• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This is OT for this thread (I'm sorry) but I have a WWYD question and I trust the judgement of folks around here. Also just blowing off some steam so bare with me.

We usually use a car service to/from MCO. We've used Tiffany Towncar bunches of times but our favorite driver recently left and we just weren't feeling the two drivers we had on our last trip. For this trip, we opted to try FL Tours as they seem to get positive reviews around the boards.

Our MCO to Disney segment was excellent... great car, great driver, A++.

The Disney to MCO trip today was a totally different story. Car was old/dirty... had 184,000 miles on the odometer. It had a horrible cigarette smoke stench, either from the current driver smoking in the car or from a long history of being smoked in. The car was clean enough, but with the type of worn leather and floorboard stains you'd expect from a car with 184,000 miles on it. It was a very unpleasant 40 minute trip, primarily due to the cigarette smoke smell.

I am not one to get up in arms about things.... I can roll with the punches most of the time. But I was (and still am) absolutely livid. I 'almost' refused service right there at CR and was going to insist on them sending another car, but I 1) didn't want to make a scene in front of my son and 2) couldn't really risk being late to the flight.

I plan on writing FL Tours and also posting my review on the Transportation board, but just curious... are my expectations too high in regards to a car service?

FL Tours might be one and done for me.

No, if I was paying the rates that go with a car service I would be livid too.
We tried a car service once and honestly, found I prefer Uber/Lyft so that's what we use, even before they can pick up at the airport.
Now, with regular Uber being able to pick up, it was a very pleasant ride last week. The cars are always newer too

And this...kind of seals the deal for me. Too many reports of this nature as of late.

Our family has a reservation for a Deluxe room at BC for the Marathon in January. With all the reports of CL amenities diminishing I was seriously questioning my decision for such an expensive room. As a family of 5 with 2 teens, one tween and 3 of us participating in events that weekend we wanted the extra space. We will *save* a huge chunk of change getting 2 rooms at a mod. and get more room. We can then use that change to buy refreshments for our room-which we can open at our leisure. Will we have more space and privacy for DH and I as well as the girls. The oldest is turning 18 soon leaving no worries as far as distance from each other or connecting-as long as we are close.
We just had a fabulous BC CL stay. I was sweating it from the recent posts leading up to it. Our experience though was great and could not have been more different than the one from the other poster who was there the same week we were. I'll post more later when I get a chance but did want to say I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I'd look forward to it.

I
This is OT for this thread (I'm sorry) but I have a WWYD question and I trust the judgement of folks around here. Also just blowing off some steam so bare with me.

We usually use a car service to/from MCO. We've used Tiffany Towncar bunches of times but our favorite driver recently left and we just weren't feeling the two drivers we had on our last trip. For this trip, we opted to try FL Tours as they seem to get positive reviews around the boards.

The Disney to MCO trip today was a totally different story. Car was old/dirty... had 184,000 miles on the odometer. It had a horrible cigarette smoke stench, either from the current driver smoking in the car or from a long history of being smoked in. The car was clean enough, but with the type of worn leather and floorboard stains you'd expect from a car with 184,000 miles on it. It was a very unpleasant 40 minute trip, primarily due to the cigarette smoke smell.

I am not one to get up in arms about things.... I can roll with the punches most of the time. But I was (and still am) absolutely livid. I 'almost' refused service right there at CR and was going to insist on them sending another car, but I 1) didn't want to make a scene in front of my son and 2) couldn't really risk being late to the flight.

I plan on writing FL Tours and also posting my review on the Transportation board, but just curious... are my expectations too high in regards to a car service?

If you were paying town car rates then I don't think your expectations were too high. I don't mind a high odometer, but old and run down is a different story. The cigarette smell is completely unacceptable. The ride you describe is a typical car service here. When you get a town car, I expect at least business level. I would definitely write to the company you used. Sorry that was the ending to your trip.

We just had a fabulous BC CL stay. I was sweating it from the recent posts leading up to it. Our experience though was great and could not have been more different than the one from the other poster who was there the same week we were. I'll post more later when I get a chance but did want to say I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I'd look forward to it.

I'm guessing you were there the same time as me since I've wrote I wasn't impressed. I was there the 15-23rd. I didn't hate it but I wouldn't stay again. Even my 13yo wants to go back to the poly. We'll have to compare notes later lol.

Great to hear you had a nice stay at BC CL since we will be there in April, and I was getting a little concerned about all the reports at BC.
Following my earlier post, I think the biggest issue with CL right now is consistency. It should not be luck of the draw on getting a nice experience at CL. It should be uniform as to the extras, ie turndown, delivery, greetings etc. It is not an argument as to whether any of those individual items are "needed", strictly speaking nothing in CL is "needed". What I see from these posts is that people are frustrated that the service at CL is not consistent. Turndown service is a perfect example, it is just a little perk, but it should not depend on what resort you stay at or that you know to request it, since they do not make it clear it is something you can request.
All of those little extras for CL make you feel special, bottom line a lot of people are not feeling all that special. Of course there are exceptions, and of course people tend to go online and complain more than compliment. But looking at the numerous posts here leaves the definite impression CL is changing, and not in a good way.

Great to hear you had a nice stay at BC CL since we will be there in April, and I was getting a little concerned about all the reports at BC.
Following my earlier post, I think the biggest issue with CL right now is consistency. It should not be luck of the draw on getting a nice experience at CL. It should be uniform as to the extras, ie turndown, delivery, greetings etc. It is not an argument as to whether any of those individual items are "needed", strictly speaking nothing in CL is "needed". What I see from these posts is that people are frustrated that the service at CL is not consistent. Turndown service is a perfect example, it is just a little perk, but it should not depend on what resort you stay at or that you know to request it, since they do not make it clear it is something you can request.
All of those little extras for CL make you feel special, bottom line a lot of people are not feeling all that special. Of course there are exceptions, and of course people tend to go online and complain more than compliment. But looking at the numerous posts here leaves the definite impression CL is changing, and not in a good way.
Totally hear you on the inconsistencies and completely agree. We did a split Poly CL and BC CL and there were differences. Did not get turn down service on our first day at either resort. Did get it the rest of the Poly stay without asking, read here you need to ask at BC, asked and received the rest of the stay (not that anyone should have to ask!). Consistent housekeeping at both. Did receive a personalized note at Poly, not at BC. Did not receive printed itineraries at either. Met by a greeter upon arriving at Poly. Arrived by uber after a park day at BC so can't compare there, but immediately found a CM with an iPad who took us upstairs. Welcome drink at BC, not at Poly. Welcome homes when returning to BC, not at Poly. What appeared to be the lounge manager buzzing around BC every day checking on guests, not at Poly.

Overall a better experience at BC than Poly, but that was from the more subjective experiences.

My last stay at the BC CL was in January of this year. We went with my son and his family along with friends of theirs who had never been. I love staying at the BW, but it is not always available to me with my cast discount, so I take the BC. I was not impressed at all with our stay in January, so when I went to book our trip for September, I booked just a water view room, no club level this trip. Just not worth the money anymore. The cast just is not happy and out going, except for maybe one or two. There is no interaction with guests. I felt like I was bothering them when asking a question.

I lucked out for my birthday trip in December and got the Boardwalk CL, so I am a very happy person.

Totally hear you on the inconsistencies and completely agree. We did a split Poly CL and BC CL and there were differences. Did not get turn down service on our first day at either resort. Did get it the rest of the Poly stay without asking, read here you need to ask at BC, asked and received the rest of the stay (not that anyone should have to ask!). Consistent housekeeping at both. Did receive a personalized note at Poly, not at BC. Did not receive printed itineraries at either. Met by a greeter upon arriving at Poly. Arrived by uber after a park day at BC so can't compare there, but immediately found a CM with an iPad who took us upstairs. Welcome drink at BC, not at Poly. Welcome homes when returning to BC, not at Poly. What appeared to be the lounge manager buzzing around BC every day checking on guests, not at Poly.

Overall a better experience at BC than Poly, but that was from the more subjective experiences.

See, so different! Poly I had a welcome drink. At the BC check in the said the lounge is open if you want to grab a drink. NO one checked on us once the whole BC stay. We went to the lounge daily. I was never asked how we were or how our trip was, nothing. We must have been in at completely different times lol. NO one was friendly to us and I talk to anyone and everyone so I know it's not because I'm unapproachable. I always smiled and said please and thank you when asking for things. I literally stood 10-15 minutes one night waiting by the beer/wine while 2 cms chatted up someone else nearby. I know they saw me. Then another time I was waiting, maybe 5-10 minutes again for a drink and a cm came over when she saw me, then a guest came over just as I was asking and the CM proceeded to refill his wine and talk to him for a few minutes. Of course the guest was rude for walking in front of me but the CM saw me waiting and was talking to me. She should have helped me first. If there weren't several times I felt ignored it wouldn't have bothered me but it seemed to be a theme. I have up waiting for a drink at least 5 times. Dh had the same experience as well. I saw others have great service and others not so much. We did encounter some nice cms but it seemed overall that I was a bother. Honestly, if we had 2 drinks a day, that was a lot, so it wasn't that I was there asking constantly.

My daughter decided she would handle this (it is just the two of us this trip as she is starting the Disney college program next week and I came to help get her settled) so she went to complain in the lounge. The CL CM told her no more greetings (which I am aware was the case last year but then it seemed they were doing it sporadically again), no more arrival gifts, no more printed itineraries, severely reduced staffing and club level budgets.

We can really see the decline in the breakfast and dessert offerings, many times items have not been replenished halfway through the service. The food is very meager to begin with and lacking quality. I think back to the first six or seven years of our trips and the difference is really stunning.
What is the point of paying for CL if it is going in this direction? I also read where someone said that the lounge was being closed during the day at the Yacht Club, any clue about that?

Bizarro world in CL continues. When I first joined here several years ago, it seemed like BC CL would consistently get rave reviews and places like Poly would get terrible food and CM reviews... like really bad... but people would put up with it given the lounge/view. Now things at Poly are generally pretty strong in terms of food/CMs and people aren't loving BC!

What is the point of paying for CL if it is going in this direction? I also read where someone said that the lounge was being closed during the day at the Yacht Club, any clue about that?

The lounges at BC/YC have historically closed in between services during the day, which is different than most of the other CLs.

We also use a town car service, though neither of the two companies you mentioned. We've used Orlando Airport Towncar for our last 4 trips and have never had an issue. If we got a smokey smelling vehicle like the one you just experienced, I would most definitely not be happy and I would voice my concerns similarly. I understand not wanting to make a scene in front of family (or anyone). I don't think your expectations are too high at all. Towncar service is not cheap. We do it, rather than Uber or Lyft, because we like knowing in advance that a driver/car with carseat/booster will be waiting for us at baggage claim when we arrive. It's amazingly convenient and gets us on the road very quickly. Part of the deal, though, is a clean, comfortable vehicle. Not getting that is a deal breaker in my opinion.

Bizarro world in CL continues. When I first joined here several years ago, it seemed like BC CL would consistently get rave reviews and places like Poly would get terrible food and CM reviews... like really bad... but people would put up with it given the lounge/view. Now things at Poly are generally pretty strong in terms of food/CMs and people aren't loving BC!

Strange indeed! I'm one that used to love BC CL, even with the old (tiny) lounge. Though for us, I'd say the thing that kept us returning to BC CL was more about the resort itself. We really like it there, love the pool, love walking to 2 parks. The CL part is just an added perk for us, especially the ability to grab a quick breakfast and drinks all day/night. The overall CL food and CL CMs don't really factor into our enjoyment (unless we have an overly awful experience...don't think we ever have?).

I also find it interesting how the CLs went through a cutback phase a couple years ago, then were revamped and better than ever, now I keep reading cutbacks again? Seems so weird, not sure what is going on. Our CL stays so far this year have shown great improvements in the food, such as a chef going to GF CLs on certain days for special preparations, Poly's much improved food options particularly during the afternoon hours, BWI having the omelet station on Sunday mornings, etc. Hope they don't decide to discontinue all of these improvements!

See, so different! Poly I had a welcome drink. At the BC check in the said the lounge is open if you want to grab a drink. NO one checked on us once the whole BC stay. We went to the lounge daily. I was never asked how we were or how our trip was, nothing. We must have been in at completely different times lol. NO one was friendly to us and I talk to anyone and everyone so I know it's not because I'm unapproachable. I always smiled and said please and thank you when asking for things. I literally stood 10-15 minutes one night waiting by the beer/wine while 2 cms chatted up someone else nearby. I know they saw me. Then another time I was waiting, maybe 5-10 minutes again for a drink and a cm came over when she saw me, then a guest came over just as I was asking and the CM proceeded to refill his wine and talk to him for a few minutes. Of course the guest was rude for walking in front of me but the CM saw me waiting and was talking to me. She should have helped me first. If there weren't several times I felt ignored it wouldn't have bothered me but it seemed to be a theme. I have up waiting for a drink at least 5 times. Dh had the same experience as well. I saw others have great service and others not so much. We did encounter some nice cms but it seemed overall that I was a bother. Honestly, if we had 2 drinks a day, that was a lot, so it wasn't that I was there asking constantly.
Boy, we really did have polar opposite stays and if that had been my BC experience, I wouldn't have enjoyed it either!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again, but the edge from this trip definitely goes to BC.

Desk CMs were fine at both, but better at BC. Last year at Poly they were able to help move around FPs, we had some pixie dust, and they helped with ordering the Ohana Twilight feast. This year at Poly the other family traveling with us asked them to see if they could adjust FPs (same rides, but move times) closer/match our times and the reply was we can only see what you see in the app for FPs and gave the vibe to just do it ourselves.

One night, while at Trader Sam's we used the texting service to ask if they could place an order of the Ohana Feast for us. After no reply in 30 minutes we left Trader Sam's and went back to Hawaii. We asked the desk CMs about helping us with the order and they told us they couldn't, that we needed to do it from our room phone and to call private dining. So we did that then went to the lounge for a drink. About 10 minutes later we finally got a text back that they could order for us. That would have been great had they responded when we first texted and not 40 minutes and a can't help you later.

Conversely our last day at BC, FOP was down all morning and we had early afternoon FPs. We had planned our whole day around that FP. The BC CM was really kind about how much that would stink, talked with us about what we may be able to do if it's down during our window, and when we returned later, asked if we got to ride it and what we did all day. Made me feel like he was invested.

Back to the Poly lounge itself. What a difference in the food offerings from last year. Everything that has been mentioned here with the small plates, shrimp tarts, roast beef crostinis, plus potstickers and different tuna every night. Protein at breakfasts, different lettuce wraps during the snacks. Variety of desserts including yummy macaroons. However the one unwelcome beverage change (in our party's opinion) was replacing the Blue Moon with the Bud Light. Now I'm a dark beer drinker, love stouts, porters, black ale etc so the beer in CL is never my jam and I know that going in. I don't mind a wheat/Blue Moon in a pinch but never, ever would I reach for a Bud Light. Other options were Angry Orchard and a Longboard Lager, neither which I care for. Wine was average.

The real big big turn off was the running out and early shut down of lounge feeling from several of the CMs. One night by 9:10 or so they had run out of Bailey's. When asked if they were bringing out more the answer was no they are out. Pretty unacceptable to be out of cordials during cordial hour. I will say though that after asking two CMs, Normita - who is outstanding - went above and beyond and came over to us and said while they didn't have any more, she was going to send someone to the bar and get a glass for us. She was by far the best CM we encountered last year and this year.

They had also stopped stocking the fridge with beer by 9:10ish and by 9:30 they started cleaning up, putting away dessert offerings. Several guests were asking for beer and I overheard one CM tell another how guests were getting unhappy and they've told XX before that beer needs to stocked in the fridge until 10pm and then the CM brought a bunch out. They also ran out of oatmeal one morning with the same "we're out".

The happily ever after fireworks from the beach/lounge were okay, but nothing special. Hallowishes OTOH, was incredible. Oh how didn't know how much I'd missed it until I saw it.

Over at BC, the food was also much improved from the last time we were there, and personal preference, I preferred BC. Enjoyed the BBQ, shrimp ceviche, salads more. Also, while the beer was no better, BC had sangria and a really good red that I would buy at home. Desserts never rotated like the did at Poly.

Lastly, despite the scheduled BC lounge closings that I worried about, we never felt like we were kicked out, rather we were welcomed to stay during set up/break down. Even at close, the CMs came around kind of like a last call to make sure people's drinks were full, plates full etc. just good energy.

While we did chat a lot more with some Poly CMs, we found the Poly CMs to be either fully engaged and chatty, or lackluster. At BC, while I didn't find them to personally chit chat like some at Poly, I do feel like the overall service vibe was better at BC, from the bartender, to the rovers, Hope the lounge manager, to in general making sure we being taken care of.

I find it interesting seeing these comments about the decrease in services for CL. I dont have nearly the amount of experience in CL as others here, our first family trip to Disney was 2016 AKL CL. We are going again this April and will be split stay BC CL, and hoping for WL CL to open up. From what I see in the comments Disney is going a different direction with CL, and is not a direction we as CL customers are looking for.
This is the CL thread so I feel comfortable stating some things that may sound "snobby" but reality is we are paying more and we want to feel special. You can see from the comments that people like being greeted at arrival, like having the itinerary in room, turn down service, etc. It is missed because we like feeling special. I know on our first trip I chose CL because I wanted to have a little extra special attention. When we went to London earlier this year we stayed at a very special boutique hotel with a suite and we were made to feel like royalty, everyone knows your name and they anticipate your needs, different treats every night at turndown. Yes it was expensive but it made our trip special and the kids will not forget it.
It seems like Disney is considering CL to just be access to the lounge and the room experience will be the same as everyone else. It will be interesting to see if this will remain being popular with CL guests. I guess an analogy would be airline lounge access for frequent fliers, nice to have access to the lounge but once you are on the plane you are the same as everyone else.
I do like the lounge access for CL, it works for us for breakfast especially. Picky eaters that need to eat fairly early in the morning. But we dont drink so the value is not as great for us as it is for others. If we dont get the WL CL it will be interesting to see how we like the entire vacation with one part CL and one part non-CL.
I joke with people when they ask me if I like to camp, and I say I am a guy who likes a mint on my pillow at night, lol. I am one that works hard and when I go on vacation like a little pampering, feel special. I think Disney may be misunderstanding what we CL guests are looking for. I could be wrong of course.
Perhaps if they want to get away from making the room experience special then maybe they would consider other things that would not cost them money. Perhaps give CL guests earlier access to FP, say 65 days, same with ADRs. Just throwing that out there, I am sure others will say that is impossible.
All I am saying is that at the end of the day Disney will need to understand we are looking for something special when we book CL, not just lounge access. Sorry for the long post from a newbie. But as a PP mentioned maybe if enough of us speak up Disney will reconsider some of the changes they have made.

Absolutely! DH and I decided on the location and room type because of the specifics of our trip-anniversary, last trip as a family of 5 for some time and the marathon. However, although I reserved the room to be pampered-if the pampering that I thought I signed up for isn't happening then we'll just move along. We've stayed at Poly CL and YC CL before and loved Poly the most but also the convenience factor and the bevvies. We are keeping our first night's reservation because it's a comp room but other than that if CL is not anything special then what's the point?

@GoGoBeans So are you saying Bud Light has replaced Blue Moon recently? I hope I didn't have something to do with that. I wrote a comment after a few stays earlier this year when they had removed Bud Light. Sometimes I don't like all those heavier beers and do like a light beer option, especially when lounging around Poly. Sorry! :-)

@GoGoBeans So are you saying Bud Light has replaced Blue Moon recently? I hope I didn't have something to do with that. I wrote a comment after a few stays earlier this year when they had removed Bud Light. Sometimes I don't like all those heavier beers and do like a light beer option, especially when lounging around Poly. Sorry! :-)
Bud Light, Gad? You're now batting .995 on this board.

Ha! It must have been you. :rolleyes1 They did replace Blue Moon with Bud Light. When we checked in the desk CM was talking about the changes since we were there last year and she said mostly for the better, referencing the food, with the notable exception of the beer change. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter