Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Wow this is so overwhelming. We have our first CL stay planned for Dec 6-12 at the Contemporary and I don't know where to start reading!

You mean you haven't made it through all 739 pages yet? ;)

This thread is long, and beware that some of the info on page 1 is pretty outdated. Might be easier to ask specific questions and we can help you out.

Here are links to a couple of my recent CR stays. Scroll through some posts as some of them aren't all back to back.

CR Atrium Club - Sept 2016

CR Atrium Club - Sept 2017

I don't think CR is the best CL (they all have pros and cons), but we really love it there. It's one of my secrete favs. Happy to answer any questions. :-)

Hi! I'm debating between staying at the BWI CL for Sunday brunch, or taking the trip over to the California Grill. I'm leaning toward having a leisurely morning at the CL. Do you remember what they served for brunch? I've heard such great things about the CG brunch that it's a tough decision! Thanks! :)

I know others have responded already; sorry I'm late with my response! Every morning at BWI-CL the breakfast is one or 2 hot items (oatmeal, Fregola, etc.), fruits (cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries), deviled or hard boiled eggs, meats (salami, various hams, etc.), assorted cheeses (chunks), salmon, pastries, muffins, bagles. There really is plenty there to eat, but Sunday mornings they also have a chef making the omelettes and the Bloody Mary fixings out!

There is no comparison to the California Grill Brunch, which is amazing, awesome, make sure you're really hungry when you go!!! But the price is right for the Club Lounge Sunday morning "brunch" - especially if you want to have a lazy morning at the resort! ;)

@GADisneyDad14 :wave: I'm sorry you didn't find the CL breakfast very appealing. Nothing you wanted? :confused3

@GADisneyDad14 :wave: I'm sorry you didn't find the CL breakfast very appealing. Nothing you wanted? :confused3

I should probably clarify. :-)

Appealing, yes! Gosh yes. Best CL breakfast option out there, by far.

But by day three of not having seen the MK and having a window before DW would be back from the half-marathon.... I decided MK rope drop was to too tempting to pass up. :rotfl:

It's funny, since this was my first real non-MK resort stay of any significance, I found myself missing it after awhile!

I should probably clarify. :-)

Appealing, yes! Gosh yes. Best CL breakfast option out there, by far.

But by day three of not having seen the MK and having a window before DW would be back from the half-marathon.... I decided MK rope drop was to too tempting to pass up. :rotfl:

It's funny, since this was my first real non-MK resort stay of any significance, I found myself missing it after awhile!

Thanks for clarifying! I knew you had high standards, but I really worried if you weren't impressed with the BWI offerings!! :rotfl:

You still have a young family. I see where you'd miss MK! ;) With all our kids grown, Epcot is the park I have trouble staying away from! :laughing:

Wow this is so overwhelming. We have our first CL stay planned for Dec 6-12 at the Contemporary and I don't know where to start reading!

Don't worry - you will have a great time. We really like the CR CL. So convenient to MK. We walked most times especially late at night when the line for the monorail was long. We really enjoyed The Wave for lunch. Have fun researching!

I've just returned from a fabulous club stay at Wilderness lodge. They met me at the door of the hotel which was wonderful and brought us straight to the lounge. We never went to the front desk. The coffee was great, they had a cappuccino maker in the lounge and Kuerig's in the room. Artisan's point makes all of the food offerings, the oatmeal each morning was so good! They put water in our room each day that we could take into the parks. In fact, they asked how many bottles we wanted each day. Lots of fresh fruit that was also good for taking into the parks. I loved the daily plans that were printed out and in our rooms when we returned each day. Wine and beer were offered all day. Very nice liqueurs and deserts at night. I loved finding my park purchases in my room rather than at the desk. To top everything off we had a perfect view of the castle. It was nice to see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night! My 8 yo granddaughter told everyone how much she was going to miss the concierge when she got home. I'm so missing them now!

We haven't stayed at the WL since the renovations. I am so glad that you liked it that much. We want to stay there again. Thanks for the post.

Thanks all for the comments on brunch.

I'm not one who #1) eats breakfast, and #2) eats a lot at one sitting.

So, since we have BWI booked for 8 nights, I'm dropping our brunch at Cali Grill.

We definitely will do some other dining options, but if I can do a few mimosas, and my DH can get an omelette (he likes those), then we're good for the morning (and may do Cali Grill one evening for apps and sushi).

I know it's not the same, but I can't eat much at one sitting. I can, however, drink! LOL

GADisneyDad14- I'm really waiting patiently for your review of the BWI CL! We will be arriving this weekend for the F&G and was hoping to hear if you liked the BWI or not. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is waiting to hear your thoughts on it.

I've just returned from a fabulous club stay at Wilderness lodge. They met me at the door of the hotel which was wonderful and brought us straight to the lounge. We never went to the front desk. The coffee was great, they had a cappuccino maker in the lounge and Kuerig's in the room. Artisan's point makes all of the food offerings, the oatmeal each morning was so good! They put water in our room each day that we could take into the parks. In fact, they asked how many bottles we wanted each day. Lots of fresh fruit that was also good for taking into the parks. I loved the daily plans that were printed out and in our rooms when we returned each day. Wine and beer were offered all day. Very nice liqueurs and deserts at night. I loved finding my park purchases in my room rather than at the desk. To top everything off we had a perfect view of the castle. It was nice to see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night! My 8 yo granddaughter told everyone how much she was going to miss the concierge when she got home. I'm so missing them now!

Wow, sounds like you had some great service! And a great time! Were you on the seventh floor? And if so, did you request it?

GADisneyDad14- I'm really waiting patiently for your review of the BWI CL! We will be arriving this weekend for the F&G and was hoping to hear if you liked the BWI or not. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is waiting to hear your thoughts on it.

Hey @Disneytam! Your trip is close. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just got back today and have been going through my pics (therapy for me!). I will admit, I was reminded on this trip how it can be easy to get a little over-hyped on certain things by reading these boards. I've read mostly glowing reviews about BWI CL for years around here, so was super excited to try it. But like all CLs, there are some things that are done exceptionally well, and some that just so-so. Let me get my thoughts in order and I'll post more soon!

Alright... several posts and pictures coming. Apologies for being a thread hog for a few minutes here.

Just got back from a three night stay at BWI CL. A few points:
  • This was an adults-only trip (for the first time in forever!)
  • DW stayed at BWI CL last year, but this was my first time there (our prior stays have almost exclusively been at the MK resorts)
  • We were there for DW to do the Princess Challenge, which made an Epcot resort an ideal spot
  • In complete fairness... I do not think three nights is enough time to get a "full body of work" picture of any given CL; I think it takes a longer trip and multiple stays to really get to know a place - given our limited trip and busy schedule, we didn't get to enjoy as much lounge time as we might otherwise
  • My thoughts are mostly positive, but I will give a "needs improvement" grade in some areas (gosh, how snotty does that sound?) - to be discussed later
Will focus mostly on pics and add some thoughts in the end.

So here goes....

Hey @Disneytam! Your trip is close. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just got back today and have been going through my pics (therapy for me!). I will admit, I was reminded on this trip how it can be easy to get a little over-hyped on certain things by reading these boards. I've read mostly glowing reviews about BWI CL for years around here, so was super excited to try it. But like all CLs, there are some things that are done exceptionally well, and some that just so-so. Let me get my thoughts in order and I'll post more soon!
I couldn't agree more! That's why I always tell everyone that they have to try it out for themselves to see if they like it or not. Example I have been going to Disney since 1991 and have stayed at every deluxe resort except the Poly. I have had the Poly CL booked a couple of times but always seem to change it. I think I am just afraid that it is to over hyped and that I will be disappointed. We have stayed at the Contemp. and Hated it! I don't think I would take a free trip there but I know others love it and would stay no where's else.

Looking forward to what you have to say about the BWI! It's been a really rough couple of months for us so we are really looking forward to a quick getaway.

To be honest, the layout of BWI has always been a complete mystery to me from afar. For someone used to the relatively 'basic' layouts of the MK resorts, this place is a different animal.

I booked a Standard Room, which I think is the only bookable option at the moment since they took away Boardwalk View as a booking category. Here's a map of the 4th Floor:

4th Floor.png

Most CL rooms are "inside the door" although there are some that are outside the door as well. We were in Room 4269, which you see in dark red above - which is "outside" the door. We were close to where the "outside the door" rooms start. Our room was a 57 second walk to the lounge - so not bad at all.

Missing a letter....
IMG_5507.jpg

View right....
View Right.jpg

Another daytime view... very pretty...
View-Day.jpg

They do the nighttime movie on the lawn, as you can see here....
View-Sunset.jpg

Hard to really capture everything in a pic. This room location was probably the second best option over a direct Boardwalk View room.
View-Panorama.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments on brunch.

I'm not one who #1) eats breakfast, and #2) eats a lot at one sitting.

So, since we have BWI booked for 8 nights, I'm dropping our brunch at Cali Grill.

We definitely will do some other dining options, but if I can do a few mimosas, and my DH can get an omelette (he likes those), then we're good for the morning (and may do Cali Grill one evening for apps and sushi).

I know it's not the same, but I can't eat much at one sitting. I can, however, drink! LOL
From the comments, it seems that everyone who has had the CG brunch really likes it, and I have to admit that I’m curious. But since Sunday “brunch” at BWI is their best breakfast offered for the week, I personally would just rather book a CG or Narcoossee’s dinner and watch fireworks from there too::yes::! But I will say that BWI breakfast does fit my lazy morning style:rotfl:! An omelette and a mimosa sounds perfect to me, but I also have to be honest about the fact that DD14 and I can’t eat gluten so going to a brunch with tons of delicious pastries and Belgian waffles won’t really work for us. But a filet and garlic whipped potatoes we can do!!

Some room pics....

Keurig coffee machine....
Coffee+Fridge.jpg

Standard setup... dorm fridge (no freezer)....
Fridge.jpg

Fridge2.jpg

Robes and slippers.....
Robes.jpg

Not much of a safe if you have anything of size...
Safe2.jpg

Somewhat basic setup I guess...
Toiletries.jpg

More in the shower....
Toiletries 2.jpg

The room has abundant outlets and USB ports throughout. I might want that lamp.
Desk4.jpg

Unfortunately these rooms have the motion sensor HVAC terribly placed out of range of the beds (in this room at least). I'd google the override feature if important to you. Ours would click off completely at night and the room would get warm.
Room.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the infamous Innkeeper's door...
Innkeeper's Club Door.jpg

This is the only CL CM desk. There is another stand-up desk near the lounge, but it was never staffed. I'll get into our check-in experience later, but it was awkward to both wait and check-in in this tiny space.
CL Desk.jpg

A MB scanner opens the door.
Innkeeper's Club MB Scanner.jpg

Here's the atrium area outside of the lounge. Stand-up CL desk there on the right, lounge doors straight/left, restroom is that left door. The CLs that have a restroom are always nice for check-in and departure days.
Atrium Outside Lounge.jpg

No kid setup in this lounge, just a living room TV arrangement.
IMG_5348.jpg

These are a nice touch.
Fancy Newspapers.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast was more or less 'standard' CL, but nicely prepared/presented and some interesting options for sure. The "cinnamon maple butter" there on the right was A-MAZ-ING.
Breads & Jelly-Jam.jpg

More bread options.
Breads.jpg

Local organic eggs. I can guaranty you the hard boiled eggs at Poly CL are neither local nor organic. :-) These alternated with deviled eggs on some mornings.
Hard Boiled Eggs.jpg

The mother-load on Sunday mornings... WOW!
Omelette Station.jpg

Salmon, cheese, bread, and plenty of topings.
Salmon, Cheese, Etc.jpg

Cereal is not out, but available upon request.
Cereal.jpg

Other breakfast options included oatmeal and grits which alternated with a grits-like option (not sure what it was called but it was also incredible!).

Last edited:
Really nice variety of afternoon snacks. Definitely enough to get some mileage if you miss lunch or just need a snack.

Make your own trail mix.
Build Your Own Trailmix.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies, Wild Cherry Gummy Bears, Silver Carmel Chocolate Balls, Hershey's Chocolate Hugs & Kisses, Taffy, Rock Candy, Oatmeal cookies. Love it. :-)
Candy & Sweets.jpg

Mini-sandwiches.
Italion Meat Sandwhiches.jpg

Mini-PBJ another day.
PBJ Sliders.jpg

Lorenzo loved making the popcorn - they bring out a little air pop machine. Smells great and lots of fun.
Popcorn & Chips.jpg

Unique toppings and sauces.
Spreads.jpg

A veggie plate another day.
Veggies & Dip2.jpg

Other breakfast options included oatmeal and grits which alternated with a grits-like option (not sure what it was called but it was also incredible!).[/QUOTE]

I think it’s called Fregola. It’s my favorite! Thanks for your amazing pictures. GADisneyDad14.

89 more days till DH and I are at Disney enjoying our Grand Floridian RPC/Boardwalk Inn club level split stay. :dogdance:

Ok, I have a MAJOR FAIL when it comes to evening apps. This is absolutely the shining star of BWI CL but we were really only around one night. I guess that gives me a reason to go back!

Meat selection.
Cheese & Meats.jpg

Really, really good clam chowder.
Clam Chowder.jpg

Small plates are nicely sized. Not too big, not too small (looking at you Poly).
Evening Apps.jpg

This was a meatball and pasta.
Meatballs.jpg

Scallops. Ok, of course, they were awesome. But to nit-pick - the ventilation for the cooking in the lounge is terrible. You may walk out smelling like what you're eating.
Scallops & Meatballs.jpg

More of the scallops. These are cooked right there in the lounge.
Scallops.jpg

Small Plates.jpg Vegetable Pasta.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter