Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the Island Market pictures. Can you get a cold drink there? Or do you buy your mug there then find a freestyle machine?

My wife always insists I word an email too strongly. Since Ksweets first mentioned the issues I have been preparing an email "just in case" and I was curious if either of you would be willing to msg me your emails just so I can see how a nicer email sounds that has actually worked.
To Whom It May Concern
I am writing to you because I am arriving at Disney this Saturday. I booked my reservations last June, in February I was notified that there would be major construction at the resort and was offered 75 dollars a night off my room which I accepted. A few days later I received an email stating I would also receive a 75 dollar a night gift card per night. Even after the 75 dollar a night offer I was still considering changing resorts, until we received the gift card offer. Now I have been seeing in online forums that guests are being told when they check in that they will not receive the gift card because they received the 75 off per night. No where in the email was that stated, I have been now planning my budget the last three months expecting a gift card when I arrived. I'm writings this to you so hopefully this does not happen when I check in, Disney should not be allowed to do this.That is 450 dollars I have been budgeting for for three months. How can Disney do this you can not promise people one thing to stay at the resort and then arrive to not receiving what you where told even when people are presenting this email i have attached. I have pasted email I received regarding gift cards.
Thank You For Your Time,

To Whom It May Concern
I am writing to you because I am arriving at Disney this Saturday. I booked my reservations last June, in February I was notified that there would be major construction at the resort and was offered 75 dollars a night off my room which I accepted. A few days later I received an email stating I would also receive a 75 dollar a night gift card per night. Even after the 75 dollar a night offer I was still considering changing resorts, until we received the gift card offer. Now I have been seeing in online forums that guests are being told when they check in that they will not receive the gift card because they received the 75 off per night. No where in the email was that stated, I have been now planning my budget the last three months expecting a gift card when I arrived. I'm writings this to you so hopefully this does not happen when I check in, Disney should not be allowed to do this.That is 450 dollars I have been budgeting for for three months. How can Disney do this you can not promise people one thing to stay at the resort and then arrive to not receiving what you where told even when people are presenting this email i have attached. I have pasted email I received regarding gift cards.
Thank You For Your Time,
Thanks Heggy..where did you send it to?

heres what I wrote...

To Whom It May Concern

I am writing to you because I am arriving at Caribbean Beach Resort on June 4th. I booked my reservation early February. Later in February I was notified that there would be major construction at the resort and was offered 75 dollars a night off my room, $25 gift card per night and some complimentary fastpasses which I accepted. A few days later I received an email stating that the $25 gift card was being replaced with a $75 per night. Even after the 75 dollar a night offer I was still considering changing resorts, until we received the gift card offer. Now I have been seeing in online forums that guests are being told when they check in that they will not receive the gift card because they received the 75 off per night. No where in the email was that stated, I have been now planning my budget the last three months expecting a gift card when I arrived. I'm writing this to you so hopefully this does not happen when I check in, Disney should not be allowed to do this.That is 375 dollars I have been budgeting for for four months. How can Disney do this? you can not promise people one thing to stay at the resort and then when they arrive deny them what was originally promised even when people are presenting the email.

Looking forward to your reply

Honestly, I really question the wisdom of bringing up not getting something you haven't not gotten, if that makes sense. If I didn't get it I would indeed fight it but no way would I say that I've heard folks on a message board weren't getting their gift cards. That may or may not even be what happens when you arrive. Why bring it up now?

Honestly, I really question the wisdom of bringing up not getting something you haven't not gotten, if that makes sense. If I didn't get it I would indeed fight it but no way would I say that I've heard folks on a message board weren't getting their gift cards. That may or may not even be what happens when you arrive. Why bring it up now?
Id just rather deal with it now and know one way or another than argue with them at checkin

Id just rather deal with it now and know one way or another than argue with them at checkin
I can see that but honestly, it's really easy to turn down and give a no to an email but often harder to do it to a person's face. Just my experience. I think folks may find out they get a No based on their email when they'd have no problems at check in. Just giving another side

I can see that but honestly, it's really easy to turn down and give a no to an email but often harder to do it to a person's face. Just my experience. I think folks may find out they get a No based on their email when they'd have no problems at check in. Just giving another side
I understand...if they say no to the email I will still argue at checking though

Is the tent offering the buffet air conditioned?? I'm assuming yes, but I just need to be sure! lol

I understand...if they say no to the email I will still argue at checking though

I just spoke to the last of the group's that I knew that got denied the $75 per night gift card because they had already got the $75 per night credit. All of them have received a refund on the credits cards used to pay for the rooms equivalent to $75 per night. All are very pleased.

I really don't think anyone is going to have any issues going forward. They've finally realized THEY screwed up.

I just spoke to the last of the group's that I knew that got denied the $75 per night gift card because they had already got the $75 per night credit. All of them have received a refund on the credits cards used to pay for the rooms equivalent to $75 per night. All are very pleased.

I really don't think anyone is going to have any issues going forward. They've finally realized THEY screwed up.

Thanks for posting this. I don't stay at CBR til December (we're actually at YC right now!). We will be traveling with our DS & DDIL for the first time. I don't want to be wasting time dealing with this at check in. I'm hoping this will all be worked out quickly for everyone staying there soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter