Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I tried moving my August ‘22 room at the CR to CL and I was told it wasn’t open yet. The CM even had me on hold for a supervisor and her screen couldn’t get it either. So I will try again soon.

We’re now looking forward to booking a club trip at some point, but will wait until next year. Here’s hoping rates “stabilize” a bit. 😕

That’s what I’m hoping too. But in the almost 30 years of going to WDW, resort prices have never gone down. But even if they stabilize, I’m thinking our CL days will be very limited or nonexistent without a discount. My DH just retired but is doing a few days of consulting a week. I still work part time. We‘re kind of between work & retirement. We have decent retirement funding, but not starting those things yet. No way can I stomach spending 1500 on a single night at a Disney hotel, even after we do. We first stayed at RPC maybe 6 - 7 years ago, I think it was around $800 after AP discount & taxes. Almost double now? Nope.

When we stayed RPC in Feb 2020 I think rack rate was in the $1200 range. However, we had a very good discount, making it palatable. We had 6 people and we ate almost all breakfasts and quite a few other meals there - it really wasn’t completely crazy for us given that. I am willing to pay for location, convenience, amd ambience, but can’t do $1200 rack rate let alone $1500. I think initially people will be so ready to get back to CL they will book up, but as things settle down the discounts will have to be hefty again if they keep those rack rates!

Have we heard what CL will be like? Still hot foods, still unlimited drinks (both alcohol and non), still 4 servings times, still lounges, etc? That does matter to me, if it’s going to be extremely watered down (either covid related or not) we will be more inclined to stick with regular rooms and save the money.

When we stayed RPC in Feb 2020 I think rack rate was in the $1200 range. However, we had a very good discount, making it palatable. We had 6 people and we ate almost all breakfasts and quite a few other meals there - it really wasn’t completely crazy for us given that. I am willing to pay for location, convenience, amd ambience, but can’t do $1200 rack rate let alone $1500. I think initially people will be so ready to get back to CL they will book up, but as things settle down the discounts will have to be hefty again if they keep those rack rates!

Have we heard what CL will be like? Still hot foods, still unlimited drinks (both alcohol and non), still 4 servings times, still lounges, etc? That does matter to me, if it’s going to be extremely watered down (either covid related or not) we will be more inclined to stick with regular rooms and save the money.
No details on what will be on offer when they open.

I expect the discounts to come back as well. There wasn’t enough demand outside of holidays to fill CL at rack rates pre-Covid. Don’t think there will be demand to fill it at rack rate when the post-Covid dust settles either.

Last edited:

Agreed. This demand is extremely temporary. I expect we will see some discounts impact even impacting these rooms (as they are through Sept)

1622823014511.png
This is the CR 14th Floor Tower Club Level.
Std king CL rooms are the 2 to the right of the lounge and have TPV. The room to the right of that and a few down are 2 queens and tpv. There is one Bay Lake 2 queen on this floor.
1622823014511.png

I tried moving my August ‘22 room at the CR to CL and I was told it wasn’t open yet. The CM even had me on hold for a supervisor and her screen couldn’t get it either. So I will try again soon.
Was told last night via Disney chat that Club-level would be available today for bookings. Nothing showing up thus far?? Will keep trying too.

Well, I just modified my room on the website for CR and I got CL!! Funny that earlier this morning the CM couldn’t do it for me. Perhaps there was a glitch.
I am so happy because we had CL for Aug. ‘20 but had to cancel bc of COVID. What I paid now was about $1,000 more :(. Oh well, this will be our 51 Anniversary and we are treating our son, DIL and granddaughter. Hopefully, everything will back to some normalcy by then.

So if these reservations hold, both Boardwalk and CR would be new to me. How do you all like the lounges/offerings? I guess CR in comparison to RPC or Poly, and Boardwalk compared to Yacht/Beach..

Well, I just modified my room on the website for CR and I got CL!! Funny that earlier this morning the CM couldn’t do it for me. Perhaps there was a glitch.
I am so happy because we had CL for Aug. ‘20 but had to cancel bc of COVID. What I paid now was about $1,000 more :(. Oh well, this will be our 51 Anniversary and we are treating our son, DIL and granddaughter. Hopefully, everything will back to some normalcy by then.

hah! congrats! This is exactly why I almost just booked the rooms last night. I figured if things got wacky it would be easier to modify an existing reservation rather than to snag a new one.

ANYONE get a club level room book for wilderness lodge today ? I’m trying to get a few nights between christmas and New Years. On hold now

ANYONE get a club level room book for wilderness lodge today ? I’m trying to get a few nights between christmas and New Years. On hold now
I did. Dec. 18-23. Price was painful, but my 94 year old mom wants one more Disney trip, and she LOVES WL.
Edited to add that it was a modification from a studio at Copper Creek.

And another edit. Well that was stupid. I completely forgot that my Silver AP is blocked out beginning Dec. 17. Looks like I will be giving up the room.

Last edited:
So if these reservations hold, both Boardwalk and CR would be new to me. How do you all like the lounges/offerings? I guess CR in comparison to RPC or Poly, and Boardwalk compared to Yacht/Beach..
I've done the BW CL once and the CR Atrium CL a couple of times. Pre-COVID, the BW had hands down the better hot food (I would say best of all CLs). However, for overall impression of the CLs themselves, I put them pretty equal. I loved the view from the Atrium Club, and I think the Atrium SV CL room is amazing - you get an awesome view including the Water Pagent, but have the MK view and fireworks from the lounge. Every room is close in the CR. At the BW, our room had a not great view and was second from the last down the hall, and the lounge wasn't my favorite. It was smaller, and we usually ate in our room, which was hoof from the lobby and lounge. So given it all, I liked the BW for the food and the CR for the views and openness of the lounge. Overall the CR isn't my vibe, but as a resort and not my home I like it. Plus it will all be new, so who knows what it will look like now!

We had booked CL WL for our sept-oct trip this year (at the 499 date...we are planners!) we just switched today to BWI and saved about $300.
I really was looking forward to the new rooms at WL...sigh.

We are switching to non CL MK view main tower Contemporary in the middle of this trip, so we can walk to and from MK on the 50th.

I just got RPC for Oct 3 to Oct 8. I picked the standard room but they also had theme park available.

Yeah was going to say I was just able to book RPC for the back half of November trip. Only Theme park view was available and the price is nuts, but hoping for a discount otherwise will stick with CR. But keep checking those that are looking.

Yeah was going to say I was just able to book RPC for the back half of November trip. Only Theme park view was available and the price is nuts, but hoping for a discount otherwise will stick with CR. But keep checking those that are looking.
If discounts become available will they give you the new rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter