Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just re-read your actual question, and realize I didn’t really answer it appropriately! I compared CR to BWI.

Other than the view I like the Poly and RPC better than the CR. However, don’t get me wrong, I had 2 awesome stays at the CR. It’s just the Poly lounge is awesome!! I’m not even sure if the amazing CR view compares to it. There’s something about that 2 story lounge with the wall of windows facing the castle. And the views from the rooms on the lagoon side are breathtaking. In addition, the Poly is completely my style, I love it. I also love RPC. Every time we stay at either Hawaii or RPC I try to decide which one I like better, and usually decide the one I’m at right then lol. However, despite my raving over Poly and RPC, I do like the CR. It used to get big points for walkability, but now the GF and even the Poly are walkable. So given that new change,
Despite liking the CR I rank it 3rd among monorail resorts.

As for BWI vs YC/BC. I love the YC rooms and liked the CL, I thought the BC rooms and resort were ok and the CL comparable to theYC. Honestly, I kind of consider them the same resort with different themed rooms. The lounges were closed in without views, I much prefer the Mk actual lounges, but the BW is comparable in that respect. I found the appetizers at the BW to be a big notch above the YC/BC. I think I would choose the BW CL if you go for food, and the YC CL if you want storm along bay. I would always choose the YC over the BC (just personal preference), but would definitely stay at the BC if it were the only one available or a lot cheaper (cheaper - HA. How about less expensive! Nothing is cheap :teeth:!).

Thanks for the detailed comparison!

i got CL at BWI for 25-29 of September. Including 5 day park hoper the package total was about $4000 (about $650 a night for the room) with the 25% discount. man. i remember when CL rooms were in the $500s RACK RATE not that long ago. But like i keep telling my wife if people keep staying in the rooms the cost will just keep going up even though its gone up 75%ish in just a few years.

Contemplating changing to CR atrium club. Currently have GF booked but club not available there for our dates. Is signature services up and going? Can they get us the boo bash tickets instead of me waiting on hold Tuesday morning?

i got CL at BWI for 25-29 of September. Including 5 day park hoper the package total was about $4000 (about $650 a night for the room) with the 25% discount. man. i remember when CL rooms were in the $500s RACK RATE not that long ago. But like i keep telling my wife if people keep staying in the rooms the cost will just keep going up even though its gone up 75%ish in just a few years.

Back in 2018, the CL Deluxe room at BWI was $638 per night with the discount.

Nothing material here, but I noticed Disney updated their Resort operational update page with the following note:

It used to say “Club Level service is temporarily unavailable”
I just chatted with them online. GF, Boardwalk, and Contemporary club lounges reopen Sept 26. Next dates for other lounges are in December. I did ask about WL bc that is what we wanted, and that's a Dec reopening - Dec 16.

So if these reservations hold, both Boardwalk and CR would be new to me. How do you all like the lounges/offerings? I guess CR in comparison to RPC or Poly, and Boardwalk compared to Yacht/Beach..
My biggest complaint with CR is lack of a meal midday. Poly has lettuce wraps, gf was doing soup and mini sandwiches. They do have snacks, but only snacks. Breakfast for the lounges pretty much the same.

CR had been having a soup at 5p plus a meal. They also have veggies n such. The alcohol was a better quality of wine, they had Rosa Regale and stuff too.

Desserts were about the same as poly.

The lounge is just plain fun! The views are amazing. The staff has always been great.

My biggest complaint with CR is lack of a meal midday. Poly has lettuce wraps, gf was doing soup and mini sandwiches. They do have snacks, but only snacks. Breakfast for the lounges pretty much the same.

CR had been having a soup at 5p plus a meal. They also have veggies n such. The alcohol was a better quality of wine, they had Rosa Regale and stuff too.

Desserts were about the same as poly.

The lounge is just plain fun! The views are amazing. The staff has always been great.

As much as I like those chips and goldfish crackers, I was definitely excited back when the Poly added the lettuce wraps!

Booking will begin on 6/4/21 for the following Club Level resorts (opening dates below):

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Royal Palm Club – Sept. 16, 2021
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – Sept. 23, 2021
Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Sept. 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Dec. 16, 2021
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Dec. 16, 2021

Other resorts will have later reopening dates.

RPC Deluxe King showed up for Sept 29-Oct 3. Rack rate $1412 discount rate $1333. As much as I would love it, I didn't book it.

I just checked again and nothing shows up at rack rate or discounted for RPC now. I guess some people were willing to spend that! Which is why the prices are what they are.

Either they released more availability or someone cancelled as RPC standard is now available at rack rate.....total for the 4 nights is $5969....just under $1500/nt :faint:. I agree that as long as people are willing to pay those rates, Disney will keep charging those rates. As much as I love RPC, no way I'd spend that much!

Either they released more availability or someone cancelled as RPC standard is now available at rack rate.....total for the 4 nights is $5969....just under $1500/nt :faint:. I agree that as long as people are willing to pay those rates, Disney will keep charging those rates. As much as I love RPC, no way I'd spend that much!
WDW is pushing the envelope to see just what they can do and still get people to book. I don't blame them, never have. If people will pay it, why shouldn't they charge it? It prices me out for sure, but that's just the way it goes. My hope is these prices are just testing the waters and it doesn't fly- but I'm not counting on it. It will be interesting to see just what they cut from the experience while charging these kinds of rates.

WDW is pushing the envelope to see just what they can do and still get people to book. I don't blame them, never have. If people will pay it, why shouldn't they charge it? It prices me out for sure, but that's just the way it goes. My hope is these prices are just testing the waters and it doesn't fly- but I'm not counting on it. It will be interesting to see just what they cut from the experience while charging these kinds of rates.

From what I see YoY it’s the normal $40 or so a night they normally lift prices. Biggest difference I see is discounts are not available yet. That doesn’t mean these prices aren’t a joke - GF rack rate is especially egregious. The bigger issue to me is that benefits have been taken away and they continue to slowly chip away at the discounts....until the economy crashes and they need us again.

After going 2x a year (always a diff CL), I have purposely stayed away for the last 1.5 years as they removed way too much (some for legit Covid reasons, but much if it was not) and charged the same fee. I do realize there are many people who will continue to go no matter how much they charge/take away....and Disney realizes that too... so people like me “taking a stand” so to speak, will only get so far.

I do expect discounts to impact these rates as they normally do (usually out in July), and then we should get back to normal-ish next year. Doesn‘t mean it’s still not overpriced, just more tolerable. I‘m also planning on going 1x a year at most going forward.

I have purposely stayed away for the last 1.5 years as they removed way too much (some for legit Covid reasons, but much if it was not) and charged the same fee.

This is us exactly. At this point, all I see them bringing back are money makers that don't cost them much to bring back. We are well past the "safety" excuse for cut backs when you look at capacity limits and loosening up on masks and distancing. They've managed to pack the parks at vastly reduced capacity. I'm not sure they can do that at full capacity limits. Maybe they can and if so, we may never see many of the things we used to see. Time will tell, but I'm sure tired of waiting.

Sorry if I missed it but with the announcement of restarting club level have they released any details of what the new offerings will include? Food wise and any other benefits...

i got CL at BWI for 25-29 of September. Including 5 day park hoper the package total was about $4000 (about $650 a night for the room) with the 25% discount. man.
I’ve been trying to modify my existing BWI garden to CL for our 9/23-9/27 stay but haven’t had any luck. They must have been scooped up pretty quickly. I’ll keep checking though.

It will be interesting to see just what they cut from the experience while charging these kinds of rates.

I am very curious to see what the CL experience is like once it's back in motion.

The bigger issue to me is that benefits have been taken away and they continue to slowly chip away at the discounts....until the economy crashes and they need us again.

After going 2x a year (always a diff CL), I have purposely stayed away for the last 1.5 years as they removed way too much (some for legit Covid reasons, but much if it was not) and charged the same fee. I do realize there are many people who will continue to go no matter how much they charge/take away....and Disney realizes that too... so people like me “taking a stand” so to speak, will only get so far.

I feel the same as you in that so much has been taken away, but prices have stayed the same or increased and discounts are fewer and fewer. My last trip was Dec 2019 and I have no plans to return any time soon, if at all. I understand Disney is a business and is there to make money, but for me, Disney is getting crazy expensive for less perks/benefits and it's getting to the point that it's just not worth it to me anymore.

Sorry if I missed it but with the announcement of restarting club level have they released any details of what the new offerings will include? Food wise and any other benefits...
When I booked CR Club the CM said food will be served by a CM behind plexiglass and there will also be prepackaged food. They will only allow so many people at a time and anyone trying to come in while the max that is allowed, will be put in a queue. He didn’t mention anything about FP. This is what he was told, so who knows if that is all true.
Now, I am not going until Aug. ‘22…..so who knows what it will be like by then.

When I booked CR Club the CM said food will be served by a CM behind plexiglass and there will also be prepackaged food. They will only allow so many people at a time and anyone trying to come in while the max that is allowed, will be put in a queue. He didn’t mention anything about FP. This is what he was told, so who knows if that is all true.
Now, I am not going until Aug. ‘22…..so who knows what it will be like by then.
Pre packaged snacks with no buffets is what I've been hearing. This definitely is not the concierge experience I want or am willing to pay a fortune for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter