Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I have an online check-in question:) We are currently booked at CBR standard view and when I went to look at the room location requests, the only village I have an option to choose is village of Martinique. Is this just how bad the website is with room requests? Why are there not any other villages and why is there an option for water view and why......:laughing:
upload_2017-2-2_9-30-49.png

Online check in list is like the cloud.....no one understands it! Haha! Not sure if it still there but it use to do first floor, second floor, bottom floor and top floor. I was glad I wanted Martinique. I had called in and added requests.

How long is construction thought to last? If we decide to take a trip in late September, would it still be ongoing?

Construction permits are good through 2018. They have to completely tear down multiple buildings and then construct a multiple floored building(s) in that space. So yes , it will still be going on in September.

The drop down is rather silly. There are no elevators, either. You can write in requests, I believe, or just call.
Someone ought to call and request to be near the elevator...that would mess with their heads!!! :P

I have been reading and reading about the size. I am a bit confused still. It appears that due to its size does it have an internal bus system like Fort Wilderness or do the resort buses ride the loop and drop you off at one of a few stops?

I have been reading and reading about the size. I am a bit confused still. It appears that due to its size does it have an internal bus system like Fort Wilderness or do the resort buses ride the loop and drop you off at one of a few stops?
Both! There's an internal bus that just circles around, then there are buses that stop at every village before heading out to the parks.

I have an online check-in question:) We are currently booked at CBR standard view and when I went to look at the room location requests, the only village I have an option to choose is village of Martinique. Is this just how bad the website is with room requests? Why are there not any other villages and why is there an option for water view and why......:laughing:
View attachment 218309

My experience with online requests with this stay has led me to ignore it in the future and do call-in only. I guess I had chosen "ground floor" online (as it was the only option pertinent to me) and promptly forgotten that I did so. I called in requests about 7-10 days out (per Dan's advice - thank you!), with a Murphy bed being my #1 priority, followed by ground floor. When we got to the resort, it appeared the online overrode my phone-in. Actually, they could not see it at all. The phone CM repeated it back several times throughout the convo, so I feel confident she put it in there. And the resort CM said that happens pretty often, where they can't see the phone-in when there is also online requests. I don't know how often this happens, but I might be wary of requesting too in many different places/ways.

On the bright side, the CM was able to get us a Murphy bed room, so we were really excited about that! She was very sweet, and I'm going to send an email to guest services about how great she was!

Does anyone know where I can see the February activity schedule? We are going in March and I just want to get an idea what might be offered.

So, we are booked to arrive July 9, currently booked at CBR. We love POR, but decided to try out CBR this trip since it's a little less expensive, and we are hoping we may be able to snag a discount on a standard view room when summer RO discounts come out (standard view discounts at POR are almost impossible in my experience!). I have been reading up on CBR, and DH and I were finally getting more into the idea of trying someplace new - and then the construction news came out :sad2:

So, for those more "in the know" about this resort, what is your thinking? Are we making a mistake visiting in July? Is it going to be a mess? We DO plan to spend a couple of hours at the resort every afternoon, we are not open to close park commandos (in fact, we are usually done at the parks by 7 or 8). Still hoping to maybe get a POR discount, but should I be worried enough to postpone our trip til next year? We can only afford to go every 3 years or so, so I don't want to "waste" a trip with s horrible experience (or turn us off of CBR strictly due to bad construction experience), but I really don't want to wait another year to go back, either. We can only afford to go if we can book for the same or less than we are currently paying, and value is NOT an option for us.

Just back from our first stay at CBR, wanted to share our thoughts:

1. Requested Jamaica or Aruba (45/51), got room ready text when we landed for Barbados 14... Went to Custom House and asked if they had anything closer to OPR...they were awesome and moved us to Trinidad 32 for no extra charge, nice Pixie Dust!

2. Trinidad 32 was a great location, very quiet, nice room, 2 minute walk to OPR. No Murphy bed so had 6 nice dresser drawers and plenty of hangers. No construction noise from Trinidad South. You can hear Epcot and HS fireworks (7:45 and 9pm for our time there).

3. Resort was beautiful, buses were OK. During the week we were there, only one bus at a time, so hit ALL stops every time, but it wasn't bad. Only had to stand one night when we left park at closing. We were surprised it was quick to all the parks!

4. Ended up eating at Shutters 4 nights, the food was great and only 1 table service credit. They were testing a new short rib dish which was terrific, the chef said it's going on the new menu next week, highly recommended

5. They have a BIG (1,300) pin trading board at 7:30pm every night (I didn't count them, they said 1,300 pins )

6. Saw too many times people waiting at bus stop with luggage to check out....we called Bell Services the night before and they reserved a time for us and bellhop came right to our door, no fee, we did tip, very nice service!

7. On 2/2, there were LOTS of dance/cheer groups checking in, seriously 5-6 groups of 30 each? They were polite but very energetic

8. Mousekeeping was very good too!

Last edited:
We will be checking out on Tuesday 2/7 and will have almost a full case of water leftover. Anybody coming in soon that we could leave it for you at bell services??

We will be checking out on Tuesday 2/7 and will have almost a full case of water leftover. Anybody coming in soon that we could leave it for you at bell services??

Hi, We are checking in Monday, 2/13. We'd love to have the water if it would work out! Thank you!!

IM baaaaackkkkkkkkkkkk.....YAY..!! We just booked CBR Pirate room for June 3rd to 10th...we are excited!!! I feel like I have been gone forever! I will try catch up here. We did the old...why dont we go somewhere different but it always comes back to CBR our second home :) Great to be back onboard the CBR thread..hugs to all the old regulars :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter