Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Excited to post that we booked a Christmas Trip at Wilderness Lodge Club Level from 12/25 to 12/29. Happy to be coming home to Wilderness Lodge after 7 years at other Club Levels and 3 years away from Walt Disney World. Our last visit was to Disneyland in 2019 and like most people, we haven't travelled since.

I was at WDW the week after Christmas in the late 80's and I remember the insane crowds. Our family at the time was not even sure if Disney World would
be open at that pre-internet time but once we got there, the parking lots were closing by 10am! They were parking us in overflow and grassy areas and I still remember we were parked in the Goofy Grass section. Funny memory for my brother and I who were in college at the time.

Looking forward to having the club lounge to escape from some of the craziness and really looking forward to seeing Wilderness Lodge at Christmastime!

We've seen Disney be great with allergies in the past, so our gluten free family member is pretty hopeful about gluten free dining there, but travel anywhere can be concerning.
I'm glad to here they've done a good job. I'll figure out how to give advance notice to the cast about our family allergies/intolerance.

My mom has celiac and has stayed with us club once at Yacht and once at Beach. Overall they did well, letting her know what was GF and what was not. I think they got her some prepackaged chips too, but I don't recall any special prep or anything. She generally found disney super easy to eat at.
celiac is really hard, esp when trying to avoid cross-contamination!

Another question for those of you here. I saw on another board that Disney has gluten free mickey waffles at restaurants -- does anyone have experience with getting gluten free items at the club lounges?
Disney is the absolute best when it comes to food sensitivities/allergies! My dd and I are always able to get gluten-free Mickey waffles when they are having them at GF (more often) and at BWI (when they have them ...I think Sunday mornings since they canceled the omelettes). Also, if they don’t have many gluten-free options available, you can ask and they’ll get you something! You do need to let them know you have an issue when you check in (you’ll fill out a form), but you often have to remind them. It is definitely easiest when there is a nightly chef like Redgie at BWI (he’s amazing) but they have also been great to us at Poly and GF! Gasparilla Grill has a separate cooking area so there is no cross contamination if you have celiac or a severe allergy, and Poly can also have items prepared in a separate kitchen if needed, but you have to make them aware. We are not sensitive to cross contamination so I haven’t really discussed the separate cooking area with Redgie, but I’m sure that could be arranged if needed. They do have a separate toaster and gluten-free bread/bagels available at the three resorts I mentioned.

Disney is the absolute best when it comes to food sensitivities/allergies! My dd and I are always able to get gluten-free Mickey waffles when they are having them at GF (more often) and at BWI (when they have them ...I think Sunday mornings since they canceled the omelettes). Also, if they don’t have many gluten-free options available, you can ask and they’ll get you something! You do need to let them know you have an issue when you check in (you’ll fill out a form), but you often have to remind them. It is definitely easiest when there is a nightly chef like Redgie at BWI (he’s amazing) but they have also been great to us at Poly and GF! Gasparilla Grill has a separate cooking area so there is no cross contamination if you have celiac or a severe allergy, and Poly can also have items prepared in a separate kitchen if needed, but you have to make them aware. We are not sensitive to cross contamination so I haven’t really discussed the separate cooking area with Redgie, but I’m sure that could be arranged if needed. They do have a separate toaster and gluten-free bread/bagels available at the three resorts I mentioned.
I can attest to the fact that when they get the gluten free chicken nuggets they taste amazing. 🙋🏻‍♀️

Lol perks of traveling with friends .

Last edited:

They stopped the omelets at BWI? Never stayed there before but was pleasantly surprised when I saw they had that on Sunday.

Sadly, yes they did! I think maybe they were too popular (lol) because the lounge would get REALLY crowded and the chef would get so behind! Of course, everything could change again once they reopen??

We stayed there several times during omelets. 1st time, no line. 2nd time, almost impossible to get one, line stayed crazy all morning. 3rd time, they had you fill out a card with what you wanted then brought it to you. I thought by the 3rd time, yay, they have this figured out. Then a couple of weeks later they discontinued it and last I heard they were doing waffles? This was only on Sunday mornings pre-covid just FYI for anyone that wasn't around then and I'm referring to BWI just so you're not confused.

We stayed there several times during omelets. 1st time, no line. 2nd time, almost impossible to get one, line stayed crazy all morning. 3rd time, they had you fill out a card with what you wanted then brought it to you. I thought by the 3rd time, yay, they have this figured out. Then a couple of weeks later they discontinued it and last I heard they were doing waffles? This was only on Sunday mornings pre-covid just FYI for anyone that wasn't around then and I'm referring to BWI just so you're not confused.
Lol...we thought the exact same thing about them figuring it all out! If I remember correctly, they had even added an extra omelet chef just before they stopped serving them😂! Oh well, we still like Mickey waffles too since they can get us gluten free. Only now we don’t care how we arrange a split stay. We used to try to make sure we were at BWI on Sundays, but now it doesn’t matter since GF has waffles too. I wonder if Poly will add anything special on Sunday mornings when they reopen? I can’t remember anything special before, but maybe that’s because we were always at BWI for those omelettes??

We currently have a club level room booked at Poly for September 30-October 4 (booked before COVID-19 shutdown). I am starting to be a little nervous that Poly will not open club level by then. We just don’t want to be surprised last minute with a move to another resort location.

Yes, I think I won't be doing that. It was just something I was considering but in the end we are only there for 5 days so not worth the cost
Subtract the amount you would have paid for a ticket, and you get 10% off most restaurants, so if you were to use it only one more time it would pay for itself. That's my Disney math and I'm proud of it :smickey:

We currently have a club level room booked at Poly for September 30-October 4 (booked before COVID-19 shutdown). I am starting to be a little nervous that Poly will not open club level by then. We just don’t want to be surprised last minute with a move to another resort location.
I would call and ask for options to move to a cl hotel before nothing is left. However if poly std works then wait n see.

While I'm doing nothing but speculating, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Poly CL comes back by then. OR more likely it's not back but they have accounted for guests such as yourselves to remain at Poly.

Those dates are really tough with reservations everywhere - if this were me I'd be holding on to a Poly reservation until they pry it out of my hands!

Concur with @trishadono here. What’s most important CL or Poly? If it’s CL I’d be calling for a move now. If Poly then wait it out and be ready for no CL. GF, BWI and CR are the only CL currently scheduled to be open then.

While I'm doing nothing but speculating, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Poly CL comes back by then. OR more likely it's not back but they have accounted for guests such as yourselves to remain at Poly.

Those dates are really tough with reservations everywhere - if this were me I'd be holding on to a Poly reservation until they pry it out of my hands!
Those dates are really impossible with limited choices.

Another question for those of you here. I saw on another board that Disney has gluten free mickey waffles at restaurants -- does anyone have experience with getting gluten free items at the club lounges?
Tell the CM when you check in and don’t be shy about asking CL CMs for gluten free options. I cannot guarantee waffles but I can guarantee they will have gluten free items on request for every time of day. I’ve done CL at BC, Poly and WL with a gf family member. Sometimes I swear her food options are better than mine 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter