• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry for the quick posts earlier. It is pretty hot right now so we changed our fast passes to later this evening and came back to the resort to rest.

I am not sure what they are doing with the playground on the island but it is currently closed. They have some machinery in there and it looks like maybe they are digging up the existing padding around the main play area.

The Jamaica pool is open. I am not sure if anyone had reported that already. I haven't taken my stroll around the resort yet but I will and will report back in on anything else that I see is going on.

I am so glad that we cut our Pop stay short and we are at the CBR. I didn't think that we would miss the resort so much. Once the novelty of Pop wore off we were done.

Thank you so much ConnecticutNonna! I hope I do too! but as you can see none of us look like my sweet mama except the youngest. My mama is tiny (so is my grandaughter-the little one in the picture) and the rest of us are tall and/or fluffy:goodvibes
Honeychild, None of you is "fluffy"! Bless your heart!
You are all stunning tall beauties with Rubenesque curves!
Isn't it funny how genetics work?!?

I really tried to fall in love with pop but just couldn't. Even with a party of five, I think that you will okay. The bathroom size and the beds were a real issue for us.
It's truly not for everyone. We normally travel with some of our grandkids so we LOVE the vibe we get there, for them. We are not in the room much so the size never has mattered BUT now that we are staying at CBR, I may have a whole new appreciation for CBR and may not ever want to go back. LOL! I will report back in October :rotfl:

Honeychild, None of you is "fluffy"! Bless your heart!
You are all stunning tall beauties with Rubenesque curves!
Isn't it funny how genetics work?!?
You are too sweet! This picture is about 3 years old but we all look about the same (except my grey that was dark brownish red in this picture is now blond with lowlights to cover the grey better. LOL) Genetics are sooooo strange. Both my mom and dad were very petite (mom- 5'0" and 110 dad 5'6" and 150) All of us kids are 5'8" or taller, I have a brother that is 6'2"! (I am the only one that has the fuller figure but thats ok cause I do love to eat :) ). I look at my 9 grandkids and think about it all the time. They are all soooo different. The granddaughter in this picture is now 15 and full grown at 5'2" and her brother is is 6'6"! Not one of the kids look anything alike in any of my kids family's. We have hair color from blond to dark brown to red and every shade of eye color there is. The gene's run deep somewhere.

It's truly not for everyone. We normally travel with some of our grandkids so we LOVE the vibe we get there, for them. We are not in the room much so the size never has mattered BUT now that we are staying at CBR, I may have a whole new appreciation for CBR and may not ever want to go back. LOL! I will report back in October :rotfl:
The only reason that we are not at CBR this year is because we are taking my 80 year-old Italian mother and wanted a suite to let her have her own bathroom. We have stayed at CBR with her previously, but her health and her hearing aren't what they used to be, so we are staying at AoA. We have already planning for our "Valentine's Trip" in 2017...just the wife and I to CBR. Just has a beauty to it that makes it our favorite resort.

Thank you so much ConnecticutNonna! I hope I do too! but as you can see none of us look like my sweet mama except the youngest. My mama is tiny (so is my grandaughter-the little one in the picture) and the rest of us are tall and/or fluffy:goodvibes
I don't see an unattractive lady in the bunch. And as for "fluffy," enjoy life and be secure who you are. You are all beautiful.

Sorry for the quick posts earlier. It is pretty hot right now so we changed our fast passes to later this evening and came back to the resort to rest.

I am not sure what they are doing with the playground on the island but it is currently closed. They have some machinery in there and it looks like maybe they are digging up the existing padding around the main play area.

The Jamaica pool is open. I am not sure if anyone had reported that already. I haven't taken my stroll around the resort yet but I will and will report back in on anything else that I see is going on.

I am so glad that we cut our Pop stay short and we are at the CBR. I didn't think that we would miss the resort so much. Once the novelty of Pop wore off we were done.
YAY so glad you are back at CBR..we arrive tuesday

I'm getting closer and closer to the day we are able to call and reserve a village. We don't want to upgrade to preferred so we are thinking Jamaica 45/44 or Aruba 51. I was leaning towards Jamaica but the page says the pool is closed. But then I heard it was open last week. Can anyone confirm the current pool situation.

I'm getting closer and closer to the day we are able to call and reserve a village. We don't want to upgrade to preferred so we are thinking Jamaica 45/44 or Aruba 51. I was leaning towards Jamaica but the page says the pool is closed. But then I heard it was open last week. Can anyone confirm the current pool situation.
I am here now and while we aren't in Jamaica I have seen guests going in and out of the pool area.

Aruba 51 is near the bridge but is further away from the Aruba bus stop. We are in 55 which is further from the bridge but we are right beside the bus stop.

Thanks! I hope you are enjoying your trip!! That's why I am hoping and wishing I can get 44 it doesn't seem far from the bridge but alittle closer to the bus stop.

You can call and add your room requests ANY time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. It makes no difference when you do it within that time frame.

Really I called yesterday and they said I have to wait 10 days before arrive day and they couldn't help me yet?! They told me I can go online and check in but all I could say was "Jamaica and ground level".

Not sure how long this has been in effect but to get to blizzard beach from the resort, you now have to take a bus to the animal kingdom and then transfer to a blizzard beach bus. That is not how they used to do it. The bus used to go to both.

Really I called yesterday and they said I have to wait 10 days before arrive day and they couldn't help me yet?! They told me I can go online and check in but all I could say was "Jamaica and ground level".

More incorrect information given by the Phone CMs. That is not accurate at all. Call back and hopefully you get a more informed CM. The having to wait until 10 days out is a common misconception with some Phone CMs for some reason. There's nothing wrong with waiting until 10 days out, but you definitely don't HAVE to. I always book by phone, usually 6-7 months out and add our room requests right then. We've also called 2-3 months out to change our requests with no issues.

Not sure how long this has been in effect but to get to blizzard beach from the resort, you now have to take a bus to the animal kingdom and then transfer to a blizzard beach bus. That is not how they used to do it. The bus used to go to both.
When we were there last week, we were going to the Animal Kingdom and the bus we got on was Blizzard Beach/Animal Kingdom and actually stopped at Blizzard Beach before the Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter