• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm staying at CBR in September and look forward to the updates coming from this thread. I'd like to see how they'll set up merch and souvenirs. Also I did land the 75$GC so that's a good bonus for this canuck

Yesterday, the walkways to Custom House were closed - you cannot walk to or from Custom House. You can call for a ride, or take the internal shuttle. Barbados is closed and being emptied, as are the 3 standard buildings in Martinique. There was a pop-up gift shop "truck" parked by the pool last night.

Yesterday, the walkways to Custom House were closed - you cannot walk to or from Custom House. You can call for a ride, or take the internal shuttle. Barbados is closed and being emptied, as are the 3 standard buildings in Martinique. There was a pop-up gift shop "truck" parked by the pool last night.
Wonder if this is permanent for the duration of construction or temporary based on what specific work was being done yesterday?

Wonder if this is permanent for the duration of construction or temporary based on what specific work was being done yesterday?
It is my assumption that it is permanent as they tear down Barbados to make way for the elusive tower that has yet to be announced.

I am booked for my return to CBR on Dec 8th to Dec 13th with the free dining promotion. We have two rooms standard. We are bringing my grandson for the first time and I can't wait. I am wondering though after reading all the stuff here about this major construction going on at CBR if this was a wise move. Any advice?

I am booked for my return to CBR on Dec 8th to Dec 13th with the free dining promotion. We have two rooms standard. We are bringing my grandson for the first time and I can't wait. I am wondering though after reading all the stuff here about this major construction going on at CBR if this was a wise move. Any advice?
How old is DGS? If he's like most little boys, construction is about the coolest thing ever and may even be a bigger draw than the theme parks LOL
Really though, I think even on a first trip it will be fine. These things never tend to bother the kids, unless the adults let their annoyance show. Kids are so much more flexible and tend to go with the flow. I'm certain he'll have very wonderful memories no matter what is going on at the resort.

How old is DGS? If he's like most little boys, construction is about the coolest thing ever and may even be a bigger draw than the theme parks LOL
Really though, I think even on a first trip it will be fine. These things never tend to bother the kids, unless the adults let their annoyance show. Kids are so much more flexible and tend to go with the flow. I'm certain he'll have very wonderful memories no matter what is going on at the resort.

thank you. He will be 23 months. We are also taking his mom and his aunt who have never been to the World before. I don't want to take away from there magic either

That's a great idea. definitely going to try this if security lines are any real length.

Finally heading back to Disney the end of August into early Sept. Having a difficult time booking since we are late to the party doing so. Love CBR but were not super excited to stay during construction but it's available. Room is a pirate standard in Trinidad South. How much of an impact will we have in this area in regards to the construction? Not thrilled about the Pirate room but was told that is all there is available.

Does anyone know if the all you can eat buffet for dinner & breakfast is considered QS or TS under the dining plan?

Also, what's this about gift cards? Are we eligible for the $25 per day or am I too late in booking?

Thank you!!

I keep reading about the gift cards they are offering people effected by staying at CBR. Is this something that is till be offered? I read someone got them even though there trip is 2018. Update - never mind got my answer through Disney.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter