Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello all. We will be doing a split stay in August and have some room requests. Should we contact the IPL with our requests? If so, how far in advance should we do that?

IPO is now Disney Signature Services (DSS). E-Mail is: disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

You can e-mail them at any time, just include both of your confirmation numbers in the e-mail, assuming you're sending requests on both reservations. (Although if I can be candid, I'm so anal about room requests I'd probably do it in two separate e-mails at different times just to make sure I don't confuse the CM by dealing with two reservations)

Rooms are assigned roughly 5-7 days out, so you can do it now, or wait. I usually do it once I book just so I don't forget later.

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Two quick questions - we've got a standard club room at BWI booked for mid-September, for our second trip to the world & specifically Food & Wine. Our previous trip was to POFQ, and we had snacks/water/beer delivered to our room from Garden Grocer. We're looking forward to the snacks/beer available to us in the lounge, but I'm curious about bottles of water. On our last trip we tried very hard to stay hydrated and each carried a bottle of water every day. Is it worth us shipping water to the room in advance? Or will that be available in the lounge?

My second question is about the standard room view versus a boardwalk view. Back when I first booked the room, I was confused about the different view types so I called and was told that the only difference in club rooms was standard and deluxe. Now there's a third "boardwalk" view category that wasn't available previously. I'm taking that to mean that our balcony will face EPCOT, and not the Boardwalk? (And if so, is it worth the upcharge for a boardwalk view?)

Hopefully I can help, we love the BWI CL!! The CM in the Lounge do hand out water bottles (they are the mini dasani bottles- not the 16oz ones). They will also fill up your water bottles to go if you would like. They are very generous- I don't know if it would be worth it to ship water. I would probably just buy a few bottles of water in the sundries store and refill them, freeze them in the room fridge, and go. So- CL has 2 types of views: Standard View, and Boardwalk view. The Deluxe Rooms (which are larger in size) are in the gardens I believe or in some areas in the building. We had 2 views at the BW- both were Standard View- 1 had a view of the Eiffel Tower in Epcot's France and we were able to sit out and look at the gardens and watch Illuminations in the evening, the second, I believe was an upgrade to BW View- it was a view of the Main Courtyard and we saw the lake and Boardwalk (if that wasn't an upgraded view- then it was pretty sweet). Honestly, we have done Garden View rooms elsewhere- and this was beautiful. For me, I don't think it would be worth the additional cost- unless looking at the Boardwalk would really do it for you. I think either way its a win!

Shout out to DSS... they got me all my ADRs except Le Cellier because availability wasn't open. I used the TP reservation finder, and got an email at 3 am that a reservation was available for 7:30 pm but by the time I got to a computer, only 8:30 pm was available. (This was before 9 am est when DSS opens). I booked, and asked DSS if they could get me anything earlier. They initially said no, but the next day they solved the problem without me asking further by getting me one ADR for 7:10 pm for four people and one for 7:15 for the other four. :). Very happy that they went the extra mile. Since we are travelling with four teens, eating at separate tables may be even better. LOL.

Shout out to DSS... they got me all my ADRs except Le Cellier because availability wasn't open. I used the TP reservation finder, and got an email at 3 am that a reservation was available for 7:30 pm but by the time I got to a computer, only 8:30 pm was available. (This was before 9 am est when DSS opens). I booked, and asked DSS if they could get me anything earlier. They initially said no, but the next day they solved the problem without me asking further by getting me one ADR for 7:10 pm for four people and one for 7:15 for the other four. :). Very happy that they went the extra mile. Since we are travelling with four teens, eating at separate tables may be even better. LOL.

Glad DSS was able to help and get what you wanted! It sounds like the new CL service is a positive change ;).

Yes, Standard View at CR Atrium is a Bay Lake View. I have never stayed on the Bay Lake side but I've always wanted to and will next time we go to CR. I love Bay Lake! With the lounge on the TPV side you really don't need a TPV room here, in my opinion (but of course it's nice!).

Ok, so this makes your decision easier. In my opinion, you want to be here on the map, hopefully you can see the yellow outline (I also attached a file that may be more legible). Basically anything on the northeast quadrant of the floor.

Again, I'm not sure about the king bed situation here. There may be enough that requesting one is OK, but maybe not? I'll see if I can find something with more info.

BTW, have you looked into the 14th floor Tower Club rooms? There are suites up there. Not all show up on Disney's website. May be an option if you want something bigger than a standard room.

View attachment 222692

When we looked into the suites, they only had the ones in the Garden Wing still available and we were wanting to stay in tower to be closer to club amenities. If they don't all show up on Disney's website, how do you book them?

And thank you so much for the additional info about location! So helpful!!

@jbb4me Hi! Wanted to follow up on my CR Atrium Club info above. I had to go refresh my memory of the room numbers there. This map may be helpful in getting your head around the floor. Forgive my crude labels.

Like I said before, my preference is to not be on the Chef Mickey's side. Since you have a Standard/Bay Lake View, I'd be gearing for a room anywhere in the 4812-4824 range. For me, something like 4814-4820 would be perfect to save a few steps to the lounge (but even the furthest room on this floor is not very far).

I am still unsure about king rooms on the 12th floor. If you believe Touring Plans, they show all Atrium Rooms as 2 Queens. Touring Plans is helpful to a point, but they are not always 100% accurate, in my experience.

Note, our DS was in a pack-n-play when we stayed there a few years ago (we had two queens). Obviously not the most ideal setup with a pack-n-play taking up floor space, but the rooms are decent size and we found we had plenty of room to deal with it.

Other people might have different opinions but that's my gut reaction. Hope that helps!

Contemp Room # Map-Labeled.jpg

While I'm on a roll asking about CR CL, we have another issue I'm trying to figure out before our trip. For one night of our trip, my parents are coming up to see us. They have booked a room in CR Tower, but non club level. They are babysitting for our son that night (it's DH's and my anniversary) so that we can go to California Grill and have a nice adult evening away. While my parents sit for us, is it heavily frowned upon for them to use the space available in the Club? I'm guessing yes, but wasn't sure if CMs were known to make an exception for this type of situation. Thanks!!

When we looked into the suites, they only had the ones in the Garden Wing still available and we were wanting to stay in tower to be closer to club amenities. If they don't all show up on Disney's website, how do you book them?

And thank you so much for the additional info about location! So helpful!!

Too funny, you just replied as I was posting.

I think that's a good call to want to be in the tower for closer access to the CL amenities, I agree with that opinion.

For the Tower Club/14th floor rooms, you have to call Disney. The 1BR and 2BR suites show up on Disney's website but there are also a few standard rooms up there, some of which I'm almost certain have king beds.

I don't have personal experience with the Tower Club, but several folks around here do. I'd recommend calling and seeing what you find (and let us know too, I'm curious!).

Good luck!

FYI, here's a floorplan of the Tower Club floor. I have NO IDEA if this is up to date, so take with a grain of salt, but I've seen it posted around here before.

Tower Club Floorplan.jpg

@jbb4me Hi! Wanted to follow up on my CR Atrium Club info above. I had to go refresh my memory of the room numbers there. This map may be helpful in getting your head around the floor. Forgive my crude labels.

Like I said before, my preference is to not be on the Chef Mickey's side. Since you have a Standard/Bay Lake View, I'd be gearing for a room anywhere in the 4812-4824 range. For me, something like 4814-4820 would be perfect to save a few steps to the lounge (but even the furthest room on this floor is not very far).

I am still unsure about king rooms on the 12th floor. If you believe Touring Plans, they show all Atrium Rooms as 2 Queens. Touring Plans is helpful to a point, but they are not always 100% accurate, in my experience.

Note, our DS was in a pack-n-play when we stayed there a few years ago (we had two queens). Obviously not the most ideal setup with a pack-n-play taking up floor space, but the rooms are decent size and we found we had plenty of room to deal with it.

Other people might have different opinions but that's my gut reaction. Hope that helps!

View attachment 222783
@GADisneyDad14, this is super helpful! I also appreciate hearing about your own personal experience with 2 queens and a PnP. Rooms 4814-4820 do look like they would be perfect for our situation. I think I'm leaning towards closer to the elevator since we will be trekking back to the room every day for nap time! So looking forward to this trip and our first WDW CL experience!!

Too funny, you just replied as I was posting.

I think that's a good call to want to be in the tower for closer access to the CL amenities, I agree with that opinion.

For the Tower Club/14th floor rooms, you have to call Disney. The 1BR and 2BR suites show up on Disney's website but there are also a few standard rooms up there, some of which I'm almost certain have king beds.

I don't have personal experience with the Tower Club, but several folks around here do. I'd recommend calling and seeing what you find (and let us know too, I'm curious!).

Good luck!

FYI, here's a floorplan of the Tower Club floor. I have NO IDEA if this is up to date, so take with a grain of salt, but I've seen it posted around here before.

View attachment 222785
Perfect, I will call when I have a chance today and report back on options! Thanks again!!

While I'm on a roll asking about CR CL, we have another issue I'm trying to figure out before our trip. For one night of our trip, my parents are coming up to see us. They have booked a room in CR Tower, but non club level. They are babysitting for our son that night (it's DH's and my anniversary) so that we can go to California Grill and have a nice adult evening away. While my parents sit for us, is it heavily frowned upon for them to use the space available in the Club? I'm guessing yes, but wasn't sure if CMs were known to make an exception for this type of situation. Thanks!!
Cr's cl cms are very nice. If you just ask them /explain the situation they would MOST likely let them. The other alternative is you can add 2 adults to your room and pay the extra $25 per night adult add on fee. I highly doubt they would make you do that for just one night.

I just wanted you to know they could require it but will probably say they will waive it or not even mention it.

I have looked through this thread but have not found much information about the new Wilderness Lodge Lounge and setup. From what I recall from our stay years ago all standard rooms were on the 7th floor and there was a lounge and seating around the perimeter so that you could view the lobby. I have seen reports that this is no longer the case and that the rooms are on various floors and there are no longer seating areas around the perimeter. If anyone has updated information I would really appreciate it since I am thinking of adding a few nights at WL as part of my husbands surprise 50th birthday trip.

Thank you.

I have looked through this thread but have not found much information about the new Wilderness Lodge Lounge and setup. From what I recall from our stay years ago all standard rooms were on the 7th floor and there was a lounge and seating around the perimeter so that you could view the lobby. I have seen reports that this is no longer the case and that the rooms are on various floors and there are no longer seating areas around the perimeter. If anyone has updated information I would really appreciate it since I am thinking of adding a few nights at WL as part of my husbands surprise 50th birthday trip.

Thank you.

@GADisneyDad14 posted quite a lot of pictures and extensive review after the renovations. I can't remember the exact time frame he was there (November or December?), but if you search this thread you should find his info. It's quite detailed and I'm sure will be super helpful!

One technical thing to note, the two CL floors are locked off on the elevators, you have to scan your MB to access your floor. Your parent's MBs won't allow them access to your floor.

The official rule is that the lounge is for exclusive use of club level guests, which wouldn't include your parents. I hope I don't get jumped on for this but in practice, I highly doubt anyone would stop you from what you describe so long as it's just one night. It's not like CMs are sitting there monitoring that kind of thing - access is really governed more by the MB elevator scan than any CM knowing who is/isn't a CL guest.

What @trishadono describes above is the high road way to go, which is probably the right thing to do.

Thank you.

Hi there.

Yes, all standard CL rooms are on the 7th floor. Rooms in the south wing are offline and being converted to DVC. The remaining north wing rooms are the standard CL rooms. There are also Deluxe Rooms on floors 1-6 (2 per floor) that also have CL access.

There have been a few reports around here of non-CL guests being offered access to the CL amenities at check-in with an additional daily fee. Not sure how active they are in offering this?

I chatted with a CM when I was there in November who said there had been talk of eventually making the 6th floor a CL floor as well - BUT that is from a CM so take that with a MASSIVE grain of salt. Probably got their info from a WDW bus driver.

Although with the removal of half of the prior amount of CL rooms, this would kind of make sense to me.

The lounge has moved to a new location, basically swapped sides of the lobby. It opened at the end of November. There is seating along one side at the moment (well, at least as of November), the balance of the floor is walled off for construction.

I posted a bunch of pics and thoughts back in December starting here, flip through the pages as not all of my posts were in a row: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-341#post-56813263

This was my first CL stay at WL and I was very impressed with the lounge and food offerings.

Happy to answer any questions!

@trishadono and @GADisneyDad14 thank you both for the advice about the babysitting situation. I'm the type that feels guilty about snagging an extra muffin for the road (which I will hopefully get over since I've heard grabbing snacks from the lounge to take to the parks is the way to go!). So the plan is to talk to the CMs to get the go-ahead (or pay the extra person fee) ahead of time. I'm glad to hear it's even a possibility as the logistical picture I was painting in my head about my son's bedtime was becoming way too complicated! Thanks again!!

CR Atrium Club king rooms are request-only, and there are two of them as far as I know. Pretty difficult to score, but worth a request if it's definitely the #1 concern on your list.

The floor plan of Tower Club that was posted a few posts back is up-to-date. There are a total of 16 rooms. 2 king standard rooms (both MK view), 3 double Queen standard rooms (one MK view, two Bay Lake, no way to book one view or the other so it's sheer luck which one you get), and 11 suites. If you want to book any of these, including the suites, you'll have to call. Availability is never up-to-date online for the suites, and the standard rooms don't show up at all online. These rooms are all pretty pricey. With a young kid I'd almost always recommend Atrium over Tower Club for the awesome views of the Grand Canyon Concourse and monorail. Tower Club is a closed-off floor so you cannot see down into the concourse area, which is fun for anyone of any age, but especially kids I'd imagine!

Also, we are currently at AKL CL! It's AMAZING! We got so discouraged after our lackluster experience with BWI CL a couple weeks ago, so this has really restored our faith in Disney CLs. Tower Club is always gonna be #1 for us, but AKL is coming in at #2 for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!