Disney's Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrackMom

Earning My Ears
My DH and I will be celebrating my birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary in Disney this November. The dates have been announced for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party. My DH and I have never really been to Disney during Christmas (although this is our 18th time coming in the past several years) If you have been to the party previously, what are your thoughts? Do you think its worth the extra money to see it?

We much prefer the Halloween party over the Christmas party. There are so many other holiday things you can do at WDW that are either free or included in your park ticket at EP, DHS and AK - tour the deluxe resorts, see the Candlelight Processional and do the holiday extras at EP, see Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at DHS, the new holiday offerings at AK, etc. I would only be tempted to do it this year to see the new holiday fireworks show.

We also prefer the Halloween Party over the Christmas Party. That being said if you think you will not be visiting during Christmas again then I would do it. I think it would be one of those things you will always wish you did and wonder what it was like. Also as DisneyWishes stated, don't forget to fit in the other holiday festivities. The Candlelight Processional is a must in my opinion. If you decide to see that I would recommend doing a dining package for it.

I tend to think most Disney things are worth trying at least once. If you’re going to be there and you have a night that works in your schedule, I’d give it a shot. I’m a sucker for a nighttime parade and special fireworks (there is a new show debuting this year, FYI), so those are both big draws for me. But MVMCP can tend to be a rather crowded/popular event, so keep that in mind as well.

@DisneyWishes14 makes a good point about other park holiday activities though - plenty to do around WDW that time of year if you’d rather save the money.

We did it for the first time last November as frequent WDW visitors, I am really glad to have done it. Even though I likely won't do it again anytime soon, I think it was worth it. We did it as a special thing for my husband's birthday and we also chose a date earlier in November on a Thursday to try to keep crowds lower. It was amazing. We enjoyed lower wait times for rides, we skipped the parades and character meet ups too and chose attractions. We did some of the snacks/cookies which was nice and we enjoyed the weather and the fireworks/castle show. I do agree with GADisneyDad14, somethings you have to do at least once and decide for yourself if you want to do them again.

The parade is worth it. If you're not trying to budget where you spend your money, then definitely do it. The castle show, parade and fireworks all good. Beautiful photopass pics. Lower wait times. Some folks like to get special photos but that usually means waiting in line a lot so just be aware of everything you can do and plan what you like and go for it.

Thank you all so much for the info....we just ordered them! Does anyone know....as an annual pass holder, do we get the special PhotoPass for the MVMCP...or is it an extra charge?

You’ll get any PhotoPass pics you take that evening as per usual with your AP. All good! Have fun.

We love the halloween party, so much energy at that one! On our first Christmas party I said i'd not go back, and here we are already have tickets for party number 4. They seem to be incrementally better each year for the Christmas party, mostly with the complimentary snack and beverage offerings. I have a sweet tooth, and it must be pleased.

Glad to hear some better thoughts on the Christmas party. I booked it (first one, 11/8, that's our only option) and then have been reading the big 2019 MVMCP thread and am regretting my decision. Seems like everyone feels compelled to buy another party within a party to really enjoy this thing. I feel like we'll just be smooshed like sardines and not be able to do/see anything.

Another in favor of MVMCP! I love touring the resorts for the Christmas decor but they may not be decorated if you are there earlier in November and the CP at Epcot also does not begin until Thanksgiving weekend. So, definitely do the party! It’s so. Much. Fun. The parade and fireworks are awesome as are the treat stations and for the most part, lower wait times for many rides! Have fun!

We're in a similar boat as you, we've been many times but this is our first trip during the holidays at WDW. Our idea is this might be our only time to be able to go to MVMCP so we're going to it, even though it's lower on our priority list of holiday things to do. We've been to MNSSHP many times and have become bored with it so I'm excited for a change.

Glad to hear some better thoughts on the Christmas party. I booked it (first one, 11/8, that's our only option) and then have been reading the big 2019 MVMCP thread and am regretting my decision. Seems like everyone feels compelled to buy another party within a party to really enjoy this thing. I feel like we'll just be smooshed like sardines and not be able to do/see anything.

We'll be there too. I think the people who are disappointed are the ones who try to do it all--see every show, get a good spot at the parade and front center for fireworks, meet all the characters. try all the cookies. But that is not how ANYTHING at disney world works. If I went to MK on a nonparty day and got mad because the parade and Happily Ever After were crowded and there were waits on rides, people would look at me like I am crazy, yet somehow the expectation persists that the party is supposed to equal zero crowds, no waits on rides, and endless christmassy entertainment. Here's my advice: pick three things, do em, and enjoy other stuff without stressing that you have to see the mickey show at the hub.

That said, we always book shorter stays at WDW, so adding a party ticket is not much different than the cost of just a regular park day. I can see how if you were there for 7 days and at the point where each day ticket is only like $20, the party price would seem like a ripoff. For us, it's just another day at MK but with slightly different offerings.

We'll be there too. I think the people who are disappointed are the ones who try to do it all--see every show, get a good spot at the parade and front center for fireworks, meet all the characters. try all the cookies. But that is not how ANYTHING at disney world works. If I went to MK on a nonparty day and got mad because the parade and Happily Ever After were crowded and there were waits on rides, people would look at me like I am crazy, yet somehow the expectation persists that the party is supposed to equal zero crowds, no waits on rides, and endless christmassy entertainment. Here's my advice: pick three things, do em, and enjoy other stuff without stressing that you have to see the mickey show at the hub.

That said, we always book shorter stays at WDW, so adding a party ticket is not much different than the cost of just a regular park day. I can see how if you were there for 7 days and at the point where each day ticket is only like $20, the party price would seem like a ripoff. For us, it's just another day at MK but with slightly different offerings.

Yes, we are there for 7 days and the $94 I spent on the ticket (got a military discounted ticket) is feeling like a rip off now. It was sort of a very quick, impulsive decision by my cousin who is going and LOVES Christmas. At first I thought the extra money I paid was going to get me at least "slightly" less crowds. Now I see that I may be paying to stand in a crowd for hours. Oh well, it's done and I'm stuck with it.

Bought our tickets for 11/11 (which is our 30th wedding anniversary)...Its also our last night...I'm excited to see it! I dont think the crowds are going to be too crazy, even though its Veterans day...dont think many schools are off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter