Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

One of the CMs at the Poly felt bad for us once in June and gave us one of their round trays that they use for clearing tables. But she told me so many times that they needed it back and could I bring it back as soon as i was done that I felt guilty and ended up hurrying and felt like I was taking an appendage away from her or something! It has been a few years, but they Poly was one that used to give us a tray with no problem. I guess we did keep it our entire stay, but I assumed that was OK since we didn't take it home, we took it back when we left. I just preferred that to always having to find a non busy CM and ask. If they had enough trays for everyone and they were out it wouldn't be an issue, since if you could always get one people would't feel the need to keep them. I think lots of people eat in the lounge and wouldn't want one anyway, it depends on your style. Maybe it could be something in CL rooms. I don't think any more people would steal that than any other item in a room, I don't hear about ice buckets disappearing or any other mundane non disney themed item like that.

Yes, good idea to have a stock of trays in Poly lounge! It would even be easier to carry all those tiny plates to our tables if we could use one of those round trays. I know they might not want you to take a lot of those tiny plates at once, though, but it sure would make carrying things easier. We still talk about the teenaged boy at Poly who was trying to carry 4 chicken nuggets (on 4 separate tiny plates, lol) to his table and one ended up rolling off a plate onto the floor right before he reached his table. His reaction was so funny, lol, and every guest sitting around his family could relate and we all got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

I’ve never asked for a tray (I just feel weird doing it), but I have definitely used one. The first day of our stay, I use a tray to carry things back to our room from whatever QS is available at the resort. Then I keep the tray in our room for the remainder of our stay. It’s very useful for trips to the lounge! I just bring it with me when I leave the room. I have learned to stash it inside a drawer or my suitcase during the day, however, because housekeeping will pick it up and return it if it’s left out in the room. At most of the lounges, we prefer to bring food back to our room and eat on the balcony. We do enjoy the actual lounge at WL (I think it’s my favorite resort) and often sit at one of the tables for two by the balcony enjoying the view of the resort. I try to bring our dishes back, although I felt badly doing this at 5 pm at BC because I had to leave our dishes on a table that otherwise could have been occupied by someone else. It was very busy there for the evening appetizers!

Sorry I haven’t posted an actual trip report. I often do, but it’s not smooth sailing in my life at the moment. I lost my mom quite unexpectedly to cancer in June. She and my daughter (8) and I had lived together from before my daughter was even born so this has been a significant loss in both of our lives. My daughter and I really enjoyed our trip. It provided us with a much-needed chance to check out from all that’s been going on in our lives these past few months. Disney really is our happy place. We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful vacation.

Someone asked me for a review of the evening appetizers. I will try my best to remember it! I always get home from these trips and wish I’d taken photos. I always feel weird, though (like with asking for a tray, lol), going around taking photos in the lounge...especially when it’s a busy place, like evenings at BC. I tried to convince my DD to do it, but she felt weird, too (“really, mom? Really?”). I did take photos one morning at WL this trip when the lounge was empty, lol. I will post those later.

So evening appetizers at BC...they always had cheese and crackers and an area with apple slices, caramel, peanut butter and jelly, and rolls. Sometimes also butter for the rolls. An assortment of cold salads (three, I think? Or sometimes two with crudités as well). And there were usually two hot dishes available as well. Usually these were meat. We are vegetarian so I can’t recall what exactly was there. I know one night there was mac and cheese (the first time we have ever seen it in a lounge, oddly enough! DD was thrilled!). I think another night I saw chicken nuggets. Often there was something on small plates by the salads. It almost always had shrimp so we didn’t eat it. There was a selection of wines, but I don’t drink alcohol so I didn’t pay attention to what was there. There were the drinks were available. Juices and lemonade, a large container of water (no small bottles. We had a split stay with the first half at WL where there were small bottles. I always took an extra one or two to our room each time we went to the lounge and brought all of the extras along when we moved over to BC), the refrigerator with soda, and the espresso machine and coffe, tea, hot chocolate. And the ice cream freezer!! I was able to make a meal out of evening appetizers every night we didn’t have a dinner reservation. Sorry for the lack of photos!

Love this about both BC and YC CL's. They make you feel like they want you to fill up plates and eat! Love that they give you the choice of dinner plates, bowls, or small plates (not sure if BC does that too?). Also, last 2 trips at YC CL, we had a couple of late nights and returned after desserts, and how nice it was to walk in lounge and be able to grab some ice cream and sit down in the lounge. Our game of choice is Yachtzee while in that lounge, so we'd have a late night snack and play a game before heading back to our room! Luckily, we learned to put cups of water or milk in our room during the day, so we'd grab them because only pop was available in the lounge after hours.

I really think I could go to Disney every month and not get tired of it! 😍
I've been there twice in the last 4 weeks and still yearn to go back!
I know right? I never get bored . So much to do! Or relax and not do!

I’ve never asked for a tray (I just feel weird doing it), but I have definitely used one. The first day of our stay, I use a tray to carry things back to our room from whatever QS is available at the resort. Then I keep the tray in our room for the remainder of our stay. It’s very useful for trips to the lounge! I just bring it with me when I leave the room. I have learned to stash it inside a drawer or my suitcase during the day, however, because housekeeping will pick it up and return it if it’s left out in the room. At most of the lounges, we prefer to bring food back to our room and eat on the balcony. We do enjoy the actual lounge at WL (I think it’s my favorite resort) and often sit at one of the tables for two by the balcony enjoying the view of the resort. I try to bring our dishes back, although I felt badly doing this at 5 pm at BC because I had to leave our dishes on a table that otherwise could have been occupied by someone else. It was very busy there for the evening appetizers!

Sorry I haven’t posted an actual trip report. I often do, but it’s not smooth sailing in my life at the moment. I lost my mom quite unexpectedly to cancer in June. She and my daughter (8) and I had lived together from before my daughter was even born so this has been a significant loss in both of our lives. My daughter and I really enjoyed our trip. It provided us with a much-needed chance to check out from all that’s been going on in our lives these past few months. Disney really is our happy place. We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful vacation.

Someone asked me for a review of the evening appetizers. I will try my best to remember it! I always get home from these trips and wish I’d taken photos. I always feel weird, though (like with asking for a tray, lol), going around taking photos in the lounge...especially when it’s a busy place, like evenings at BC. I tried to convince my DD to do it, but she felt weird, too (“really, mom? Really?”). I did take photos one morning at WL this trip when the lounge was empty, lol. I will post those later.

So evening appetizers at BC...they always had cheese and crackers and an area with apple slices, caramel, peanut butter and jelly, and rolls. Sometimes also butter for the rolls. An assortment of cold salads (three, I think? Or sometimes two with crudités as well). And there were usually two hot dishes available as well. Usually these were meat. We are vegetarian so I can’t recall what exactly was there. I know one night there was mac and cheese (the first time we have ever seen it in a lounge, oddly enough! DD was thrilled!). I think another night I saw chicken nuggets. Often there was something on small plates by the salads. It almost always had shrimp so we didn’t eat it. There was a selection of wines, but I don’t drink alcohol so I didn’t pay attention to what was there. There were the drinks were available. Juices and lemonade, a large container of water (no small bottles. We had a split stay with the first half at WL where there were small bottles. I always took an extra one or two to our room each time we went to the lounge and brought all of the extras along when we moved over to BC), the refrigerator with soda, and the espresso machine and coffe, tea, hot chocolate. And the ice cream freezer!! I was able to make a meal out of evening appetizers every night we didn’t have a dinner reservation. Sorry for the lack of photos!
Glad you and dd had a nice time. Some good memories were made for sure :)

I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers are with you and your dd.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you and your daughter got some special time together...

We are all packed up and I would like to hop in the car and head to the airport, but our flight doesn't leave until 7am tomorrow morning so that might be a little overeager. I am strangely almost more excited to return to the Poly than I am for the parks - not that I'm not excited about the parks too! We're excited to try the Poly CL - I will try to casually take some lounge food pictures! I have made a mental note of the tray suggestions, as I too enjoy coffee and other beverages on the balcony (provided I have a balcony)...

I really think I could go to Disney every month and not get tired of it! 😍

Me too ::goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm glad you and your DD had a nice time and made more great memories :hug:.

I never get bored . So much to do! Or relax and not do!

:thumbsup2 ::yes::

I felt this way about BC CL. I could only compare it to GF SL and BC CL service/staff 1000x better.

I didn't care for SL, so after reading this, I may just have to give BC CL a try ;).

We are all packed up and I would like to hop in the car and head to the airport, but our flight doesn't leave until 7am tomorrow morning so that might be a little overeager. I am strangely almost more excited to return to the Poly than I am for the parks - not that I'm not excited about the parks too! We're excited to try the Poly CL - I will try to casually take some lounge food pictures! I have made a mental note of the tray suggestions, as I too enjoy coffee and other beverages on the balcony (provided I have a balcony)...

Have a great trip!! :cool1: :cool1:

Do any of the Beach Club Club Level Standard View Rooms still have sofas in them. I know the maximum number of guests is 4 now, but I thought they still had a sofa. I was just watching a tour review of one and it didn't have a sofa, but seemed like a type of dormer room with slanted ceiling so maybe that is why?

My husband won't be joining us until day 3, so my three youngest kids and I are going to do 2 nights at the Beach Club Stone Harbor Club just to try it out then move to Boardwalk Club Level for 3 nights and then 4 nights at the Grand Floridian RPC. This is more of a resort/ low key chill vacation (coming in for the Star Wars Preview) since we were just at the Grand Floridian in July for 8 nights and did a lot (too much for me) of park time, so moving resorts doesn't bother me at all.

Do any of the Beach Club Club Level Standard View Rooms still have sofas in them. I know the maximum number of guests is 4 now, but I thought they still had a sofa. I was just watching a tour review of one and it didn't have a sofa, but seemed like a type of dormer room with slanted ceiling so maybe that is why?

My husband won't be joining us until day 3, so my three youngest kids and I are going to do 2 nights at the Beach Club Stone Harbor Club just to try it out then move to Boardwalk Club Level for 3 nights and then 4 nights at the Grand Floridian RPC. This is more of a resort/ low key chill vacation (coming in for the Star Wars Preview) since we were just at the Grand Floridian in July for 8 nights and did a lot (too much for me) of park time, so moving resorts doesn't bother me at all.
Yes, I had a standard view BC CL room with a sofa bed in April.

We had a standard view BC CL and it had the sofa sleeper. :)

Hope this is okay to ask. Did anyone get any emails from anyone or calls prior to their stay? We have a AK-CL stay coming up (about 2 weeks to go) and have heard nothing. When I called them I was told we would receive all the information once we checked in. I just found this odd, as I thought CL was so grand. Making me kind of worried.

Hope this is okay to ask. Did anyone get any emails from anyone or calls prior to their stay? We have a AK-CL stay coming up (about 2 weeks to go) and have heard nothing. When I called them I was told we would receive all the information once we checked in. I just found this odd, as I thought CL was so grand. Making me kind of worried.
I generally don't hear from Disney Signature Services when I book. When I have any questions or need assistance I call them. Their number is (407) 939-7777 and they are there from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
AKL CL is lovely! Wishing you a wonderful stay. :flower:

While we’re on the topic of BC Cl rooms, do all of the CL Water View rooms have the full balcony? From what I can tell from touringplans, pictures, etc, the answer seems to be yes.

We stayed at the GF club level last month and received a phone call for the first time right after I booked. I don't remember that on past stays with them but do remember getting an email from them. We also got an email this time, but the call was new.

We are staying at three different club levels on our upcoming trip (BC, BWI and GF) and the only one I've heard from so far was GF again.(phone and email)

I only have a few CL stays under my belt but I’ve never received communication before my trip. Call or email DSS if you have any q’s. They’re easy to talk to!

What is everyone's experience with online check in?

Last CL stay we got the resort at like 1am and the one before that it was after hours as well.

We'll be at GF around 11am-ish via ME this time. Will someone meet us at the bus even though we already checked in and our room will likely not be ready? Is this still hit or miss?

What is everyone's experience with online check in?

Last CL stay we got the resort at like 1am and the one before that it was after hours as well.

We'll be at GF around 11am-ish via ME this time. Will someone meet us at the bus even though we already checked in and our room will likely not be ready? Is this still hit or miss?
I can see no disadvantage to online check in. Two benefits of online check in is that they they have an idea of what time you are checking in and you can receive a text when your room is ready. They can still greet you at the door whether or not you do online check in. If you are taking the Magical Express then I assume they know that you are on it. :)

And you are still free to go to the front desk whether or not you do online check in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter