Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just a comment on the interior updates.

We just stayed a few nights at the Boardwalk and I can't help but wonder what the designer was thinking with the new carpet they put on the main staircase. It already had some large dirty marks on it that I noticed right away without even trying and on the last morning there were cleaning people there scrubbing it. It's so neutral compared to the old carpet and really makes the stairs look drab compared to how they used to look. Regardless it is going to be extra work for staff to keep clean because it looks like it is going to show everything.

The rooms overall are really cute,and I understand why they moved to hardwood look laminate flooring, but I think they should have put rugs under the beds like the Grand Floridian did. Yes, I know it's a personal preference, but we were in connecting rooms with a king room to two queen room and they just felt a bit cold and unfinished especially in the King room with so much floor showing. I think it will feel worse in the winter. It's the little things that make a deluxe stand out and I think they missed the mark on that.

We stayed in the new rooms at the Grand in June and the rugs really gave it that finished looked and warmed up the space in my opinion.

Goodness, they were working on the building areas around the Green during our May trip. All cosmetic type stuff, nothing too extensive. Hard to believe it's still being done. It doesn't disturb me or anything just remarking that it seems to be going slow. The redid entire rooms inside over a similar length of time
Perpetual cleaning and painting--it never seems to end at the resorts. A couple of years ago, while at BCV, we watched a crew painting the towel holding hut along with the pool house the entire time we were there in May. When we returned in October, they were still working on those two structures and the fence.

couple surprising things in the renovated King room - there is absolutely no table of any kind to sit at. There are the side-tables by the bed, but they are pretty low and uncomfortable and there's the dresser by the TV and a little counter with coffee setup. But if you need to sit down at a table (even a tiny one) with a computer or to eat - there's nothing. For a deluxe hotel, that's really unacceptable. Also, smaller point but - did Disney take out all writing materials from all rooms? no pen or a single shred of paper anywhere! again, for a deluxe hotel, that's a miss. I expect small conveniences to be easily available in the room. Finally, in the real world, if hotel is charging $400-500 per night and more, you would expect slippers and a bathrobe. It's amazing what Disney is able to get away with based on it's branding only.

couple surprising things in the renovated King room - there is absolutely no table of any kind to sit at. There are the side-tables by the bed, but they are pretty low and uncomfortable and there's the dresser by the TV and a little counter with coffee setup. But if you need to sit down at a table (even a tiny one) with a computer or to eat - there's nothing. For a deluxe hotel, that's really unacceptable. Also, smaller point but - did Disney take out all writing materials from all rooms? no pen or a single shred of paper anywhere! again, for a deluxe hotel, that's a miss. I expect small conveniences to be easily available in the room. Finally, in the real world, if hotel is charging $400-500 per night and more, you would expect slippers and a bathrobe. It's amazing what Disney is able to get away with based on it's branding only.
I'm with you on the lack of a table. The pens and paper disappeared years ago; I think people talked about that on the Yacht & Beach Club thread more than on this thread. And there was a discussion recently about bathrobes; I think the consensus was that Grand Floridian is the only one which provides them. I don't recall ever having slippers provided in a hotel room, but maybe the hotels I stay at aren't fancy enough.

Just a comment on the interior updates.

We just stayed a few nights at the Boardwalk and I can't help but wonder what the designer was thinking with the new carpet they put on the main staircase. It already had some large dirty marks on it that I noticed right away without even trying and on the last morning there were cleaning people there scrubbing it. It's so neutral compared to the old carpet and really makes the stairs look drab compared to how they used to look. Regardless it is going to be extra work for staff to keep clean because it looks like it is going to show everything.

The rooms overall are really cute,and I understand why they moved to hardwood look laminate flooring, but I think they should have put rugs under the beds like the Grand Floridian did. Yes, I know it's a personal preference, but we were in connecting rooms with a king room to two queen room and they just felt a bit cold and unfinished especially in the King room with so much floor showing. I think it will feel worse in the winter. It's the little things that make a deluxe stand out and I think they missed the mark on that.

We stayed in the new rooms at the Grand in June and the rugs really gave it that finished looked and warmed up the space in my opinion.
We’ve requested connecting rooms for our upcoming stay in October. Where were you located? It looks like those rooms are on the side near the conference center. Was it convenient enough to navigate the resort from there? Thanks!

We’ve requested connecting rooms for our upcoming stay in October. Where were you located? It looks like those rooms are on the side near the conference center. Was it convenient enough to navigate the resort from there? Thanks!
We were in rooms 5310 and 5311 at the Boardwalk which was at the end of the hall, but BWI resort in my opinion is all very manageable wherever you are. Once you get to the elevator you go to the 2nd floor to be at lobby and everything is easily accessible from there.

The King room actually had a window as well as the balcony, so we could see the gondolas sitting on the bed from it and the balcony looked out at the front of resort and gondolas as well.

I was concerned at first seeing our rooms were odd and even that they wouldn't be connecting, because usually it's all odd on one side of the hallway and all even on the other, but I guess because of the set-up of it being at the end of the hall they utilized the even number on the odd side as well.

I'd definitely pick these rooms again if I could!

Extra window on side wall!
85A7C515-E1EE-43E4-9426-782DB45DB140_1_201_a.jpeg

View to front of resort looking right from balcony
F53B3261-C79E-4140-8FDC-DA63FF0EA0EB_1_201_a.jpeg
View of Gondolas looking left from balcony
39A75D9B-43FC-4D00-A879-C2313913D468_1_201_a.jpeg

I missed the news about the parking lot. How long will it be unavailable? Is valet still an option (for a fee & gratuity)?
This is concerning, we will be there September 6th. This is going to be a major inconvenience for guests, especially for us handicapped parking like us! Hope its just a day or so!

I did ask the Valet CM on my way out and according to him, they’re just painting the spots. He did not know of the time frame. Yes, valet is available!
That’s reassuring. I can’t imagine how bad it would be if the lots or large portions of them were closed for a long time. There’s hardly enough parking as it is for guests of the Inn and the Villas, attendees of conferences at the convention center, and people who come for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and leave their cars there all day.

Does anyone do special door or window decorations? Any fun things like that I should plan for or know about for our upcoming trip? Previous stays at Pop we decorated the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter