Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are at Poly right now. The lounge is crowded right at 7:00 am & then again at 5:00. But if you wait just a little bit, tables will open up. There is also seating on the third floor level. The food has been replenished constantly so there’s no chance of missing anything if you wait awhile. All the CMs are friendly & helpful, unlike a few were years ago. Some of those were downright intimidating!
I was happy to see the addition of kid friendly foods as well.
The plates are mini sized, which is a little annoying. Not so much for guests, but I would think it makes more work for the CMs. Anyway, don’t let the bad reviews scare you! I think you’ll love it here!
Thank you so much everyone!! We have been looking forward to this trip for 499 days LOL, nothing is going to really make me switch at this point but I do appreciate your input and I'm still VERY much looking forward to it.

Yes there is one YC Club Level room without a balcony, room 5163. It has a bank of windows on the side with a dormer room section. It is / was a victim of roof architecture.

Dave

View attachment 421719
Thank you Dave! I've got the room right next to it...to the right in this picture...room 5161..requested via Touring Plans for our December trip. Gotta have a balcony!!!! Chicago peeps don't care how chilly it may get in December, we're sitting outside! :).

I’ve always felt a bit strange brining food or even drinks from the lounge back to our room, especially last trip at AKL when it involved an elevator ride.

Is it really not frowned upon??
Definitely not frowned upon. The only issue is careying it back to your room in the tiny plates some CLs have! In the past we had been able to get trays easily at most CLs, but for our trip in June the Poly did not have trays, RPC did, and the BW did not. We have 6 people and 2 are toddlers, so we pretty much always took our food back just to spare everyone else in the lounge our kids, and it was many trips without a tray. We might have gotten some looks about the amounts, but really, food and drink for 6 people is a lot even if you don’t get much per person, so we just didn’t worry about it and figured people shouldn’t worry about what other people are doing.

BW must have run out of trays at that moment. They do have them but probably not a lot. I see at least 1 guest a trip with them, as recent as our trip 2 weeks ago.

BW must have run out of trays at that moment. They do have them but probably not a lot. I see at least 1 guest a trip with them, as recent as our trip 2 weeks ago.
IDK, I asked and the CM acted like I was asking for something outlandish and why would they have trays! They he actually came up to me a bit later and said he managed to find me one to use, and it was comically big! Like I could have carried dinners and drinks for 6 people in a restaurant big! I used it right then, but never took it back because it was so unwieldy and I felt weird carrying it!

Quick question, we will be staying Beach Club Club Level for the first time next week, can you get into the lounge before 7 for coffee?

Coffee should start at 6:30am at all the WDW CL's, but often it is just coffee/cream, not the latte machines or full array of hot beverages. Other times, I've been allowed to access the latte machine a little before 7am. BC CL is one of the ones with doors though, so those CL's tend to keep everyone out until 7am or they have everything set.

I’ve always felt a bit strange brining food or even drinks from the lounge back to our room, especially last trip at AKL when it involved an elevator ride.

Is it really not frowned upon??
I do it all the time. I’ve been to all resorts cl except YC.

Elevator I sometimes have to set my wine down on the ground to push buttons but I don’t care . It’s MY vacation and sometimes the balcony is calling me :)

I did have an issue at CR once. We had an outer building suite with cl access. I simply said I wasn’t sure if I should carry wine for dh and I down the elevator and out to outer building. They gave me both a bottle of red and white so I could keep keep in our room. So if in doubt just let them know concerns.

AlsoI have asked for a tray in the morning to carry food etc. often they have one or I bring tray under ice bucket from the room.

I do it all the time. I’ve been to all resorts cl except YC.

Elevator I sometimes have to set my wine down on the ground to push buttons but I don’t care . It’s MY vacation and sometimes the balcony is calling me :)

I did have an issue at CR once. We had an outer building suite with cl access. I simply said I wasn’t sure if I should carry wine for dh and I down the elevator and out to outer building. They gave me both a bottle of red and white so I could keep keep in our room. So if in doubt just let them know concerns.

AlsoI have asked for a tray in the morning to carry food etc. often they have one or I bring tray under ice bucket from the room.

I see your also currently enjoying some more wine...!!!!..... :drinking1 .........:rotfl2:

I've experienced this too at some CL's. We take some food to our room, but mainly snacks and drinks, and we tend to use paper cups.
I use tons of paper cups for snacks! Sometimes we’ll end up with cups of chips, gummy bears, veggies, trail mix, cereal, pastries, etc... in the room. Essentially anything that can be put in and transported in a to go cup! Much less chance of my kids spillling, easier to carry back to the room stacked with lids on or piled all over the stroller, and readily available so I don’t have to ask for any to go plates.

When I stayed at AKL last year I brought little Disney themed snack and sandwich bags and used those to bring snacks or food back to the room. I had read that as a tip somewhere probably here. The kids and I would stock up on Drinks for late nights as well. I even got the CMs in the lounge to give us a microwave in the room to warm things up. They were very accommodating.

Last edited:
During our June CL YC trip I brought food back daily to our room. When bringing plates back a CM stopped me and thanked me but also said I could just set them on the floor outside my room too.

Definitely not frowned upon. The only issue is careying it back to your room in the tiny plates some CLs have! In the past we had been able to get trays easily at most CLs, but for our trip in June the Poly did not have trays, RPC did, and the BW did not. We have 6 people and 2 are toddlers, so we pretty much always took our food back just to spare everyone else in the lounge our kids, and it was many trips without a tray. We might have gotten some looks about the amounts, but really, food and drink for 6 people is a lot even if you don’t get much per person, so we just didn’t worry about it and figured people shouldn’t worry about what other people are doing.

On July 3 at Poly, the lounge tables were taken for quite a long time. So we asked a CM if they could give us a tray to use and the CM said they don't have any to lend out because guests take them and then don't return them. I could tell the CM felt bad and she said to feel free to use our tray in our room (which is mega huge, lol). We did go and get it, but in the meantime a table opened up so we ended up staying in lounge.

On July 3 at Poly, the lounge tables were taken for quite a long time. So we asked a CM if they could give us a tray to use and the CM said they don't have any to lend out because guests take them and then don't return them. I could tell the CM felt bad and she said to feel free to use our tray in our room (which is mega huge, lol). We did go and get it, but in the meantime a table opened up so we ended up staying in lounge.
One of the CMs at the Poly felt bad for us once in June and gave us one of their round trays that they use for clearing tables. But she told me so many times that they needed it back and could I bring it back as soon as i was done that I felt guilty and ended up hurrying and felt like I was taking an appendage away from her or something! It has been a few years, but they Poly was one that used to give us a tray with no problem. I guess we did keep it our entire stay, but I assumed that was OK since we didn't take it home, we took it back when we left. I just preferred that to always having to find a non busy CM and ask. If they had enough trays for everyone and they were out it wouldn't be an issue, since if you could always get one people would't feel the need to keep them. I think lots of people eat in the lounge and wouldn't want one anyway, it depends on your style. Maybe it could be something in CL rooms. I don't think any more people would steal that than any other item in a room, I don't hear about ice buckets disappearing or any other mundane non disney themed item like that.

We were only there for two nights and both nights they put out food in big serving dishes. There were mashed potatoes one night and they were very good. We were able to make a meal out of the evening offerings.

Love this about both BC and YC CL's. They make you feel like they want you to fill up plates and eat! Love that they give you the choice of dinner plates, bowls, or small plates (not sure if BC does that too?). Also, last 2 trips at YC CL, we had a couple of late nights and returned after desserts, and how nice it was to walk in lounge and be able to grab some ice cream and sit down in the lounge. Our game of choice is Yachtzee while in that lounge, so we'd have a late night snack and play a game before heading back to our room! Luckily, we learned to put cups of water or milk in our room during the day, so we'd grab them because only pop was available in the lounge after hours.

I really think I could go to Disney every month and not get tired of it! 😍
I've been there twice in the last 4 weeks and still yearn to go back!

Love this about both BC and YC CL's. They make you feel like they want you to fill up plates and eat! Love that they give you the choice of dinner plates, bowls, or small plates (not sure if BC does that too?). Also, last 2 trips at YC CL, we had a couple of late nights and returned after desserts, and how nice it was to walk in lounge and be able to grab some ice cream and sit down in the lounge. Our game of choice is Yachtzee while in that lounge, so we'd have a late night snack and play a game before heading back to our room! Luckily, we learned to put cups of water or milk in our room during the day, so we'd grab them because only pop was available in the lounge after hours.

I really think I could go to Disney every month and not get tired of it! 😍
I've been there twice in the last 4 weeks and still yearn to go back!
We found YC CL staff extremely welcoming and generous. We are booked again in October. Great service will get me back every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter