Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I also had groceries delivered through Safeway and that didn't come with a charge, just a tip when bell services dropped it off.
Yes,deliveries made through the Front Desk are subject to the fee,deliveries made through Bell Services/Luggage Assistance-Garden Grocer,EVCs,etc. are not.:)

Since I'm trying to make my way through all the deluxe and moderates at Disney, the Caribbean was next on my list. I don't know if I want to stay there a whole week or do a split with either the Contemporary or Grand Floridian since these are the 3 I haven't stayed at yet. I know the real construction hasn't started yet, so folks may not know what will and will not be effected. Looking at the map, it would seem that I could request Aruba, Jamaica, or Trinidad South and avoid most of the noise. Not really into booking a pirate room, so that leaves Aruba or Jamaica--for those of u who have stayed at either of these, are the grounds around both similar and my ability to get a quiet room at either pretty good? Any buildings better than others? One thing u should know is that distance from amenities and bus wait times are not an issue with me (may have a car anyway). I'm looking at both 2nd week in September and will probably also be there 1st week in December--so hopefully both are fairly less busy times. Any advice or info in general about the resort would be greatly appreciated.

So if a Guest doesn't use online check-in,the GC is "presented" to the Guest BEFORE room payment is taken and can be applied to room payment at time of check-in?Thanks!:)

I don't understand this... After a dozen trips to the World.. I ALWAYS have to have my vacation package paid in full 45 days before check-in..Does this mean you can make final payment at check in???? I wondered how some on the thread were able to apply the gift card to paying off their room. I always book thru a TA. Someone please explain what I'm missing.. Thanks

Considering a stay at CBR in August but the construction is making me nervous. I have read that they are building a temporary dining area. Does anyone know if this is going to be an enclosed area with AC or will it just be open to the elements? Thanks

I don't understand this... After a dozen trips to the World.. I ALWAYS have to have my vacation package paid in full 45 days before check-in..Does this mean you can make final payment at check in???? I wondered how some on the thread were able to apply the gift card to paying off their room. I always book thru a TA. Someone please explain what I'm missing.. Thanks
If you book room only I believe your deposit is 1 night stay with the rest due at check in.

The rules for room-only reservations are different than package reservations. Room-only books a deposit at the time of reservation and pays the rest at check-in.

The rules for room-only reservations are different than package reservations. Room-only books a deposit at the time of reservation and pays the rest at check-in.

Ok, this makes sense...This is the first time ever that I made a room only ressie. Started out as room and a couple of park day tickets.. cancelled the tickets when I bought park hoppers on ParkSavers. Thought I could use the GC for food this time. So I have until check in to pay in full with a room only ressie?? That is ok with me.

I books CBR back in December for our upcoming stay this September. I received no email, my TA received no email, has anyone had any luck calling and getting an email resent to confirm gift cards?

I booked in February for a December trip and I haven't received an email either. I called disney and they said i would get the Gc. I guess we can see how the next few months go for people.

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I know there are very knowledgeable people in here that can help.. we have a split stay this year 5 days CBR 2 days AKL..they are offering us two sets of magicband for both stays. Do we take both sets or decline one? Im worried that our tickets wont be linked to the 2nd band, does that make sense? ( we have a 7 day hopper on our MDE account) thanks.

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I know there are very knowledgeable people in here that can help.. we have a split stay this year 5 days CBR 2 days AKL..they are offering us two sets of magicband for both stays. Do we take both sets or decline one? Im worried that our tickets wont be linked to the 2nd band, does that make sense? ( we have a 7 day hopper on our MDE account) thanks.
Bands will be clones of each other. There is no need to worry because you could just have a cm link them at check in if there was an issue.

Your tickets, room, Dining Credits, etc are all linked to your MDE account. Think of these as money and your MDE account as you bank account.

Every Magic Band that is active on your MDE account will have access to tickets, Dining Credits, etc. Think of the Magic Bands as Debit/ATM cards. Any active Debit/ATM card will have access to the money in the bank.

An update....we checked in yesterday morning and received the "construction Mickey" $75/night gift card without any problems. It was great that they had the gift card ready to go with our names on it without having to even ask for it. We are in a King room in Jamaica 42. While not Jamaica 45, it is still very close & convenient to the bridge over to OPR.

Now for construction, wow, there is a ton of activity going on next to OPR. I am assuming the structure they are building is the temporary location for dining services. It appears to have windows and doors and will be completely contained as inside dining. The structure does not look anywhere close to being completed by 4/30, but can't see how it could not be with OPR closing on 4/30. I would not want to be located in Martinque with all of the construction...it is very noisy and disruptive.

So far it's been a great stay!

Hi guys, I have a reservation for 8 nights at CBR in September. When we booked, the only availability was pirate rooms, so we went with that because the gift card offer was too tempting. But now, some standard rooms are available, and we like them more. Do you think we can change room without losing the gift card ?

We checked in last night. Got a " room ready" text about 11 am but didn't actually arrive until 8. Went to the front desk to check on the giftcards since we got the email. No giftcards were presented. They needed to see the email and then the manager took care if it. She had to go have the giftcards made up for our 5 night stay. It was a slight inconvenience but worth it. Make sure you come armed with your email!

It makes me nervous that some people have had to show their email in order to get the gift cards. We never receive emails from Disney, even though they have our email on file (which we continue to verify). Our TA said that she was assured on the phone that we will get the gift cards, but we have nothing written. We booked bounce back from last fall, for this coming fall.

It makes me nervous that some people have had to show their email in order to get the gift cards. We never receive emails from Disney, even though they have our email on file (which we continue to verify). Our TA said that she was assured on the phone that we will get the gift cards, but we have nothing written. We booked bounce back from last fall, for this coming fall.

I'm wondering if it's because the original deal was to give the gc for check ins after may 1. It seems some late April dates were sent an email and some weren't. I booked in February for a December stay and have yet to receive an email.

Reactions: CJK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter