Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Is it possible to get champagne at the morning service in Sugar Loaf? I'd like to start my days with a mimosa so I can handle the crowds at the park. I'm a bit high strung and don't care for crowds but I love Disney so what's a girl to do? LOL.

From my perspective, morning drinking is a much more fun topic than discussing paying for FPs. I kid, I kid. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

One thing I've been doing lately is bringing a Turvis/Yeti/similar type of cup. It can come in handy for 'to-go' beverages plus keeps drinks cool (or hot), especially for pool time. And monorail security doesn't bug you about what's in them. Not that I know anything about that or anything.

DW got fancy with her Cricut and made the attached for the last trip.

Attachments

• Image 2017-12-19_09-20-11-736.jpeg
    Image 2017-12-19_09-20-11-736.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hi all - I'm learning so much in these threads, thanks! I just booked my first Poly stay, and my first CL stay. We're only there 2 nights, before a cruise, but I am psyched to do this!

So I booked the CL stay and then realized (via this thread) that alcohol is included in the lounge. Score! Lol. What are some other ways I can squeeze value out of this stay? I booked a breakfast for me & the kids, and now I'm realizing that maybe we should just eat in the lounge. What else?

Poly CL - Fun! Poly CL has arguably the best alcohol setup at the moment. Beers are in the fridge and self-serve from roughly noon-10pm. At most other CLs it's upon request during the day and usually at a station served by a CM during the evenings.

"Value" means different things for different people, so that's a tough one to answer I guess. For us, we 'typically' eat breakfast in the lounge, a larger late lunch our and about, and we can make a meal out of evening apps (especially the kids... give them some PBJs and they're good). I don't necessarily do that to get "value" out of the extra cost of CL, we more do it because it fits out park and resort style. But we don't always manage our days that way.

I generally do a non-CL breakfast at least once a trip, just for something different.

One fun/reasonably cost Poly option is ordering the "Ohana Twilight Feast" via room service. It's the same food available at Ohana, has huge portions, and is generally pretty popular. $40 for an adult serving and $20 for kids serving.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post!

From my perspective, morning drinking is a much more fun topic than discussing paying for FPs. I kid, I kid. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

One thing I've been doing lately is bringing a Turvis/Yeti/similar type of cup. It can come in handy for 'to-go' beverages plus keeps drinks cool (or hot), especially for pool time. And monorail security doesn't bug you about what's in them. Not that I know anything about that or anything.

DW got fancy with her Cricut and made the attached for the last trip.

Haha! Yes morning drinking is a much better topic. Cute cups! I may or may not happen to know that security doesn't question the WDW refill mugs either.

"Value" means different things for different people, so that's a tough one to answer I guess. For us, we 'typically' eat breakfast in the lounge, a larger late lunch our and about, and we can make a meal out of evening apps (especially the kids... give them some PBJs and they're good). I don't necessarily do that to get "value" out of the extra cost of CL, we more do it because it fits out park and resort style. But we don't always manage our days that way.

This is exactly what we try to do. We always eat breakfast in the lounge (I love me some oatmeal and my kids love the cinnamon rolls and hardboiled eggs) and I always aim for a big lunch so we can make do with the appetizers.

This past trip that didn't quite work out as we did a lot of dinner shows (or overlapping dessert parties). So we missed all but two appetizer courses, I think.

I spoke with a phone CM tonight, who actually seemed pretty well versed in this and she told me that the 6 cannot overlap in time or attractions. So no you could not have two FOP in the same day.

If this winds up being true about the time overlaps, this is probably for the best (for me), because it will keep me from adding it to every trip. I'm OK with the no duplication of rides, but I want 6 FP over 3 hours (not 6 hours).

Totally agree! We are typically 3-4 hours park time total per day because we love pool/lounge time! However, I was thinking we could maybe add one FP to our usual three and then do the other two between appetizers and desserts?? I hope that for a trip longer than 3 days you can choose which days you want your extra FPs rather than having to do the 3 days in succession...so we can add in our usual fave restaurants a few nights! If we can spread them out, it may actually give us enough time to dedicate a whole day (or more) to resort time...or something else entirely! This really could make the trips more relaxed! But again, I guess we need details!

Hi Dispro1 :wave2: We don't like to go to the parks for longer than 3-4 hours at a time. The lounge and the pool beckon (as you already know).

This! We have been going two and sometimes three times a year for the past 20 years. There is nothing I am willing to spend almost $17 per person to ride. I am spending almost a thousand dollars a night for a room, obviously an extra $100 a day isn't going to break the bank, I just choose to spend my money on other things. The parks are not the focus of our trips now, we spend a few hours in the parks and the rest of the time is spent enjoying the resort. DL has paid FP's...is this the start of charging for them at WDW?

Hi Maxie86 :wave2: I agree it's quite a lot for a ride when you consider what the cost of a park ticket is plus the CL costs... I keep wondering if they are going to move to a paid FP app like they just did in DL. Not loving this.

Admittedly cynical comment, but any thoughts on how badly Disney and/or DSS can screw up this rollout tomorrow?

This offering seems to have so many nuanced components, many with no clarity at this early stage. This involves a combination of DSS, Disney IT, park ops for reserved areas, CL CMs, etc. It seems like the chance of inaccurate or incomplete info could be very high!

(Said as I set a calendar reminder to call DSS at 9AM....:rolleyes1)

:rotfl: Well said. Again we have a shift in policy and no clear understanding. I guess we will have to wait until it rolls out and people here tell us what's the real deal. (Like the dog thing, not to bring that one up again.)

It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one who'd like to toss one back so early in the morning. I generally don't unless it's Easter or Mother's Day brunch but I've decided it's time to start making it my ritual on park days. Thanks for the input.

Good luck to those calling DSS today. NO WAY they can handle the initial call volume I suspect. Doesn’t it roll to voicemail if no one is available? It’s not like calling the main line where you can be on hold.

Going to be a lot of dialing and redialing! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

If this winds up being true about the time overlaps, this is probably for the best (for me), because it will keep me from adding it to every trip. I'm OK with the no duplication of rides, but I want 6 FP over 3 hours (not 6 hours).
At that price there should be overlaps allowed and at least 2x per ride available, per day.

I think Disney throws out their ideal money making scheme and just waits for the backlash so they can fine-tune it.

Hi all - I'm learning so much in these threads, thanks! I just booked my first Poly stay, and my first CL stay. We're only there 2 nights, before a cruise, but I am psyched to do this!

Congrats on booking your first Poly and CL stay! We haven't stayed CL at the Poly, but the resort overall is amazing and we love everything about it! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Thank you!! Looking forward to it.

You're welcome :goodvibes.

Last edited:
Good luck to those calling DSS today. NO WAY they can handle the initial call volume I suspect. Doesn’t it roll to voicemail if no one is available? It’s not like calling the main line where you can be on hold.

Going to be a lot of dialing and redialing! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Correcting myself, you can be on hold with DSS. Lovely music! :rolleyes1

Just spoke to DSS, only five minute wait. So you do have pay for 3 days worth, it is per person. Tier system does not apply and can do multiple parks. You have to make the selections through them, cannotbe done online. Same with the night time viewing. Then you book your regular FP at 60 day mark online. I am at 89 days so can call back any time. Have to figure out my schedule before calling back. Hope this helps.

Correcting myself, you can be on hold with DSS. Lovely music! :rolleyes1

I don’t mind listening to the music from the Haunted Mansion and other park music, but after listening to “it’s a small world “ for...45 straight minutes (broken tape?) two years ago; it made me want to pull my hair out. :crazy:

This made me not want to ever ride The it’s a small world ride ever again. o_O

Poly CL - Fun! Poly CL has arguably the best alcohol setup at the moment. Beers are in the fridge and self-serve from roughly noon-10pm. At most other CLs it's upon request during the day and usually at a station served by a CM during the evenings.

I generally do a non-CL breakfast at least once a trip, just for something different.

One fun/reasonably cost Poly option is ordering the "Ohana Twilight Feast" via room service. It's the same food available at Ohana, has huge portions, and is generally pretty popular. $40 for an adult serving and $20 for kids serving.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post!

Thanks!! By squeezing extra value, I basically meant, not wasting money by missing out on things I could be using. Like, buying a last beer at the pool bar to take back to my room, rather than just using the lounge.

My kids are pretty much addicted to bacon, so yeah I think we'll go to the restaurant. I love the idea of going to the lounge and getting a morning mimosa, omg, I love those things.

I am so freaking psyched for this stay. :) :)

Just spoke to DSS, only five minute wait. So you do have pay for 3 days worth, it is per person. Tier system does not apply and can do multiple parks. You have to make the selections through them, cannotbe done online. Same with the night time viewing. Then you book your regular FP at 60 day mark online. I am at 89 days so can call back any time. Have to figure out my schedule before calling back. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update/info :flower3:.

I just spoke to DSS. I was told the fast pass thing is a pilot program and if your reservation is after April, you cannot sign up yet. They suggested calling back shortly before the 90 day mark. They did confirm that the fps were nontiered and could be booked in more than 1 park in the same day.

Has anyone asked about overlapping times with the other FP?

I was planning on calling this AM but my kids have a snow day and I’m way behind for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter