Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yanno sometimes I wish I didnt open my big mouth..had three people call me back today to tell me I was not getting a gift card. I was told yes they seen it was marked on my account that I was told I would get a $25 gift card per night along with $75 a night and fastpasses but was told apparently Disney have the right to change their mind and take back any offers they have previously made with no explanation and there is nothing I can do about it. She went on to tell me how grateful I should be that she didnt take back the fastpasses as they were no longer on the table either...I informed her that the fastpasses were given for me holding on the phone for 2 hrs 45 mins.!! So there you have it...they can give and take whatever they want at any time...I asked about moving resorts then and was denied. If my kids were not so set on CBR Pirate rooms this year I swear I would be moving..this has totally sickened me. Its not about the money..heck we are spending over $5000 on this vacation..its principle. When did Disney stop caring about the little person? Its a shame as I will think twice before booking with them again as they cant be trusted.

Yanno sometimes I wish I didnt open my big mouth..had three people call me back today to tell me I was not getting a gift card. I was told yes they seen it was marked on my account that I was told I would get a $25 gift card per night along with $75 a night and fastpasses but was told apparently Disney have the right to change their mind and take back any offers they have previously made with no explanation and there is nothing I can do about it. She went on to tell me how grateful I should be that she didnt take back the fastpasses as they were no longer on the table either...I informed her that the fastpasses were given for me holding on the phone for 2 hrs 45 mins.!! So there you have it...they can give and take whatever they want at any time...I asked about moving resorts then and was denied. If my kids were not so set on CBR Pirate rooms this year I swear I would be moving..this has totally sickened me. Its not about the money..heck we are spending over $5000 on this vacation..its principle. When did Disney stop caring about the little person? Its a shame as I will think twice before booking with them again as they cant be trusted.
Oh no!
That is terrible. How can they do that. Can I ask who you talked to?? Was it CBR or guest services?

Wow, just wow. So sorry this happened to you :(

Oh no!
That is terrible. How can they do that. Can I ask who you talked to?? Was it CBR or guest services?
First it was communications...then guest services...then a guest services manager. She offered me a token $25 gift card becasue I was upset then when I said it wasnt right what they were doing she retracted it...smh

That is awful - definitely make sure you have the name of the person you spoke with and let them know how rude he/she was. I am hoping that we have no issue with out $75 gift card. Were they just questioning the two gift cards or both?

That is awful - definitely make sure you have the name of the person you spoke with and let them know how rude he/she was. I am hoping that we have no issue with out $75 gift card. Were they just questioning the two gift cards or both?
all and any giftcards..its not a deal breaker...we are just in shock how they can offer something to make you stay back in February then take it back 2 months later..as I said...they are not to be trusted anymore.

So disappointing. Maybe it will be OK when you check in.
I actually phoned back later this afternoon just to find out how much my balance was and the CM was lovely..she said my best bet was to speak to the manager at CBR on check in as they have been trying to sort out the mess at the resort so there is always that.

If I understand it all correctly they are only questioning those who got an extra discount AND a gift card. Those who got just the gift card haven't had any difficulties. Not saying it's right by any means, just that there was a loss in communication when they sent out the blanket gift card email. They sent it to everyone rather than figuring out to send it to those who hadn't already received an alternate offer.

If I understand it all correctly they are only questioning those who got an extra discount AND a gift card. Those who got just the gift card haven't had any difficulties. Not saying it's right by any means, just that there was a loss in communication when they sent out the blanket gift card email. They sent it to everyone rather than figuring out to send it to those who hadn't already received an alternate offer.
yes ..this exactly...thanks for making it more clearer :)

I just spoke to the last of the group's that I knew that got denied the $75 per night gift card because they had already got the $75 per night credit. All of them have received a refund on the credits cards used to pay for the rooms equivalent to $75 per night. All are very pleased.

I really don't think anyone is going to have any issues going forward. They've finally realized THEY screwed up.

Nope, apparently they are still screwing things up:

This stinks! I am so sorry you are having this hassle. P,ease try not to let it stress you too much as you recover. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear that! Just an awful feeling and worse customer relations! Definitely follow up, document everything. Keep us posted! I will be thinking of you!

T
I actually phoned back later this afternoon just to find out how much my balance was and the CM was lovely..she said my best bet was to speak to the manager at CBR on check in as they have been trying to sort out the mess at the resort so there is always that.
This is something you should not have to worry about at check in! You budget for your trip and don't need a headache, stomache or wasting time in your trip over this! So sorry!

Nope, apparently they are still screwing things up:

This stinks! I am so sorry you are having this hassle. P,ease try not to let it stress you too much as you recover. :hug:
Thank you...Im trying not to let it worry me..after what I have been through these past 6 months it seems like Im sweating the small stuff. Im truly just thankful to be well enough to be going. Surgeon OK'd me to travel and fly so Im happy. Im putting this all behind me and just concentrating now on the vacation. Kids are going through the roof with excitement and thats all that matters :)

Thank you...Im trying not to let it worry me..after what I have been through these past 6 months it seems like Im sweating the small stuff. Im truly just thankful to be well enough to be going. Surgeon OK'd me to travel and fly so Im happy. Im putting this all behind me and just concentrating now on the vacation. Kids are going through the roof with excitement and thats all that matters :)

Maybe this little trial is just meant to take your mind off the big stuff!! Enjoy the well deserved trip with your family. I hope once you get there, it is all magical!pixiedust:

Just wanted to say thank you for taking time during your stay to update us on all the changes.

No problem-it is really not that bad here,but if I hadn't got the $75.00 GC,that probably would change my "outlook"!lol

The GC really "makes up" for the inconvenience-I feel EVERYONE staying here should get it.

But,the Resort is still gorgeous, the hammocks are still swinging,the Pool is still rocking and the Buffets are the cheapest on property and the only QS Buffets.

Another thing is with all dining "centered" in Centertown Buffet as opposed to "spread out" in OPR,Guests and Cast Members are becoming like a little "family" because we see each other in that small space so much-and the Buffet CMs are AMAZING!

Last edited:
Could anyone comment on the buses?
Think most of the issues with resort work (in our case anyway) can be mitigated if known about in advance but with no car for our Disney week we are worried at what effect the resort construction will have on the bus system
No effect other than no stop in Barbados since it is going Bye Bye,so actually the buses and Resort are less crowded than usual because no one is staying in Barbados or in half of Martinique.

Jamaica ROCKS as the first stop returning from the Parks!!!!

Last edited:
No effect other than no stop in Barbados since it is going Bye Bye,so actually the buses and Resort are less crowded than usual because no one is staying in Barbados or in half of Martinique.

Jamaica ROCKS as the first stop returning from the Parks!!!!
What are your thoughts on staying in what is left of Martinique? I'm torn.
I'm picturing in my mind it being sort of isolated, with green walls on at least 2 sides, parking lot on the other, lake/path way on the other.
That can be great for quiet or it can be rather discomforting at the same time. Sort of hard to say how it will feel.
How does it seem when you look at those buildings? Do they seem sad and abandoned or are they still connected to the rest of the resort enough that it won't make much difference?
Preferred was all they had when I booked so I'm trying to decide where I'd prefer to request

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter