Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It's been a long time since I have done so, can you still have something shipped to the BW before your arrival? I have no issue paying a fee for it on the BW end.
Good afternoon, is anyone able to confirm we can still do this?

Thanks!

I haven’t been following this thread for a while,
But I just read the last few pages to see if there seemed to be anything super important I needed to catch up on. I didn’t see too much, is there anything anyone thinks I would need to know? We haven’t stayed here in a few years, but did visit during a BCV stay on July.

We’ll be arriving tomorrow (late) morning and checking in to CL! I’m starting to get excited :-).

My only apprehension about staying at the BW was getting to and from the MK on the 1st. My current plan is that we have a Steakhouse 71 ADR at 7:50 am so we’ll take a Lyft over. I hope that works! We would still have to deal with traffic, I don’t recall how that works now that the resort traffic doesn’t have to go through the MK parking booths, but I hope it helped that out a lot. I also hope we can get a Lyft, I’ll give prescheduling one for 7:00 a try the day before. My DH really doesn’t want to use the busses, and I have to say I can’t disagree!

My family at BWI since Monday and no towel/trash pickup, no coffee replacement, since then. And my husband went down to front desk this morning to ask for them to do these things. Still not done.

My family at BWI since Monday and no towel/trash pickup, no coffee replacement, since then. And my husband went down to front desk this morning to ask for them to do these things. Still not done.

We had the same issue in May--BWV side (Inn wasn't open yet). No towels, cleaning of any sort for the entirety of our 8 night stay. The trash was removed during the daily room inspections, but that was it. We were not happy campers and did have to request clean towels and additional toiletries.

Use the housekeeping button on the in-room phone and ask for a housekeeping supervisor to discuss the issues. Many times the supervisor and your assigned housekeeper will meet you at your room to discuss any issues ( outside in the hallway due to Covid rules ) and come up with a plan that meets your needs for the rest of your visit.

Stopping by the Front desk adds nothing to improve or resolve housekeeping issues and can cause significant delays as it adds yet another series of steps in the process.

If you want to go to the Front desk ask for the Manager on duty if you want something done at the Front desk. CMs have enough issues just resolving Front desk related items.

Note: there is always a Manager on duty for each shift at the Front desk and housekeeping.

Dave

When we came into our BWV room in June, we did notice it was still a little on the dirty side (there were Goldfish crackers under furniture, along with a little empty bag of them). We had trash service every day, and they did come to clean on day four of our eight day stay to provide a full clean. Even though they did not come in to change my towels and such every day, any time I needed anything, I just pressed the housekeeping button and everything was brought up to us within minutes.

Use the housekeeping button on the in-room phone and ask for a housekeeping supervisor to discuss the issues. Many times the supervisor and your assigned housekeeper will meet you at your room to discuss any issues ( outside in the hallway due to Covid rules ) and come up with a plan that meets your needs for the rest of your visit.

Stopping by the Front desk adds nothing to improve or resolve housekeeping issues and can cause significant delays as it adds yet another series of steps in the process.

If you want to go to the Front desk ask for the Manager on duty if you want something done at the Front desk. CMs have enough issues just resolving Front desk related items.

Note: there is always a Manager on duty for each shift at the Front desk and housekeeping.

Dave
Thanks for the info. I thought we were supposed to go to the front desk vs using the phone.

The confusion is related to calling the Front Desk from your room. Calling the Front desk from your room goes to a call center vs that actual resort front desk. This delays getting any Front desk issue resolved in a timely manner.

The housekeeping number is local to the resort from your in-room phone.

Dave

I have two questions for my upcoming stay, can't wait, first time! 1) Tell me about hot tubs, how many, location, hours, etc. and 2) What is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios for early entry? Thank you!

Bummer about the bad housekeeping happening... we were there in late July and our room was spotless and well taken care of the whole week. The whole resort seemed that way. We had a problem with the tub backing up on the first day. I called maintenance and someone was there to fix it, five minutes later. I hope things get better again soon!

Dave
Came here to say this. We were in a DVC studio (booked before hotel side reopened). We requested new towels everyday. They also cleaned the bathroom everyday. I think the bowls, plates and cups were replaced every two days. I do know on the 4th day we got more H2O products. Only thing I know was bed wasn’t made. Also they were super helpful to any issue we encountered, and we always had extras of paper towels and tissues and toilet paper.
I know some of this is general DVC policy so I’m sorry if this doesn’t help, but do know housekeeping was exceptional during our stay, and were ready to help whenever we asked for something. The only thing I remember is they definitely are not making the beds.

We had 2 recent stays both a villa..a first for us...which we really enjoyed...and at the Inn...both rooms were spotless...and house keeping was excellent...we did not want daily..and at the villa I think it was day 3..but trash was picked up..and if we called for anything (generally fresh towels..)we never waited long at all....I will say tho on arrival day...Inn side..our room was not ready till 4pm..:crazy2:...not fun on an early travel day ..and the desk did mention it was due to a shortage of seasoned house keepers...therefore taking longer to turn over rooms...in many many stays...a first...no complaints tho..room was nice and clean :flower:..

Good afternoon, is anyone able to confirm we can still do this?

Thanks!
I truly have no idea...but thought a quote might bump your question...I've not read anything here on the boards to the contrary though....
Yikes...so sorry to hear that @Eastern...our recent and only villa stay we had great service...and BWI stays for us service has been consistently good....
Hope everything got resolved!

I truly have no idea...but thought a quote might bump your question...I've not read anything here on the boards to the contrary though....

Yikes...so sorry to hear that @Eastern...our recent and only villa stay we had great service...and BWI stays for us service has been consistently good....
Hope everything got resolved!
Later that day, requested items were replaced and trash emptied. I think they are still short staffed everywhere so make your requests early.

Dave
Just as an update, I used the housekeeping button to request items this morning and got sent to the main switchboard for all the resorts.

Just as an update, I used the housekeeping button to request items this morning and got sent to the main switchboard for all the resorts.
I wonder who made the decision to change that...:headache::sad2:....makes absolutely no sense at all...but then neither does calling your resort front desk and the call being taken at a call center..

That happened to me a couple times at Boardwalk in June! When answering, they’d ask me which resort I’m calling from!!

Hi any Boardwalk recent/current stays, can you advise on earliest bus times to MK and AK in the mornings? Much thanks!

I have two questions for my upcoming stay, can't wait, first time! 1) Tell me about hot tubs, how many, location, hours, etc. and 2) What is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios for early entry? Thank you!
We did early opening 9/28. We left at 7:45 and walked there by about 8am. We also ubered from CR Saturday 10/2 and arrived at 8:22 and still got in park 8:29 and got on SDD and TSMM before 9A.

Hi any Boardwalk recent/current stays, can you advise on earliest bus times to MK and AK in the mornings? Much thanks!
I did not bus from bwi however I was at 3 hotels this week. The early entry is not too crowded. Even on 10/1 we got in and I was riding SM at 7:20 with a 7:30 Early entry.

If you really need SDMT going on the early side might be needed but everyth else getting to MK 15 -20 mins prior is fine. We walked on SM every day.
FoP is always popular but lines have been lower , again I don’t think you need to be super early. Every EE we got on more rides than all our many trips this year except last August 2020 when parks were empty.

Even all day long we never waited long. We did RoR 25 min standby 10/2 around 7p. It said 45 mins but nope , moved quick.
We did all the headliners we wanted, Ride lines are just short. The early entry has been awesome and surprisingly all day lines just not as bad as previous.
Enjoy
We tried to leave for parks 45 mins prior to early entry and got in every time without issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter