Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

The front desk definitely knows about the discount because I questioned why we were not offered that compensation, and the manager said what we are experiencing is not the actual construction, but the prep for construction. He stated that the gc compensation was to make up for the inconvenience of major construction. The prep is still pretty disruptive, honestly.

The front desk definitely knows about the discount because I questioned why we were not offered that compensation, and the manager said what we are experiencing is not the actual construction, but the prep for construction. He stated that the gc compensation was to make up for the inconvenience of major construction. The prep is still pretty disruptive, honestly.

So you didn't get the gift card?

I am glad that they gave you something, and this makes me more relaxed for our check in today regarding gift card. Just waiting on our plane!

Since you were one of the few that received the $75/night gift card email, I will be very interested in hearing whether you receive the gift card or not at check-in. I also received the same email and will be checking in on Saturday. Thank you!

No gift card. They credited our account one nights room and the equivalent of a counter service for 4. I think the amount was $260. They applied this directly to our account.
awesome!! good for you :) Hope you have a wonderful time

No gift card. They credited our account one nights room and the equivalent of a counter service for 4. I think the amount was $260. They applied this directly to our account.

I'm curious to know if you received the $75/night gift card email like a few of us on here did. Thanks!

No gift card email. My dates were 4/14 - 4/22. I called when gc were announced, but they said my dates were not included and we would not feel the effects of any construction. We came back to the room this morning around 11:30 to relax and werw met by jack hammers and table saws.

We went down to custom house to inquire and they said that this is not the construction, just prep work. They offered to move us or give us a credit to our account. We chose the credit. I have pics, but need to investigate how to post them. :)

No gift card email. My dates were 4/14 - 4/22. I called when gc were announced, but they said my dates were not included and we would not feel the effects of any construction. We came back to the room this morning around 11:30 to relax and werw met by jack hammers and table saws.

We went down to custom house to inquire and they said that this is not the construction, just prep work. They offered to move us or give us a credit to our account. We chose the credit. I have pics, but need to investigate how to post them. :)

Thanks for your quick reply! It's good to know what to expect when we check in on Saturday. Can I ask what building you are in?

They offered to move us or give us a credit to our account. We chose the credit.

Awesome!:)

Which begs the question as to how they are going to "handle" future Guests who did not make the "compensation deadline" and go to the Front Desk-should be very "interesting"!:)

I think they could have saved a lot of bad PR by going ahead and compensating all Guests.

Can anyone tell me which brand coffee pods work with the coffee makers?

My parents are obsessed with coffee (particularly a Puerto Rican brand called Cafe Bustelo) and our last trip we spent way too much time waiting for them at Starbucks. If I could get Cafe Bustelo pods or something similar that would add another half hour to each day.

Can anyone tell me which brand coffee pods work with the coffee makers?

My parents are obsessed with coffee (particularly a Puerto Rican brand called Cafe Bustelo) and our last trip we spent way too much time waiting for them at Starbucks. If I could get Cafe Bustelo pods or something similar that would add another half hour to each day.

Brand doesn't matter. As long as they are single cup, round, tea bag material your good.

Since you were one of the few that received the $75/night gift card email, I will be very interested in hearing whether you receive the gift card or not at check-in. I also received the same email and will be checking in on Saturday. Thank you!

I received my room number via email, but went into check in with my email in hand. The cm thanked me for having the printed email and then looked at my reservation, then said she was going to go get my gift card. It was in a sealed envelope with a short thank you letter with my info printed on it. No issues what so ever. And it was for the promised amount, for all 10 nights. It appears to be a special printed card, the design is Mickey doing construction.

I have a client who booked during the $75 a night gift card window. The email that I received did not reference the credit/card at all. I have called three times inquiring whether or not they will receive the credit. Two times I was told that it was noted in their reservation.

Yesterday, I was told the same thing. However they also told me that the resort check in now has lists of the reservations that were booked in the qualifying time frame. They gave me the number to "the front desk" so that I could call to confirm. I called the number and was told to hold for one of the supervisors. I held for fifteen minutes but had another call that I had to take.

I will be calling them again tomorrow morning and will post what they tell me here.

Were they offering to move you to a different secton of the resort or to a different resort? We check in on Friday and have requested Jamaica or Aruba; now I'm concerned we might not get our request if they're moving current guests out of Martinique to quieter parts of the resort.

I'm really starting to worry about all the construction that will be going on while we're there (26Aug-02Sep). It's our first family trip to WDW, and the kids really loved the beaches and hammocks when we were looking at the resort pictures and videos, so we booked. We're getting the gift cards, so that's great, but I'm really worried about how noisy it's going to be. Has Disney offered gift cards for renos before, or is this kinda unheard of?

We stayed at the Poly year before last during their destruction/construction and we were minimally impacted. Granted we did receive our request for a building I knew would be furthest away from construction, but I think it really is relative and depends on what type of person you are? We're pretty laid back so it was no big deal. We also had an experience last year at POFQ. During the middle of our stay they started tearing out the sidewalk that was in front of our room between the doorway walkways and the parking lot w/o us knowing they would be. We could still walk in the doorway walkways and had to walk around a few extra feet when going to buses or food court but I didn't think it was enough to complain about?

I received my room number via email, but went into check in with my email in hand. The cm thanked me for having the printed email and then looked at my reservation, then said she was going to go get my gift card. It was in a sealed envelope with a short thank you letter with my info printed on it. No issues what so ever. And it was for the promised amount, for all 10 nights. It appears to be a special printed card, the design is Mickey doing construction.
Thank you for sharing this! I've been stressing all week about my Tuesday check in, now I feel relaxed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter