Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked CBR for September 2023! The last time we stayed at CBR, it was when they were building the Riviera resort and it was a construction zone. No gift shop, no food court, etc. Loved the room though!

Excited to stay there again! We booked a Standard 5th Sleeper, so crossing our fingers for Jamaica!
We had Jamaica on our last stay and was in building 45. It was fairly convenient to the bridge to the lobby/main pool, the bus stop and the skyliner. I used Touring Plans to request this building. We stayed in rooms 4554 and 4555, long story but we had to switch rooms. They were adjacent to each other and overall pretty convenient.

Where's the best place to stay at CBR? Jamaica is closest the Skyliner, yes?

But it's far from Port Royale?

What's the best place to stay for the bus route?

Going in August, any advice from experts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Any thoughts on this? Want to try to request my room assignment ASAP.

What areas of CBR do people recommend? Thanks!

We like Jamaica building 42 as it is a close walk to both the Skyliner station and the bus stop. The walk to the food court area isn't too terribly far either. Just walk to the promenade and over the bridge and you are there.

Thanks! Is the check-in where the food court is?

How's the walk to:

The big pool
Banana Cabana

We stayed in a preferred room in Martinique in November around Thanksgiving so were near the food court and took the internal bus to the Skyliner it was so easy. We found the buses to AK and MK were pretty good as well.

Thanks! Is the check-in where the food court is?

How's the walk to:

The big pool
Banana Cabana

Old Port Royale is where you will check in/out and the food court. The main pool, Banana Cabana and Sebastian's are located in the area just outside of Old Port Royale. The walk isn't too bad from any area of the resort.

We stayed in a preferred room in Martinique in November around Thanksgiving so were near the food court and took the internal bus to the Skyliner it was so easy. We found the buses to AK and MK were pretty good as well.

Thank you. I'd like to avoid taking a bus to the skyliner!

Thank you. I'd like to avoid taking a bus to the skyliner!
Jamaica 42 was our building in January. Directly across from the skyliner, took us maybe 3 minutes to walk there. The walk to OPR wasn't bad, but my dad has a bad knee and he wasn't up for that walk too often, so they ended up eating at the Riviera quick service more often since it meant less walking.

Jamaica 42 was our building in January. Directly across from the skyliner, took us maybe 3 minutes to walk there. The walk to OPR wasn't bad, but my dad has a bad knee and he wasn't up for that walk too often, so they ended up eating at the Riviera quick service more often since it meant less walking.

Wow, it's that close to the Riveria?

We love Aruba because of how close it is to the Riviera skyliner and Riviera hotel. It also is the last bus stop on the internal loop before the lobby to Carribean Beach. So when busing to magic kingdom or animal kingdom we just hop on the internal bus if the bus to the park is too full for comfort.

We love Aruba because of how close it is to the Riviera skyliner and Riviera hotel. It also is the last bus stop on the internal loop before the lobby to Carribean Beach. So when busing to magic kingdom or animal kingdom we just hop on the internal bus if the bus to the park is too full for comfort.

I'm confused. You hop on the internal bus to go to the lobby to get on another bus?

That sounds exhausting.

Okay, so is it better to stay in Jamaica and take the Riveria skyliner or in Aruba and take the CBR skyliner?

Yes, but my kids are teenagers so we don’t have to do it with strollers or anything. The internal bus ride from Aruba to the first stop by the lobby is like 2 minutes.
So there's just one bus that is internal to the resort and then obviously different buses to go the parks?

Okay, so is it better to stay in Jamaica and take the Riveria skyliner or in Aruba and take the CBR skyliner?
We stayed in Jamaica, directly across from the CBR skyliner station. We prefer that over using the Riviera skyliner station, because CBR is the hub. There is a line that runs between Pop/AOA and CBR, one that runs between Hollywood Studios and CBR, and one that runs from CBR to Riviera to Epcot. If you use the Riviera stop, you can go directly to Epcot, but if you want to go to Hollywood Studios from Riviera you get on at Riviera, get off at CBR to change lines, then get on from CBR to Hollywood Studios. For that reason, I prefer to use the CBR station.

Building 55 is hands down the most convenient building for the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter