Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry, if this has been asked before. I checked the first posts but could not find an answer there.

If I take the Skyliner from DHS to CBR, is there a bus stop close? I'm trying to find the easiest way to get from DHS to DS for a dining reservation and since the buses don't currently run from the parks to DS, I thought taking Skyliner to CBR then a bus from there might be an option?

There are 2 bus stops that are relatively close. You can walk to the Jamaica or Barbados area bus stops within a few minutes.

Your other options to get to DS are just to stalk the DHS bus loop and hop on the first resort bus that pulls in and wait for the DS bus there. Or you could walk (or take the friendship boat if it's still operating - haven't checked since COVID) to the Boardwalk and grab a bus to DS from there.

Or take a SSR bus from DHS and take the short walk over to DS(get off at Congress Park) from SSR.

And the most FUN way,albeit time-consuming,would be to take a POR bus from DHS and take the Sassagoula River Cruise down to DS!

Or take a SSR bus from DHS and take the short walk over to DS(get off at Congress Park) from SSR.

And the most FUN way,albeit time-consuming,would be to take a POR bus from DHS and take the Sassagoula River Cruise down to DS!

Forgot that POR was back open. Sassagoula River Cruise would definitely be my recommendation (if you have the time). An underrated and overlooked "attraction" that everyone should try at least once.

Thanks everyone. Lots of great options!

Yes, we've done the Sassagoula River in the past when going to DS and it was a fun adventure but considering where it drops you off, not the best option for this particular trip.

You could take the internal shuttle from the skyliner station to any of the regular bus stops within CBR, and switch to the DS bus.

Forgot that POR was back open. Sassagoula River Cruise would definitely be my recommendation (if you have the time). An underrated and overlooked "attraction" that everyone should try at least once.
No doubt!

We took a Sunset Cruise from DS to POR during our October trip and it felt like Old Times! :)

Just wanted to quickly post that the Castmembers at CBR are so wonderful! They have spoiled me rotten & been very helpful with all my questions about MDE. When I say spoiled, I mean keeping me in my Arruba Room I originally asked for when I added a room only with my Dreams Unlimited TA! It is a water view & a gorgeous one & the room only was to be a standard.

Just waited 45 minutes for an Animal Kingdom bus 🙄. While we were waiting there were 5 MK buses and 2 Disney Spring buses pull up.
We waited for a bus to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday evening for an an hour and ten minutes. We had 6 buses to hs and 2 to Epcot stop in that time, they weren’t even supposed to be running bus service to those parks at that time because the skyline was open😩 They really need to do something about this!

We waited for a bus to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday evening for an an hour and ten minutes. We had 6 buses to hs and 2 to Epcot stop in that time, they weren’t even supposed to be running bus service to those parks at that time because the skyline was open😩 They really need to do something about this!
Yes it is not organized. On the other hand the skyliner was great!

Could someone give me information about whether (or when) there are buses to and from Ecpot? My aunt and I have a planned stay in February. Is the skyliner our only option (outside of calling Uber or Lyft, etc.), or is there bus service to and from Epcot?

Been scouring the boards, but haven't seen any updates...and then buckeye's post above made me wonder what the deal is. Thanks!

Could someone give me information about whether (or when) there are buses to and from Ecpot? My aunt and I have a planned stay in February. Is the skyliner our only option (outside of calling Uber or Lyft, etc.), or is there bus service to and from Epcot?

Been scouring the boards, but haven't seen any updates...and then buckeye's post above made me wonder what the deal is. Thanks!

I just left there last week and it was skyliner only. We used them every day. If the skyliner does not run, they will have the busses going. Skyliner was running - even in the pouring rain while we were there.

On the app and board at the bus station it said use the skyliner under HS and Epcot. When I called about the bus taking so long I inquired about it also and the cast member said as long as the skyliner is running there should be no bus service to those parks. I just wouldn’t count on bus service.

Hi there. I am travelling from Ireland to this resort. I have one night in a holiday inn up next to Vineland premium outlets before my cbr stay.
I am going to stock up on juice, fruits and snacks in one of the supermarkets nearby.
Target and publix is nearby. What supermarket would be better/cheaper for the items I need?

Hi there. I am travelling from Ireland to this resort. I have one night in a holiday inn up next to Vineland premium outlets before my cbr stay.
I am going to stock up on juice, fruits and snacks in one of the supermarkets nearby.
Target and publix is nearby. What supermarket would be better/cheaper for the items I need?

Either one will work but I would suggest Publix.

With that said, I used Amazon Fresh on our trip a couple of weeks ago and used them twice for grocery delivery. Everything was good. Noticed most people were using Publix so I would lean that way.

Unfortunately the bus situation at CBR is always inconsistent. We've had week long stays there since the skyliner opened and as long as the skyliner isn't down, there are no buses to DHS or Epcot. And if there is inclement weather, the buses will start up again but they're very very slow.

The buses at the larger/multi-stop resorts have always been hit or miss but over the last year, the bus service at CBR and a few other of these resorts has declined IMO. I chalk it up to Disney trying to save money and/or not having as many buses/drivers. We ended up ubering a few times when we realized it's not worth it to wait around.

We had a stay at CBR last June and another coming up this June. Over 8 days we only had one long wait for a bus, and a long wait for me is 30 minutes, then I call an Uber. I can see how it could be a headache during really busy times.

Not sure how I missed it, but I came across this today. The bridges and Castaway Cay are going to be down for refurb!! I called to see if they had exact dates. The castmember I talked to looked it up and said that it is scheduled to be January 3rd to the 17th. The only detractor to staying at CBR was the size of the resort and it just got bigger if you have to walk - or take the internal shuttle - the entire perimeter of CBR to anything the resort offers. OMG
634094pp

Hi. I’m excited to see there’s a Joffrey’s kiosk at the skyliner station. Can anyone that’s been there confirm that I can just get a regular old coffee there. I see lots of other drinks on the menu, but can I just get a boring coffee??

Hi. I’m excited to see there’s a Joffrey’s kiosk at the skyliner station. Can anyone that’s been there confirm that I can just get a regular old coffee there. I see lots of other drinks on the menu, but can I just get a boring coffee??
Yes, you can, and I had one yesterday from that kiosk!!! I am a plain old hot coffee, coffee flavored coffee drinker, and as an avid Dunkin drinker, I think the Joffreys is really good

Yes, you can, and I had one yesterday from that kiosk!!! I am a plain old hot coffee, coffee flavored coffee drinker, and as an avid Dunkin drinker, I think the Joffreys is really good
Thanks so much for your reply - good to know as a fellow Dunkin drinker 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter