Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I received my room number via email, but went into check in with my email in hand. The cm thanked me for having the printed email and then looked at my reservation, then said she was going to go get my gift card. It was in a sealed envelope with a short thank you letter with my info printed on it. No issues what so ever. And it was for the promised amount, for all 10 nights. It appears to be a special printed card, the design is Mickey doing construction.

This is awesome news!!!!! So happy you received your gift card with no problems :) I hope my experience is the same on Saturday!

This may not be the exact right place to ask but since we are on the subject of Gift Cards.....

Can the card be linked to the MDE and MagicBands? That way if our party splits up and say, would like a little adult refreshment, that both people will be able to use it? Or do you have to carry the one actual card with you?

No big deal either way; just curious.

This may not be the exact right place to ask but since we are on the subject of Gift Cards.....

Can the card be linked to the MDE and MagicBands? That way if our party splits up and say, would like a little adult refreshment, that both people will be able to use it? Or do you have to carry the one actual card with you?

You can't preload the Gift Cards to your MDE account. But you can use them to pay off your balance as you go if you use your Magicbands to charge back to your room.

Unfortunately you can't use a Magic Band to pay with a gift card, however, you should have two other options: (1) use the Magic Band charging privileges and then go to the front desk and pay your balance with the gift card before they charge your on file credit card; or (2) get another gift card and split the balance between them using the transfer function at disneygiftcard.com. I don't know what the smallest balance is that you can put on a gift card if you purchased a "blank" (or maybe the front desk,would be willing to give you an extra card to use to split it). Registering your card on Disneygiftcard.com and having an extra card are good ideas anyway so the you can easily move the money to a different card if you lose it.

Last edited:
I received my room number via email, but went into check in with my email in hand. The cm thanked me for having the printed email and then looked at my reservation, then said she was going to go get my gift card. It was in a sealed envelope with a short thank you letter with my info printed on it. No issues what so ever. And it was for the promised amount, for all 10 nights. It appears to be a special printed card, the design is Mickey doing construction.
So the GC was given BEFORE room payment-it CAN be applied to room payment when checking in if desired?Thanks.:)

So the GC was given BEFORE room payment-it CAN be applied to room payment when checking in if desired?Thanks.:)

If you do online check-in, they charge your card that morning. But even if they do, they most likely can reverse the charge and apply the gift card - but the funds would still be tied up on your credit card for a few days.

If you do online check-in, they charge your card that morning. But even if they do, they most likely can reverse the charge and apply the gift card - but the funds would still be tied up on your credit card for a few days.
We did the online check two weeks ago and was not charged anything

So if a Guest doesn't use online check-in,the GC is "presented" to the Guest BEFORE room payment is taken and can be applied to room payment at time of check-in?Thanks!:)

We did the online check two weeks ago and was not charged anything

The morning of arrival day, they authorize the card you give when you do your online check-in, to make sure it's good. If there's an issue with the card, they'll text you to come by the front desk, instead of texting you the room number. On the card company's end of things, the authorization ties up the funds the same as a "charge". It's semantics.

Question- today I did online check in...I wanted to request a certain area but it was not an option...was it because we are getting a king? What should we do to request an island like Aruba or Jamaica?

Question- today I did online check in...I wanted to request a certain area but it was not an option...was it because we are getting a king? What should we do to request an island like Aruba or Jamaica?

Send them a fax 9 days out. There's a glitch in the online check-in that only lets you select Martinique.

Is there a form to fill out? How do you fax the requests?
Fax - 407-934-2736 Just a brief message with your name , reservation number and request.. I usually just call them rather than fax about 5 days out 407-939-7429 and ask for Reservations..ask them to put some room requests on your file :)

Fax - 407-934-2736 Just a brief message with your name , reservation number and request.. I usually just call them rather than fax about 5 days out 407-939-7429 and ask for Reservations..ask them to put some room requests on your file :)

Thank you!!!

Hi all!

We checked in the 19th. We received the $75/night credit prior to the gift card offer and I did not receive an email so I honestly did not ask about the gift card. I had gotten a text that our room was ready, however it was 2nd floor and I really wanted ground floor with all the running were doing. We had to "downgrade" from a preferred room and are in martinique 23. (Our original room was in 24 so no big difference.) they credited our room about $300 which is probably not quite the difference, but I'll take it. So far the only construction I've seen is the temporary dining location. It is behind centertown/OPR closer to Trinidad. I could see how if your room was in the closest building it could be disturbing to hear that noise.

FYI: Theme Park Brothers has a You Tube Channel and he just did a walk through of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and has several of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort during the construction there too. From what I understand, he will be doing follow-up videos at Caribbean Beach. I'm not sure how up close and in depth they will be able to get but I thought that I'd throw it out there if y'all want to keep an eye on his you tube channel. (I am not affiliated with them at all. Just happened across their channel.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter