Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So, we are booked to arrive July 9, currently booked at CBR. We love POR, but decided to try out CBR this trip since it's a little less expensive, and we are hoping we may be able to snag a discount on a standard view room when summer RO discounts come out (standard view discounts at POR are almost impossible in my experience!). I have been reading up on CBR, and DH and I were finally getting more into the idea of trying someplace new - and then the construction news came out :sad2:

So, for those more "in the know" about this resort, what is your thinking? Are we making a mistake visiting in July? Is it going to be a mess? We DO plan to spend a couple of hours at the resort every afternoon, we are not open to close park commandos (in fact, we are usually done at the parks by 7 or 8). Still hoping to maybe get a POR discount, but should I be worried enough to postpone our trip til next year? We can only afford to go every 3 years or so, so I don't want to "waste" a trip with s horrible experience (or turn us off of CBR strictly due to bad construction experience), but I really don't want to wait another year to go back, either. We can only afford to go if we can book for the same or less than we are currently paying, and value is NOT an option for us.
We went ahead and switched our resort from the CBR to POR for our week in April. The price was pretty much the same for us since we get 35% off for Military. This would be my kid's first trip ever and with us spending so much money I didn't want to worry about construction noise when we came back to nap etc. Since there is no guarantee where your room will be I just didn't want to have to worry about it and decided for peace of mind to switch.

Will be there next week.Yay!!!! My question is my return home flight is on Monday the 20th at 7 am. How long would it take by uber to get to the airport between 5:45 and 6? Thought about the DME but would have to deal with luggage from room to customs house to get on bus. Wife not thrilled at all about getting up at 3am and then lugging suitcases from North Trinidad to the customs house. Anyone else take uber to airport?

So has anyone stayed in the pirate rooms before? Every year my little boy asks to stay in one and we can never afford it. He will be 8 this year and was begging us so we are making it happen..only thing is I heard bad stuff about the beds? We wont be changing our minds but just lay it on me what they are like so I know what to expect. This will be our 9th time at CBR so I know where they are distance wise...that dosnt bother me one bit. Thanks :)

Okay...so, now that I've read almost this entire thread (not kidding, I just spent the past two days doing so), I've still got questions. Not because y'all haven't already explained things 1200 times...but because I'm terrible with maps and figuring out what is where by looking at them.

So I have a few questions:
1.Do they still have small playgrounds on each village's beach? Bonus thanks if you have any pictures of them to share!

2. Is it possible to request a room near the bridge to Caribbean Cay and away from the possible construction? I have booked two water view rooms for early May.

3. Have they stopped doing the kids' pirate cruise at CBR? I called to book it today and was told it wasn't available for the entire 8 days we will be there in May...the CM I was talking to said it didn't look full, just wasn't available in their system to book.

4. ...And finally the most complicated question (which I feel like I should understand from all of the info hear but I'm simply not wrapping my mind around the resort layout yet) is a multi-part one about my room request?

Things I would like (in order of importance)
1. away from smoking areas (we have asthma and allergy issues with some of the kids)
2. away from construction areas
3. near the Caribbean Cay walkway so we are close to the playground there OR near one of the small beach playgrounds if they still exist
4. It'd be great to be able to be close to the food court as well, but that is not a deal breaker for us as we will have a car with us.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm sorry I can't seem to figure out my own answers to these questions which I'm sure you've already answered!

Okay...so, now that I've read almost this entire thread (not kidding, I just spent the past two days doing so), I've still got questions. Not because y'all haven't already explained things 1200 times...but because I'm terrible with maps and figuring out what is where by looking at them.

So I have a few questions:
1.Do they still have small playgrounds on each village's beach? Bonus thanks if you have any pictures of them to share!

2. Is it possible to request a room near the bridge to Caribbean Cay and away from the possible construction? I have booked two water view rooms for early May.

3. Have they stopped doing the kids' pirate cruise at CBR? I called to book it today and was told it wasn't available for the entire 8 days we will be there in May...the CM I was talking to said it didn't look full, just wasn't available in their system to book.

4. ...And finally the most complicated question (which I feel like I should understand from all of the info hear but I'm simply not wrapping my mind around the resort layout yet) is a multi-part one about my room request?

Things I would like (in order of importance)
1. away from smoking areas (we have asthma and allergy issues with some of the kids)
2. away from construction areas
3. near the Caribbean Cay walkway so we are close to the playground there OR near one of the small beach playgrounds if they still exist
4. It'd be great to be able to be close to the food court as well, but that is not a deal breaker for us as we will have a car with us.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm sorry I can't seem to figure out my own answers to these questions which I'm sure you've already answered!

1. Yes. Sorry, I don't have any pictures though.
2 Yup.
3. I don't know. They were still doing it in December.
4. Since you have a Water View room booked you will not be near or facing a DSA. For the rest of your points the following would fit them perfectly:

Any building in Trinidad North
Jamaica 45
Aruba 51

Hope you have a Magical Trip!

Will be there next week.Yay!!!! My question is my return home flight is on Monday the 20th at 7 am. How long would it take by uber to get to the airport between 5:45 and 6? Thought about the DME but would have to deal with luggage from room to customs house to get on bus. Wife not thrilled at all about getting up at 3am and then lugging suitcases from North Trinidad to the customs house. Anyone else take uber to airport?

Sorry, we've never used Uber back to MCO. But I will suggest as a possibility to have Bell Services pick you and your luggage up at your room and take you to The Custom House. We do this every trip and it's awesome hot having to deal with our luggage until we get home.

In my estimation the ride from CBR to MCO would be ~35 minutes.

Has anyone spoke to Mickeystoontown? Been trying to find her on here , thanks :)

I have not seen her lately either. But I did send her a PM to see if everything is okay.

So has anyone stayed in the pirate rooms before? Every year my little boy asks to stay in one and we can never afford it. He will be 8 this year and was begging us so we are making it happen..only thing is I heard bad stuff about the beds? We wont be changing our minds but just lay it on me what they are like so I know what to expect. This will be our 9th time at CBR so I know where they are distance wise...that dosnt bother me one bit. Thanks :)

We have not stayed in one personally, but our friends have and really do like them. They said the beds were just fine and have gotten much better since the last refurb.

Loved the theming - easily the "coolest" room we've stayed in at WDW. Beds are full, not queens, but were plenty comfy. We were there in September.

1. Yes. Sorry, I don't have any pictures though.
2 Yup.
3. I don't know. They were still doing it in December.
4. Since you have a Water View room booked you will not be near or facing a DSA. For the rest of your points the following would fit them perfectly:

Any building in Trinidad North
Jamaica 45
Aruba 51

Hope you have a Magical Trip!

They did get new mattresses during the refurb. I've never stayed in the pirate rooms but have heard the new mattresses are much better than the old ones. Still full size though. My son wants to stay in the pirate rooms too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter