Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Good news.....Permits were pulled for the remainder of the CBR buildings. All have an expiration date of 09/01/2023 with Balfour Beatty Construction completing the work. Seems a little optimistic that all construction would be completed by 09/01/2023 but we shall see. I wouldn't be surprised to see extensions of the exp date. Or.....maybe they have a huge team that will complete everything in record time :rainbow:
Are they redoing all the rooms? Or just the pirate rooms? I hope all the rooms!

I'm not sure. I hope it's all the rooms! It really needs an update. Though I hope they don't do them all in The Little Mermaid. Doesn't make a lot of sense since there is already a mermaid themed resort, and it isn't set in the Caribbean. Plus, pirates are cool. I hope they keep the pirate theme but give it new life!

Are they redoing all the rooms? Or just the pirate rooms? I hope all the rooms!
I feel like the last full refurb was 2015, I doubt they'd be re-done before 2025 or beyond. I think the general schedule is 15 years for standard rooms.

Colorful and Festive Holiday Decor Arrives at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort

1668699824672.jpeg

We are in Barbados building 33 and they have been working on the room next door to ours. I am not sure if it was just a maintenance issue but they have been in there all day. We are at the resort today so I will be keeping a watch to see what they have done.

Arriving at CBR on Sunday! We plan to arrive at the resort mid-morning after breakfast for a full pool day at the resort. Any suggestions on how to handle this before our room is available? We could try to wear our swimsuits below normal clothes to breakfast but wondering if changing at the resort pool is a decent enough option? I know there's not a changing room per se, just curious what others have done and found successful
TIA

Arriving at CBR on Sunday! We plan to arrive at the resort mid-morning after breakfast for a full pool day at the resort. Any suggestions on how to handle this before our room is available? We could try to wear our swimsuits below normal clothes to breakfast but wondering if changing at the resort pool is a decent enough option? I know there's not a changing room per se, just curious what others have done and found successful
TIA
There are showers and changing rooms located near the main pool so that’s definitely an option. You can also do online check in and choose earlier check in as your first option. It is only a request but it doesn’t hurt to try.

TIA
We travel from Ohio in January to CBR. So of course, warm weather clothing. We head to the parks when we arrive. We have always changed into our "park clothes" in the main bathrooms off the lobby. I always put what I am going to need on top in my suitcase or even in the front zipper area for easy access.

What’s wrong with this thread? Page one appears to be the same post from Nov.5, 2015, over and over and over, 10 or 15 times. That’s seven years ago.

What’s wrong with this thread? Page one appears to be the same post from Nov.5, 2015, over and over and over, 10 or 15 times. That’s seven years ago.
The thread was started years ago and I started a new one but it isn’t complete yet. If you have any wuestions, just ask and one of the CBR pros can answer them for you.

Our group (6 adults) got impacted by the Hurricane Nicole flight cancellations and have moved our trip to Jan 7-10. We are really hoping that a Skyliner resort opens up, but no luck so far, so we are at POR. I see above there are some scheduled renovations planned (or ongoing), does anyone know if CBR availability would be impacted for early Jan?

It's been frustrating to see other resorts pop up here and there as I've checked each day (more than once), but never CBR or POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter