Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

HELP!!!!

DD and I decided that we need to go back to WWOHP (do they even call it that anymore? lol )

We did HRH for 2 nights back when it opened. We loved the express pass and walkability.

SO we are thinking HRH or Portofino.

Then it is do we do cl??? Coffee for me and dd wants a breakfast sandwich or bagel. I do see Porto has a starbucks . Does it get crazy busy? Do they have breakfast sandwiches?

Is it only alcohol from 5-7?

I need to check park hours but I am guessing if park opens at 8 we get in at 7a? Therefore those mornings kind of lose out?

Many of you have seen my preferences. Feel free to give ANY advice. Here or PM ....

After 2 days May 27-29 we will transfer to BLT in a 2 bed with the guys.

I second PB. I thought the resort was beautiful, rooms are so spacious! Obviously, CL is different now, but alcohol was always only between 5-7 only. Wine, beer and you can buy mixed drinks (there was a small list to choose from.) For breakfast, they had scrambled eggs, potatoes and the typical continental breakfast. Food was always good. Good luck deciding!

I have stayed at both and I really didn't like the vibe at HRH. The constant music playing everywhere was not relaxing to me. Any time I called the front desk they said something like 'stay cool'. It felt weird :confused3

OTOH I loved Portofino Bay. Beautiful rooms and (at the time) nice concierge service. I liked the boat ride and it was never crowded like the Disney transportation always is. You get the front of the line thing at the parks by staying in the hotel so we also did everything we wanted to.

I have stayed at both and I really didn't like the vibe at HRH. The constant music playing everywhere was not relaxing to me. Any time I called the front desk they said something like 'stay cool'. It felt weird :confused3

OTOH I loved Portofino Bay. Beautiful rooms and (at the time) nice concierge service. I liked the boat ride and it was never crowded like the Disney transportation always is. You get the front of the line thing at the parks by staying in the hotel so we also did everything we wanted to.
“Stay cool”...love it!

We did HRH back when WWOHP opened and I do like trying new things, I checked lots of places, and decided on Portofino. Dd can grab starbs at 6a and we head to parks for 7a early open.

US and UT both about $2072 for GV at Portofino with 3 day 2 park tickets.
American Express had room $998 plus tickets $680 total $ 1680
Tried my usual TA.
Said to buy AP and that total only $1526 room and tickets.
If purchase AP by 3/31 get 3 extra months!
My dates 5/27-29 which costs more than other dates FYI.

Decided to add cl so new total room,AP and CL =$1757 2 nights 3 park to park days with express pass included.
Yay!

Also I have AP good until end of August 2022!

Decided to add cl so new total room,AP and CL =$1757 2 nights 3 park to park days with express pass included.
Now that's a complete package for US and IoA at a great price / value.

Don't forget that with your APs you also get access to the UOAP Lounge and at least once a month pick up the latest Passholder-exclusive button. And don't miss the Arctic Coke Cooler, which crystalizes 20 oz. Coca-Cola beverages for ice-cold refreshment.

Standard Hours: 11 am–4 pm
Location: Studio Styles on Hollywood Boulevard in Universal Studios Florida

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/annual-pass-lounge

Dave

Last edited:
Now that's a complete package for US and IoA at a great price / value.

Don't forget that with your APs you also get access to the UOAP Lounge and at least once a month pick up the latest Passholder-exclusive button. And don't miss the Arctic Coke Cooler, which crystalizes 20 oz. Coca-Cola beverages for ice-cold refreshment.

Standard Hours: 11 am–4 pm
Location: Studio Styles on Hollywood Boulevard in Universal Studios Florida

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/annual-pass-lounge

Dave
Oh cool I am so clueless at this point. I will check that out. Thx Dave!

Years ago the ap’s used to also give you discounts at a few park restaurants and usually one place at each hotel.

HRH it is right next to the park and we found Portfolio Bay involved a much longer boat ride and lots of waking at the actual resort. It was lovely but just too far away from the action.

Dave
We did enjoy HRH location. However with such an early opening for our dates DD can grab her coffee and breakfast sandwich at 6a and we head right to park. That has to be better than the insane lines at Starbs at MK we have had this year.

We have stayed PBH regular room and found it to be a really nice immersive hotel. It was a tad far from the parks. Quick boat ride, but was too far to walk. We stayed at the Royal Pacfic a few times and were upgraded to CL once or twice with our Lowe’s First Rewards. CL was nice. I thought the food was pretty tasty and plentiful, but Disney has better CL staff. This was all pre-Covid, so I don’t know how CL is there now. One thing we really liked was how close Royal Pacific was to City Walk and both parks. Super quick walk.

A CL DVC AKL room just opened up this morning for my Bday in Oct so I decided to grab it, however I'm not trying to get too excited about it. Jambo house will have to completely reopen for them to bring back CL and with no opening date on the horizon, I dont have very high hopes. Not to mention, that even the resorts that are open, don't even have CL so even if they do fully open Jambo there's still no guarantee that CL will come back anytime soon. So just joining the wait and see folks on here. One day....one day, it will come back, right?!
We did HRH back when WWOHP opened and I do like trying new things, I checked lots of places, and decided on Portofino. Dd can grab starbs at 6a and we head to parks for 7a early open.

US and UT both about $2072 for GV at Portofino with 3 day 2 park tickets.
American Express had room $998 plus tickets $680 total $ 1680
Tried my usual TA.
Said to buy AP and that total only $1526 room and tickets.
If purchase AP by 3/31 get 3 extra months!
My dates 5/27-29 which costs more than other dates FYI.

Yay!

Also I have AP good until end of August 2022!

Sounds like a great stay! We are loving UO these days. The express passes are amazing. Also, depending on your AP type preferred gets 10% off everything, everywhere and premier gets 15% off most places, sometimes 10%. Even counter service, so make sure to always ask.

A CL DVC AKL room just opened up this morning for my Bday in Oct so I decided to grab it, however I'm not trying to get too excited about it. Jambo house will have to completely reopen for them to bring back CL and with no opening date on the horizon, I dont have very high hopes. Not to mention, that even the resorts that are open, don't even have CL so even if they do fully open Jambo there's still no guarantee that CL will come back anytime soon. So just joining the wait and see folks on here. One day....one day, it will come back, right?!

I am actually feeling optimistic that we will get more resort opening dates before too long. We were talking about this in the news thread today and I really think summer is going to be a lot busier than the slow times we saw pre-Covid. Many more people are getting vaccinated and feel safer to travel, and summer will be the first opportunity for many. Heat/humidity won’t be as much of a deterrent to people going to FL this year. The park reservation calendar really seems to be bearing that out too, I actually had to call the Passholder line to get them to override the buckets just to go to HS on 6/3. Resort guest was totally full but AP wide open (are FL passes blacked out then?). I know HS tends to be the one that books up fastest due to lower capacity and Rise, but still...June is booking up really fast for resort guests, which makes me think way more people are traveling. Memorial Day seems to be the floodgates opening just anecdotally from moving my dates around that time and watching my flights fill up.

I am hopeful that we will have CL back for the 50th, at the very least.

Sounds like a great stay! We are loving UO these days. The express passes are amazing. Also, depending on your AP type preferred gets 10% off everything, everywhere and premier gets 15% off most places, sometimes 10%. Even counter service, so make sure to always ask.
Thanks!

I am frantically reading up. Can’t believe it was 2010 last visit.

I arrived yesterday, staying at GF, but my favorite resort is Boardwalk. We had dinner at Trattoria, so I went up to the front desk to see Lene from the Innkeepers Club. I was thrilled to see both Joe and JJ working! It was like old times for me. I miss see them so much. I cannot wait for the Innkeepers Club to be open again. I am hoping for February of 2022.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter