Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I have a 13 yr old DS that loves pool slides - can anyone tell me about the slide at the CBR main pool? I have read it is 102 ft but is it a good slide or meh?

Last edited:
We are here now and have used both skyliner stations for early entry for Epcot and HS and it’s been great. We get to the stations about 90 minutes before normal opening time as stated to do on here. My husband made a comment today that we will never stay anywhere again that doesn’t use the skyliner. Game changer for sure.

Thanks for this. I was planning to be in line at the CBR station by 6:30-6:45 for 8AM EE at HS. Sound ok?

We are trying to maximize our rope drop time to get in as much as possible early due to this being a short trip.

Thanks for this. I was planning to be in line at the CBR station by 6:30-6:45 for 8AM EE at HS. Sound ok?

We are trying to maximize our rope drop time to get in as much as possible early due to this being a short trip.
Yes, that arrival time sounds perfect!!

Hi all! Does anyone know if the freestyle coca cola machines are currently operational in each 'village'?

HI!
we are booked at CBR for November 2022 and will need to finalize the payment soon.
We have read on Tripadvisor some horrible reviews about dirty rooms with bugs and we are wondering about switching to Pop Century. It looks like starting from July 2022 the CBR maintenance and cleaning are more and more lacking. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot
Laura

HI!
we are booked at CBR for November 2022 and will need to finalize the payment soon.
We have read on Tripadvisor some horrible reviews about dirty rooms with bugs and we are wondering about switching to Pop Century. It looks like starting from July 2022 the CBR maintenance and cleaning are more and more lacking. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot
Laura
My best advice is stop reading trip advisor....LOL. You will read that about every resort. I can't comment on cleanliness as we've not had any recent stays at CBR or POP......but the bugs....well that's a potential at any resort. We have found bugs in rooms at Disney before but none at CBR. I feel like our bug stories at Disney are usually March-Aug visits and we've been to Disney a bunch in November and have been bug free every visit in Nov- Feb so perhaps they're seasonal lol. I hate to say it but it's FL and the south and we have bugs. Especially when guests from other places stay and don't realize you can't leave food out all over the place and not expect to get bugs. My girls had a bug in their bed at Dolphin last april, it was gross but it does happen and it's not resort specific.

As far as the rooms, the rooms at POP do feel fresher and more clean since they were more recently renovated however, there are many more benefits to staying at CBR if you're looking for a mod resort stay. I would only switch to POP if you don't plan to be in your room a whole lot since the rooms are a bit smaller than CBR.

Our family recently had our second stay at CBR (6/7-15) and we really love this resort! We first stayed in June 2018 when the skyliner and Centertown were under construction- we liked it then and it was even better this time. The skyliner is AMAZING!
I've only stayed at other resorts as a kid, so I can offer no comparison, but wanted to share my thoughts for those interested in CBR. Despite the extra cost of staying on-site, it is worth it for our family as we aren't frequent Disney-goers. I think I'll be hard pressed to convince my kids to stay at any other resort- after two great stays CBR = Disney for them!!
Thanks for the detailed review! We're a family of 5 thinking about staying at CBR next year, so this was really helpful. With the price point and the amenities, it is looking like the smart choice for us.

Did you feel cramped at all? How was the luggage space?

Thanks for the detailed review! We're a family of 5 thinking about staying at CBR next year, so this was really helpful. With the price point and the amenities, it is looking like the smart choice for us.

Did you feel cramped at all? How was the luggage space?
So we've stayed in the 5th sleeper rooms as a family of 4 and have found them to be just fine for us. We keep our suitcases in the entry area/dead space when you walk in and also in the restroom/closet area. If you do any room requests, try for a corner room as the extra window does make the room feel larger. We don't spend a ton of time at the resort but we do take midday breaks and even will do one resort only day and we never found the room to be uncomfortable. I will say, my kids are now both teens so the one bathroom situation has gotten to be a bit much but the room/sleeping area is fine for our family of 4.

I will say, my kids are now both teens so the one bathroom situation has gotten to be a bit much but the room/sleeping area is fine for our family of 4.
Having two bathrooms the time we stayed at AoA was SO great, but every other hotel we ever stay in only has one, so we will deal with it. AoA is so expensive for the suites now, which is why I'm looking at CBR instead. I do wish there were more (and more affordable) options on property for families of 5+ that got you a 2nd bathroom without having to book 2 rooms somewhere. (If I'm going to pay Deluxe prices, I want to stay at a Deluxe hotel with all the amenities.)

Having two bathrooms the time we stayed at AoA was SO great, but every other hotel we ever stay in only has one, so we will deal with it. AoA is so expensive for the suites now, which is why I'm looking at CBR instead. I do wish there were more (and more affordable) options on property for families of 5+ that got you a 2nd bathroom without having to book 2 rooms somewhere. (If I'm going to pay Deluxe prices, I want to stay at a Deluxe hotel with all the amenities.)
I feel like you wrote exactly how I feel. When we travel other places, a lot of times we can book suites/condos or airbnb's etc with 2-3 bedrooms and 2 baths for the same prices as the disney deluxes or even less. We have learned that this works so much better for a growing/larger family. For short disney trips, we make one room work but we said if we do anything longer than 4 nights again, we'll either do a suite or adjoining rooms at swan/dolphin if there's a discount. The prices for 1 bedroom villas at disney are absurd even if you rent points and tbh, the renting points process doesn't sit well with me since I like to book directly with Disney. I don't like a go between.

So this is the 1st time we are staying here in over 20 years. What is a good room to request near the sky liner and the Riviara?

I'm in Aruba and it's really close to Riviera and Skyliner.

I would suggest you do so, because the buses at CBR have been legitimately awful.

Just booked our 2 week Nov/Dec 2023 stay at Caribbean Beach! I am so excited and I cant wait to surprise my kiddos! We will be driving down so we will have our car. Should we use bussing or is it easier to just drive over to AK and MK?

Just booked our 2 week Nov/Dec 2023 stay at Caribbean Beach! I am so excited and I cant wait to surprise my kiddos! We will be driving down so we will have our car. Should we use bussing or is it easier to just drive over to AK and MK?

If you have a car, I recommend driving to AK (and HS and EP). It's really convenient to drive to those three from CBR. For MK, it's still an advantage to take the bus because of the stops right at the front gate.

Skyliner to HS and EP. Bus to MK (if you drive, you'll still have to take a ferry or monorail to get there. Bus puts you closer). We drove to AK from Caribeean Beach.

Less than 5 minute walk to skyliner close??

🌺
I was in Jamaica, building 41, I think, in June. I didn't time the walk to the Skyliner, but it was very short, probably five minutes or so. It was one of the closer buildings, so another building may take a couple minutes longer, but not much. It is so worth it to be close to the skyliner to get to EP and HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter