Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I’m looking for recommendations for best area to request for CBR. We have a fifth sleeper room - want to be close to a skyliner, food/main pool, and Riveria in that order of priority. I understand this may not be possible to be close to all, but wanted to put it out there. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance

I’m looking for recommendations for best area to request for CBR. We have a fifth sleeper room - want to be close to a skyliner, food/main pool, and Riviera in that order of priority. I understand this may not be possible to be close to all, but wanted to put it out there. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance
The Skyliner stations are not close to food/main pool. If you look at resort map you will see they are on the opposite side of the resort from the main pool. MAP
The main and pool and food are in between Martinique and Barbados.
Aruba section will get you close to Riviera.
We've stayed at CBR twice - once in Barbados Bldg 32, then in Aruba Bldg 55. Personally, I liked Aruba 55. We walked to Riviera for coffee, we could use the Riviera Skyliner Station.
Aruba = Skyliner and Riviera
The kicker is, you don't know what building you are going to get.
Not sure when you are traveling: the bridge from Jamaica and Aruba through the middle of the lagoon is going to be undergoing refurbishment January 3 - 17
Skyliner is closed January 23 - 28.

The Skyliner stations are not close to food/main pool. If you look at resort map you will see they are on the opposite side of the resort from the main pool. MAP
The main and pool and food are in between Martinique and Barbados.
Aruba section will get you close to Riviera.
We've stayed at CBR twice - once in Barbados Bldg 32, then in Aruba Bldg 55. Personally, I liked Aruba 55. We walked to Riviera for coffee, we could use the Riviera Skyliner Station.
Aruba = Skyliner and Riviera
The kicker is, you don't know what building you are going to get.
Not sure when you are traveling: the bridge from Jamaica and Aruba through the middle of the lagoon is going to be undergoing refurbishment January 3 - 17
Skyliner is closed January 23 - 28.

Ok thanks - we aren’t going until Feb so we will miss the refurbishments.

I’m looking for recommendations for best area to request for CBR. We have a fifth sleeper room - want to be close to a skyliner, food/main pool, and Riveria in that order of priority. I understand this may not be possible to be close to all, but wanted to put it out there. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance

Jamaica section is closest to the Skyliner and a reasonable walk to the main pool and food. If you're there you might as well take the Skyliner to Riviera.

I haven't heard anything about Spyglass Grill. We miss it. My DH and I stayed at CBR a few days prior to Christmas. The rooms need a refurbishment. We were put in Aruba 55, super close to the Skyliner. I could see it fly overhead and see the Riviera from the room window. My DH and I walked into the room and instantly I was nope, nope, nope. We were paying near $400 per night for a standard room. My DH didn't want to change rooms. We spent the night and in the morning I noticed a number of things that didn't work. I tried to charge my phone over night, but the USB didn't work. I tried the other USBs and outlets in the dresser and night stand, none worked. Then the makeup mirror didn't work. There was dried conditioner in the shower and the hot water was lacking. We went to the front desk. I mentioned the sad little room and we were offered a complimentary quick service meal, each. A service order to make repairs would be issued. We were not going to a park and I mentioned I really don't want people in the room with my things. Especially in the covid era. My DH asked about moving rooms. We were moved to building 54, a king room. It was in much better shape. We went to check it out and then back to pack up. When we arrived to the original room, the repair guys were in there. It made the stress level worse. They left, as we mentioned we were moving. It all worked out, but I won't return until they update the rooms. The aesthetic of a dark room with a bright main lobby doesn't flow. We love the food court and quiet pools, so we were disappointed with the room for the price you pay. I love the Skyliner and get I paid for that, but the Aruba entrance may take a bit to get a cabin at peak times. Most cabins are already full from the main hub going to Epcot. Going to DHS from the Riviera entrance was not as bad.

I haven't heard anything about Spyglass Grill. We miss it. My DH and I stayed at CBR a few days prior to Christmas. The rooms need a refurbishment. We were put in Aruba 55, super close to the Skyliner. I could see it fly overhead and see the Riviera from the room window. My DH and I walked into the room and instantly I was nope, nope, nope. We were paying near $400 per night for a standard room. My DH didn't want to change rooms. We spent the night and in the morning I noticed a number of things that didn't work. I tried to charge my phone over night, but the USB didn't work. I tried the other USBs and outlets in the dresser and night stand, none worked. Then the makeup mirror didn't work. There was dried conditioner in the shower and the hot water was lacking. We went to the front desk. I mentioned the sad little room and we were offered a complimentary quick service meal, each. A service order to make repairs would be issued. We were not going to a park and I mentioned I really don't want people in the room with my things. Especially in the covid era. My DH asked about moving rooms. We were moved to building 54, a king room. It was in much better shape. We went to check it out and then back to pack up. When we arrived to the original room, the repair guys were in there. It made the stress level worse. They left, as we mentioned we were moving. It all worked out, but I won't return until they update the rooms. The aesthetic of a dark room with a bright main lobby doesn't flow. We love the food court and quiet pools, so we were disappointed with the room for the price you pay. I love the Skyliner and get I paid for that, but the Aruba entrance may take a bit to get a cabin at peak times. Most cabins are already full from the main hub going to Epcot. Going to DHS from the Riviera entrance was not as bad.
I agree the rooms need a refurb desperately. It seems strange to me that such dark rooms were ever in demand. They're like caves 🤣. They do workout for afternoon naps though. I'll pay the price for the ambiance of the rest of the resort and the skyliner though.

I’ve been chatting with some CBR fans on FB and turns out, quite a few rooms in multiple villages have had the carpet replaced with the vinyl wood!

I haven’t heard a peep about this. Is this what they are doing if carpet gets damaged and they replace with the wood instead of carpet?

Has anyone seen contractors in the villages, etc?

I am hoping all the floors are done by our 2023 trip (and maybe they will have time to put the raised beds in and maybe new paint?!)

I do have two photos of the wood floors. I cannot figure out for the life of me to post pictures in here! It keeps saying I'm spamming or there is an error. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I do have two photos of the wood floors. I cannot figure out for the life of me to post pictures in here! It keeps saying I'm spamming or there is an error. Can anyone help?

I think you have to have a certain number of posts before it allows you post pictures. So maybe that’s it?! Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

To confirm ideally I want to be close to the Skyliner, I should not pay for a preferred room for this correct? Just put it in my request during online check in?

To confirm ideally I want to be close to the Skyliner, I should not pay for a preferred room for this correct? Just put it in my request during online check in?

Correct. Aruba is closest to Riviera station. Jamaica is closest to the main hub station.
Preferred rooms are closest to the main building and pool.
Check out this MAP

We stayed in Barbados Building 32, in 2020. Decided after the fact that the extra money for the preferred room wasn't worth it. (during first year skyliner was open)
Then last year we were in Aruba 55 (2021), loved it. Close to Riviera for coffee and skyliner. We did walk down to the main hub to go to Hollywood Studios and used the center bridge to get to the main pool.

Correct. Aruba is closest to Riviera station. Jamaica is closest to the main hub station.
Preferred rooms are closest to the main building and pool.
Check out this MAP

We stayed in Barbados Building 32, in 2020. Decided after the fact that the extra money for the preferred room wasn't worth it. (during first year skyliner was open)
Then last year we were in Aruba 55 (2021), loved it. Close to Riviera for coffee and skyliner. We did walk down to the main hub to go to Hollywood Studios and used the center bridge to get to the main pool.

perfect! This is what I though, fingers crossed we get a good location! Looking forward to trying a new resort!

Does anyone have a map of CBR with the distances marked on it? Our trip is currently booked in a standard room 5th sleeper, but we are trying to decide if we should shift our dates by one day (better flights, better for work schedules), however we would have to move to a preferred room. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to make the switch, and one of our questions is how far it actually is from each area to the various key points on the map. Like what is the distance from Martinique to the skyliner hub? How far to the Riviera station? How far is it from Jamaica to OPR? We're looking for measurements in miles or km, since everyone has different walking rates.
Does anything like this exist?
TIA!

Does anyone have a map of CBR with the distances marked on it? Our trip is currently booked in a standard room 5th sleeper, but we are trying to decide if we should shift our dates by one day (better flights, better for work schedules), however we would have to move to a preferred room. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to make the switch, and one of our questions is how far it actually is from each area to the various key points on the map. Like what is the distance from Martinique to the skyliner hub? How far to the Riviera station? How far is it from Jamaica to OPR? We're looking for measurements in miles or km, since everyone has different walking rates.
Does anything like this exist?
TIA!
Google maps shows that it's .3 mile from Jamaica to OPR if you go over the island in the middle of the lake. I'd say it was .5ish when we were there, because we had to walk around (bridges were closed).

Hi. I've never stayed at Caribbean Beach. We have stayed at pop century probably a dozen times and love it. We were supposed to go next week, but someone in my party came down with covid. She is doing well nearly over it but we postponed the trip by a couple of weeks. No rooms were available at pop, and all we could find was a pirate standard view here. Do you know how far these rooms are from the skyliner? From reading, it looks like they are fairly close. We don't care about being near the main building cause we eat a light breakfast in the room and all our other meals in the park. We just like being close to our room at the end of the day. We always do preferred at pop, and everything is really close by. I hope we like this resort. Paying a good bit more and I'm not as excited about it lol. Guess I'm not one for change. Hopefully we'll get there and it'll be a new favorite though.

Hi everyone! We are staying at CBR this November primarily due to the Skyliner. I just read a Trip Advisor report that said they had access to everything at Riviera also due to their proximity. Is that accurate? Can you use the Riviera pools also? Or was this person mainly talking about Skyliner station and restaurants? Thank you!

Hi. I've never stayed at Caribbean Beach. We have stayed at pop century probably a dozen times and love it. We were supposed to go next week, but someone in my party came down with covid. She is doing well nearly over it but we postponed the trip by a couple of weeks. No rooms were available at pop, and all we could find was a pirate standard view here. Do you know how far these rooms are from the skyliner? From reading, it looks like they are fairly close. We don't care about being near the main building cause we eat a light breakfast in the room and all our other meals in the park. We just like being close to our room at the end of the day. We always do preferred at pop, and everything is really close by. I hope we like this resort. Paying a good bit more and I'm not as excited about it lol. Guess I'm not one for change. Hopefully we'll get there and it'll be a new favorite though.
Pirate rooms are relatively close to the skyliner, but nothing else. If you don’t care about the main building/pool, you’ll be fine. CBR is a very beautiful resort. Enjoy!

Hi everyone! We are staying at CBR this November primarily due to the Skyliner. I just read a Trip Advisor report that said they had access to everything at Riviera also due to their proximity. Is that accurate? Can you use the Riviera pools also? Or was this person mainly talking about Skyliner station and restaurants? Thank you!
You cannot use the pool, no. You can however utilize the RR skyliner station and restaurants.

What is the order of bus stop pick ups? Just trying to get idea of how full of a bus I’ll be looking at if I request Aruba or Jamaica. Thanks!

What is the order of bus stop pick ups? Just trying to get idea of how full of a bus I’ll be looking at if I request Aruba or Jamaica. Thanks!

If you search and read back through, you will discover this changes, a lot.

We've stayed at CBR twice, once in January, once in February. BOTH times, it depended on the park. Going to and from Magic Kingdom, buses enter over by Riviera, pick up at Martinique, main, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, then Aruba. They drop off in the same order.

Going to and from AK, they entered at the main gate which means they started at Jamaica, Aruba, circled over to Martinique, main, Barbados, and then Trinidad

We have never had the buses split the resort, but I have read that happens at super busy times. (christmas, new years, spring break).

I'm sure others will have different experiences. We've been known to get off at the main building when returning from MK, to grab a drink and then walk back to our room.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter