• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for all the great feedback and information. My TA did phone on my behalf as soon as it was reported here that people were getting $75 off a night. She was refused. Then she called another time, but by then, the $75 gift card offer was out. The CM on the phone told her that we'd get the gift card at check-in, but there's no written confirmation of this to her or to us.

I am still trying to wrap my head around why some people were notified of the room discount prior to the gift card announcement, while others like myself were not! Any insight? I made a reservation in August 2016, did not receive the $75 room discount, did receive the $75 gc. I really feel Disney handled this poorly and have not treated their customers as equals. It has left a pit in my stomach over our upcoming trip.

Dansdad - you said it, "They screwed up", in my opinion on their communication/miscommunication and I am feeling the financial and emotional side of it.

Is anybody else in the same situation I am in? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I have the $75 room discount & recieved the gift card email. I was not "notified" of the room discount. I have 2 rooms booked for December that we booked last September with a free dining bounceback. When the construction news broke, I read here that people were calling & getting moved to other resorts. I called & requested to be moved. I was FLAT OUT REFUSED. Told I could only move if I gave up my free dining bounceback. My ONLY options were to give up free dining or stay put & receive the $75 a night credit. We got 1 extra fast pass each, just 1. Not 1 a day, just 1 which I had to pick which day we wanted it right then, back in February for December. I have to call back when it is time to schedule fastpasses & get it activated. The day after all this transpired for me, Disney pulled the nightly credit & decided to give gift cards instead. I recieved the gift card email about 2 weeks later. So I don't take that as a mistake. They knew for 2 weeks I had a reduced rate but they still told me I was getting a gift card.

see this makes me angry...why cant they all have the same offer..every time people call they all get different stories. From what I hear though thats nothing new..typical.

Makes me angry too. All I wanted was to move to another moderate & not deal with the construction as other posters had. I would have still been paying full price for my room-- no discount, no gift card. But I was refused so, fine, they can make me stay in a construction zone & compensate me. Disney screwed this up royally. I won't feel bad taking any compensation now.

E
I have the $75 room discount & recieved the gift card email. I was not "notified" of the room discount. I have 2 rooms booked for December that we booked last September with a free dining bounceback. When the construction news broke, I read here that people were calling & getting moved to other resorts. I called & requested to be moved. I was FLAT OUT REFUSED. Told I could only move if I gave up my free dining bounceback. My ONLY options were to give up free dining or stay put & receive the $75 a night credit. We got 1 extra fast pass each, just 1. Not 1 a day, just 1 which I had to pick which day we wanted it right then, back in February for December. I have to call back when it is time to schedule fastpasses & get it activated. The day after all this transpired for me, Disney pulled the nightly credit & decided to give gift cards instead. I recieved the gift card email about 2 weeks later. So I don't take that as a mistake. They knew for 2 weeks I had a reduced rate but they still told me I was getting a gift card.

Makes me angry too. All I wanted was to move to another moderate & not deal with the construction as other posters had. I would have still been paying full price for my room-- no discount, no gift card. But I was refused so, fine, they can make me stay in a construction zone & compensate me. Disney screwed this up royally. I won't feel bad taking any compensation now.

Is thd $75 per night discount given out now or at check in? Can you tell now on MDE that you have the discount?

E

Is thd $75 per night discount given out now or at check in? Can you tell now on MDE that you have the discount?

It is already applied. I got an emailed invoice a few hours after talking with the guest services CM. It shows the reduced rate & the new amount due. It doesn't indicate there is any kind of discount, just lists our package exactly as it did before, with just a different rate.

I haven't linked it to MDE yet because I have a current stay at YC with an annual pass rate. I didn't want anything to mess with that. Also I will have to make an account for my DH as 1 of the packages is in his name. I'll do that & link everything up next week when we get home. But I expect it will show up with the reduced rate like the emailed invoice shows.

Does anyone know if there will be a place to pick up a full size pizza? I don't want room service...I'd rather go get it myself.

It is already applied. I got an emailed invoice a few hours after talking with the guest services CM. It shows the reduced rate & the new amount due. It doesn't indicate there is any kind of discount, just lists our package exactly as it did before, with just a different rate.

I haven't linked it to MDE yet because I have a current stay at YC with an annual pass rate. I didn't want anything to mess with that. Also I will have to make an account for my DH as 1 of the packages is in his name. I'll do that & link everything up next week when we get home. But I expect it will show up with the reduced rate like the emailed invoice shows.

Thank you! I will call/email about it tomorrow.

The funniest thing happening is as the bus goes past Barbados the recording still says "This Is Barbados" as Guests on the bus look over at it THROUGH THE CHAIN LINK FENCE!lol

We've started saying "This WAS Barbados" "over" the recording!lol

There are many different Guest "experiences" with the Gift Card:

Some didn't know about the Construction OR Gift Card before seeing the Construction and being given the Gift Card on arrival.

Some knew about the Construction ,but NOT the Gift Card before it was given to them on arrival.

And the best one so far,I talked to a couple today who thought they were getting ONE $75.00 Gift Card for their entire stay prior to arrival!llol:)

Good advice, I think I will do that. Thanks. Can't hurt anything.

Hey Abbey, we talked a while back about you possibly changing resorts but I know you ended up staying with CBR. I was just curious if you were able to get free dining. I know that was stressing you out. I agree that it sucks about the room discount not offered to everyone. Good luck if you do try to pursue it and I'm hoping for some pixie dust for you. :wizard:

Seeing all the great pictures of the buffet and Island Markets have gotten me even more excited for our trip coming up in 2 weeks! Looks like I spied a large coffee urn at the Island Market to fill up those mugs. Happy to see PINK mugs! Despite the confusion and such about various compensations for the construction, looks like the substitute amenities are just fine.

I would like to see the merchandise truck/tent, though. That is what I will miss most about OPR.

Oh... and on a side note... I was able to switch our 4 person Saturday BOG to a 6 person Wednesday BOG! Have been looking to add 2 to our ADR since my parents decided "last minute" in January to join us for our trip. Changing/adding to all the other ADRs was pretty easy but have been checking multiple times daily for BOG to open up. Just wanted to share this little joy with other peeps who would understand! ;) All the people at work just gave me a weird look when I told them what I was so excited about. LOL :)

Looking forward to our November CBR vacation!!!

Does anyone happen to know if there are toasters that we can use? As well, can we bring in outside food as we could in the past? Reason being, my kids will be 10 and 12 when we travel and aren't huge breakfast eaters. They won't eat their way through $14 worth of food.

Thanks for all the great photos and info regarding the new set up :thanks: We are first time CBR'S, and it feels like we won't be so lost when we get there!

Does anyone happen to know if there are toasters that we can use? As well, can we bring in outside food as we could in the past? Reason being, my kids will be 10 and 12 when we travel and aren't huge breakfast eaters. They won't eat their way through $14 worth of food.

Thanks for all the great photos and info regarding the new set up :thanks: We are first time CBR'S, and it feels like we won't be so lost when we get there!

By bringing in outside food, do you mean taking the kiddos a Pop Tart/granola bar etc. into the buffet tent while Mom/Dad eats? If so, that seems to be encouraged. The buffet tent is the "sit down" area for Grab n Go and Food Truck items so there shouldn't be any problems bringing in a smaller breakfast for the kids. I only have the pictures of the Island Markets and buffet area to go by, but haven't spied a toaster yet. :(

I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It is our favorite resort and always feels like coming home. We've tried other resorts and they just don't have the same "ahhhhh" factor for us.

My friend is there now and said no toasters or microwaves :( oh well...granola bars it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter