest-portioned items, but a better wine selection. A CR CM told me that they usually like to have one 'better' selection available and that rotates. One weird thing at YC: lounges always have cheese at breakfast but YC had goat cheese every morning. Just odd for a breakfast item.

We typically get a regular room if we plan a lot of dinner ADRs as we wouldn't take advantage of the lounge. It can be a scheduling hassle as well, if you want to be at the parks in the evenings. Breakfast is convenient but not enough of a draw to pay $150-200/night extra.
That’s exactly how I’m kind of leaning right now re: scheduling, etc.

I know you have this posted somewhere @GADisneyDad14 but what is the next CL to open? Is anyone going opening day to any other CLs opening soon?

September 16, 2021Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
September 23, 2021Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
September 26, 2021Disney’s Contemporary Resort
December 16, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
December 16, 2021Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

I remembered something else from our stay at AKL Club last week - we met Lorenzo, who was very friendly and my wife asked if they had any O'Douls (near beer). he said no, but will get some for you, she said don't worry not a big deal. Next time we came into the lounge, he brought it out for her. Not sure if he went out himself to get it or had it delivered somehow.

View attachment 603403
When we were there precovid we were so happy when we asked about Angry Orchard for a GF drinker and they had it in back and kept getting it.

Maybe both!? :-)

But my kids do, so that works for me! 🤣
My kids love ohana breakfast. We usually do it on a rest day and go at like noon so it's lunch.

If I thought it was IN ANY WAY reasonable, I’d fly my happy butt out there for a 2-day quick trip before the 50th. But it really, really isn’t. More unreasonable than usual for me, I should say.
Ooooh, sorry, I see that you were saying you're going to be at the GF in 2 months... I thought you were saying that the GF CL was going to be OPEN in 2 months and I was like, nah it's only a week!

I remembered something else from our stay at AKL Club last week - we met Lorenzo, who was very friendly and my wife asked if they had any O'Douls (near beer). he said no, but will get some for you, she said don't worry not a big deal. Next time we came into the lounge, he brought it out for her. Not sure if he went out himself to get it or had it delivered somehow. We thought that was just awesome service. So she made sure to keep drinking them - even took some with us went we went down to eat at Boma, which Lorenzo tried to invite himself along with us (would have been fun).

View attachment 603403
Lorenzo is the best! He is from the Boardwalk’s Innkeepers Club and will be returning when they reopen in a couple weeks. He is one of the reasons my family returns every year. Lorenzo. Has watched my grandchildren grow from infants to young adults, some still young children. He holds a very special place in our hearts!

I am sooo having CL withdrawals. I booked a CL at BWI for our anniversary redo trip and canceled bc DH thought the price was crazy so staying Dolphin. I booked another one for thanksgiving but our oldest can’t go.
Found 2 nights BWI CL right after Christmas so just need to find 2 more nights. Feel better now lol! Can’t wait to see what it’s like when they reopen this month!!!

What kind of things did they have in the evenings? With The Wave and CG closed, I wonder where they will get the food from for the lounge?
I think you just spoke truth there. It makes sense that the CL reopening would be tied to the Steak 71 kitchen reopening. Sept 26 works with our rumored reopening date as well.

The Wave should reopen as Steakhouse 71 late this month (I vote for Sept. 26 the same day CL is scheduled to return to CR). Right now they are serving The Wave breakfast up at the CG in the mornings.

Dave

Online it claims the last day for The Wave breakfast in CG Is September 10 (or was it September 12)

I think you just spoke truth there. It makes sense that the CL reopening would be tied to the Steak 71 kitchen reopening. Sept 26 works with our rumored reopening date as well.
Yeah it does make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter