• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

With OPR going under construction where will package pickup from parks be?

TIA!
My GUESS is there will be an "area" somewhere to "substitute" for the Merch Shop and PP will be in this "area".

They will need somewhere to sell souvenirs,Sundries,etc.

I had been thinking they would set up a "tent" somewhere to house the temporary Merch Shop.

My GUESS now is that it could just be a room they will "convert" into a temporary Merch Shop since the Market Islands are in rooms.

Couple of odd things. Room 2509 at Martinique is now a grab and go food location. Yes, it's a room. There's a cash register, coolers and displays for bakery. The barn doors to the bathroom are closed. But it's very strange.

Yesterday there were two WDW K-9 unit trucks in front of Barbados. They left. Then as we walked down the stairs of building 11 a CM came out of a ground floor room with a beagle. Yes, like Snoopy.

Barbados has gas/water/cable/ flags all over the place. I don't think it is long for this world.

How are the buses? I have noticed a good many complaints on Facebook in the last week or so.

The wait times aren't bad (although those display boards are useless because they continually push the time back and back). But the trips were awful. So much construction, traffic and red lights. They need express bus lanes everywhere.

Also, on Sunday morning we waited 23 minutes for a DHS bus. We all crammed on and another DHS pulled in behind. It left empty and followed us the entire way. The same thing happened coming back from Disney Springs. We all crammed in, barely a space to stand, and I saw another one pull in, then leave empty and follow us. Their dispatch system has issues.

The wait times aren't bad (although those display boards are useless because they continually push the time back and back). But the trips were awful. So much construction, traffic and red lights. They need express bus lanes everywhere.

Also, on Sunday morning we waited 23 minutes for a DHS bus. We all crammed on and another DHS pulled in behind. It left empty and followed us the entire way. The same thing happened coming back from Disney Springs. We all crammed in, barely a space to stand, and I saw another one pull in, then leave empty and follow us. Their dispatch system has issues.

I probably would have gotten off and on to the empty bus. Haha.

We will spend the am at MK and would like to eat at one of the monorail resorts - either CR or GF. We will then need to bus back to CBR. I assume there is a CBR bus at the TTC. What is the easiest way to do this with the new security in place?

Monorail to Poly and walk to TTC? Monorail to TTC? Go through security and monorail back to MK and get bus there?

We will spend the am at MK and would like to eat at one of the monorail resorts - either CR or GF. We will then need to bus back to CBR. I assume there is a CBR bus at the TTC. What is the easiest way to do this with the new security in place?

Monorail to Poly and walk to TTC? Monorail to TTC? Go through security and monorail back to MK and get bus there?
No, there isn't a CBR bus from TTC. You'll have to get to MK and then get on a CBR bus

I think you need to take the monorail back to MK and get on the bus there. I don't think the busses at MK are actually at the TTC. Or you could go to the contemporary and walk to the bus area at MK.

thanks. Was trying to avoid going through security unnecessarily but no way around it.

thanks. Was trying to avoid going through security unnecessarily but no way around it.
Yeah, it's one of the drawbacks for sure.
We recently took the boat from WL to GF, changing at MK. This required us to go through security even though we never went in to MK.
Luckily, it was no big deal at all

Yeah, it's one of the drawbacks for sure.
We recently took the boat from WL to GF, changing at MK. This required us to go through security even though we never went in to MK.
Luckily, it was no big deal at all
that's what I'm hoping - Short and easy security lines since we will have a stroller and small diaper bag. If our first experience is "normal" MK security lines we will think twice before heading back to a monorail restaurant.

that's what I'm hoping - Short and easy security lines since we will have a stroller and small diaper bag. If our first experience is "normal" MK security lines we will think twice before heading back to a monorail restaurant.
One day last week I popped over to the Poly to look for a Moana pin (impossible to find) and it took me longer to wait for the Monorail to arrive than it did to get through security. It was around lunch time so it was not super busy like mornings and night. Make sure to be ready with bags open and everything out of the stroller. That seemed to be what was holding people up the longest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter