Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

And other things!lol:)

This was guy was "scoping" out 1st floor rooms at All-Star Music.:)
26856790383_da2d57fbb6_c.jpg
.... perhaps a timely reminder for the Brits that "1st floor" in your foreign currency is our 'ground floor'. They're not going upstairs (yet?).

Spent a few days trying to get through on fax with a room request but still not working so phoned. We are in preferred rooms and hoping for connecting rooms in Trinidad north. Does this village have any connecting rooms? Thanks!

No surprise to see that happening. And that may be the end of this experiment.

what a shame that people can't take the time to walk the trash to a garbage can.. I do all the time. just don't let it get so full that you you can't fit it.
you may need to take it more often..
but that's the entire point of forgoing the service for the gift card. you are agreeing to do some things for yourself. I hate when I see garbage outside the room.

.... perhaps a timely reminder for the Brits that "1st floor" in your foreign currency is our 'ground floor'. They're not going upstairs (yet?).

great point! our first apt. in Chicago was on the 3rd floor of a 3 story building. but you had to climb a flight of stairs to get to the fisrt floor (so we were actually 4 flights up; so fun with a baby , a toddelr, groceries, etc. lol) there was no "ground" floor (just the lobby and mailboxes)

Has anyone stayed in the Pirates Room? If you got a deal on this room would you stay in it? Also is bus transpo as bad as some have said? Thanks in advance

Has anyone stayed in the Pirates Room? If you got a deal on this room would you stay in it? Also is bus transpo as bad as some have said? Thanks in advance
I can let you know after our trip the end of Sept :) We will be staying in a Pirate room but that trip is all about our DS and it will be his bday so full beds it is!

Only if it was a really good deal. We considered it because our kids are huge POTC fans, but once we read "full sized beds" we said heck no. Now if they switched them to queen sized, then I'd reconsider.
On the same tack as ground floor/first floor.... we are different over here (UK) the majority of households will probably have 'double beds', the equivalent of your "full size", so any visiting brits won't think of them as small in the Pirates rooms.

On the same tack as ground floor/first floor.... we are different over here (UK) the majority of households will probably have 'double beds', the equivalent of your "full size", so any visiting brits won't think of them as small in the Pirates rooms.
Y'all must like your spouses more over there ;)
We want to sleep further away from each other :rolleyes1

We're here now in our pirate room! Construction hasn't bothered us so far, but we didn't check in till 7 pm tonight. We are in building 35 Trinidad South. Nice view of the water (and we have a corner room). Can see some construction equipment across the water, but not too bad. Looks like there's some kind of minor refurb/construction going on near our quiet pool, but not sure what it is. Again, not a big deal and doesn't seem to impact your pool enjoyment. Haven't been over to the buffet tent area yet, will go tomorrow. We spent the better part of the evening at Disney Springs. That place is huge! Folks, it was 88 degrees at 10:30 tonight :scratchin Anyway, just a small update, will check in later :wizard:

Our answer to the bold is no, no matter what the deal. Because they are full beds
It's a cute room, but as AngiTN said, full beds. Probably the biggest drawback of the pirate room, but if you're fine with that then go for it :thumbsup2

Yes I have.

They are brown, on brown, on brown. They have full beds that since they are boats they are more like bunks, the mattresses (unless changed) are not like regular ones. They are the farthest from the main hub (ours looked at Pop Century room) so a jaunt to the themed pool. If I stayed again they would have to be in the low range of a value room price because they essentially were, but were more inconvenient than a value room in relation to the resort.

The idea is great, the furniture is creative but the room felt unfinished, colorless and .... brown.

Can see some construction equipment across the water, but not too bad. Looks like there's some kind of minor refurb/construction going on near our quiet pool, but not sure what it is.
From the vids I've seen, I get the impression the screens by the pool area are simply shielding the construction view from there. Perhaps you will be able to confirm that once you've had a good look.

They are very capable of going anywhere they want.

Yet being quite important
With enough trash bags hanging on doors, they will

THIS THIS THIS

1 - all critters, snakes included can go upstairs with ease.
2 - without housekeeping and folks putting trash outside door ... this will be more common than not.

We are staying in a pirate room in November. While I have zero interest in the theme and plan to sleep with my daughter instead of hubby due to the bed size, we got a great military rate which coupled with the gift card have us paying less than value rates. I plan to ask for a non pirate room but realize the chances of getting this are slim to none

We are staying in a pirate room in November. While I have zero interest in the theme and plan to sleep with my daughter instead of hubby due to the bed size, we got a great military rate which coupled with the gift card have us paying less than value rates. I plan to ask for a non pirate room but realize the chances of getting this are slim to none
I would keep checking for an opening for a regular room. You may be able to change if someone cancels. There have been many trips where I booked my 2nd choice and looked for my 1st choice to come open and got it later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter