• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone know just how long this soft refurb is supposed to last here? Could it be into 2024?

We returned from a quick stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. We were there June 29th through July 4th. They were working on Jamaica buildings 44, 45, and 46. Our rooms were in Aruba 54 and neither were refurbished. It appears that they are working their way to the buildings in Aruba.

The Riviera Skyliner station was very close to our building and was much easier to access than the Main Skyliner station.

I'll do a full review once I have a bit of time but wanted to provide an update on the refurbishment.

I wonder if Disney will discount the rooms here early next year with the pool being down? And POFQ as well?
I'm afraid there's no chance of that.

We booked the Polynesian a couple of years ago, only to have Disney announce a few months later that the monorail would be down during the entirety of our visit, and several parts of the resort blocked off for construction. I made a couple of polite calls to WDW to ask whether any kind of compensation would be offered, since we'd paid a premium to stay at a "monorail resort" for that specific reason: plus, in the several months between our booking at the Poly and Disney finally telling us the monorail would be down, we'd passed on multiple discount offers at other resorts that were no longer available, so we couldn't switch to another resort without paying through the nose. They basically said, "too bad, so sad, we never discount for lost amenities, have a magical day."

So we canceled. The upside? The $3K+ in Disney gift cards we'd bought to pay for that package (and got refunded when we canceled) are covering the costs of our room and dining for our upcoming visit in August. :)

Stayed around July 4th. we were in budling 36 in Trinidad and I have to say, that area was very convenient for us. We were 2 minutes from the bus, 4 minutes from the skyliner. Spyglass was right there and had the soda and coffee as well as a pool and laundry. We did go up to the larger pool twice but it was only about a 7 minute walk. Our room was also very nicely appointed and felt more spacious than where we were at Universal for 3 times the price. There are definitely parts of Trinidad that will feel far from everything by the 34, 35 35 and maybe even 32, had a lot of amenities right there.
I guess I was initially disappointed we didn't get something else, but after about 3 hours on the ground I was really happy with our location.

Hi, all! CBR availability popped up today for our upcoming trip (decided to stay a little longer and tack on a few nights after staying at YC) and we went for it. It’s our first time staying here and we love checking out the different resorts.

I admittedly know very little about this resort aside from the Skyliner station and that it’s massive. We have a standard room with a 5th sleeper. Is there a certain building we should request for pool and/or Skyliner proximity?
we really liked 36, although 34, 35 would have been closer to the main pool and skyliner.

We just recently switched our (August 19th) 8 night trip to a split stay (BW / CB) and I'm quickly trying to get up to speed on the resort. I've gone through the threads and found some great tips, but still would love some advice! We are a family of 4 (2 adults and a 13 and 9 year old) with no mobility or accessibility needs.

We booked a Standard 5th Sleeper, and my top two priorities would be: 1) Recently refurbed, particularly wood floors and beds with storage underneath - the LM theming is cool, but doesn't matter too much, as long as we have clean/new/refreshed soft goods; and 2) Distance to Skyliner and Bus. Not super concerned with distance to Old Port Royale or the pool, and don't anticipate us eating much QS at the resort itself.

Reading through the threads here and on other sites, and now torn between requesting Trinidad or Aruba. I guess the big question is whether Aruba 5th sleepers will be all refurbed by Aug 23? Seems like Trinidad are? Is there a benefit to being nearer to the Riv's skyliner vs. CB's? And which has the better bus location? Thanks!

Edited to add: On the night of the 23rd, MK has EMH, which we'll be eligible for because of our split stay BW checkout that day. Do buses go back to CB after hours, or just Riviera? Would that be the game changer?

Last edited:
We just recently switched our (August 19th) 8 night trip to a split stay (BW / CB) and I'm quickly trying to get up to speed on the resort. I've gone through the threads and found some great tips, but still would love some advice! We are a family of 4 (2 adults and a 13 and 9 year old) with no mobility or accessibility needs.

We booked a Standard 5th Sleeper, and my top two priorities would be: 1) Recently refurbed, particularly wood floors and beds with storage underneath - the LM theming is cool, but doesn't matter too much, as long as we have clean/new/refreshed soft goods; and 2) Distance to Skyliner and Bus. Not super concerned with distance to Old Port Royale or the pool, and don't anticipate us eating much QS at the resort itself.

Reading through the threads here and on other sites, and now torn between requesting Trinidad or Aruba. I guess the big question is whether Aruba 5th sleepers will be all refurbed by Aug 23? Seems like Trinidad are? Is there a benefit to being nearer to the Riv's skyliner vs. CB's? And which has the better bus location? Thanks!

Edited to add: On the night of the 23rd, MK has EMH, which we'll be eligible for because of our split stay BW checkout that day. Do buses go back to CB after hours, or just Riviera? Would that be the game changer?
I don't think they've even started refurbishing Aruba yet. Jamaica is partly done. You can take the Riviera bus back after extended hours and then just walk to your room from Riviera. If you are in Trinidad it'll be a hike.

I think you'd need to decide what's more of a priority, location/proximity to the skyliner or having a refurbished room. I've not stayed in the trinidad section but even having them uniquely themed doesn't bring a ton of fans of this part of the resort. When I look at it on the map, it's sort of it's own after-thought of a location, it's even on a separate body of water?! lol but, if you really want a nicer, newer room, that will fit the bill and you'll get the Little Mermaid theming. The other rooms around the property that are not in trinidad are just soft goods refurbs so it's not going to look like the LM rooms in trinidad. I've not seen any news direct from disney on these soft good refurbs at CBR so I'd take that to mean, it's likely nothing worth sharing.

Your bus location is really going to depend on which building in each section you are in. For us, Jamaica, building 45 was an ideal location since it was close to the CBR skyliner station, the bus stop and a 5 min walk over the bridge to the lobby.

Just got back from Caribbean Beach a few days ago. Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 and 46 were under refurbishment. We were in Jamaica 44 in a renovated room. Loved the location! Close to sky liner and bus stop.

Attachments

• IMG_5649.jpeg
    IMG_5649.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5644.jpeg
    IMG_5644.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 199

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter