Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I had a nice Garden view room with King bed. The balcony looked out to the landscaped courtyard area with the walkway to the leisure pool. It was located on the 3rd floor (which is the lobby floor), so did not have to use the elevator and was a short walk down the hall
Just a small correction the lobby is floor is the 2nd floor above the boardwalk. The driveway climes a small hill and arrives a the Porto Conchie which is physically the 2nd floor.

Dave

No there are at least 2 BWI rooms that don't have a balcony. They overlook the Village Green on the 5th floor. Rooms 5267 and 5275. There are also rooms with a small balcony and larger baconies.

Dave
I believe those rooms look onto the central green. Are those considered courtyard views?

No there are at least 2 BWI rooms that don't have a balcony. They overlook the Village Green on the 5th floor.

Dave
Interesting! I always thought they all have balconies. With my luck, I am surprised I haven't been assigned one of these beauties.

Yes, all Deluxe Resort rooms have balconies.

It's one of the distinguishing features between a Disney Deluxe and Moderate Resort.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure there are some rooms at some deluxe resorts which do not have balconies. IIRC there are a few rooms at Yacht Club which do not have balconies. And at Beach Club, many rooms have small "Juliet" balaconies where you can stand but there's not enough room to sit. I know YC/BC have their own thread, but I wanted to respond to the post.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure there are some rooms at some deluxe resorts which do not have balconies. IIRC there are a few rooms at Yacht Club which do not have balconies. And at Beach Club, many rooms have small "Juliet" balaconies where you can stand but there's not enough room to sit. I know YC/BC have their own thread, but I wanted to respond to the post.
Thanks, already discussed above.

The vast majority of Deluxe Resort have balconies.

As far as I know, all DVC resort rooms have balconies.

Poly second floor in the regular rooms side do not have balconies to be in line with Polynesian superstition about evil spirits entering through a second floor door.

Contemporary Garden Wing does not have balconies - the 1st floor has a patio, but the upper floors do not.

Poly second floor in the regular rooms side do not have balconies to be in line with Polynesian superstition about evil spirits entering through a second floor door.

Contemporary Garden Wing does not have balconies - the 1st floor has a patio, but the upper floors do not.

Thank you all for the info. I hope I get a balcony with my BWI “Garden View”.

Just a small correction the lobby is floor is the 2nd floor above the boardwalk. The driveway climes a small hill and arrives a the Porto Conchie which is physically the 2nd floor.

Dave
Thanks so much for the information regarding the second floor -- makes sense to me now recalling when I had a room on the first floor and just had to walk up the stairs to the lobby. So embarrassing to get the floors confused.

Quick question for anyone that has been during the time of Rona. The Belle Vue Lounge is one my favorite spots in all of Disney. I know it is closed. Does anyone know if the area is still accessible to sit and chill especially the area of that balcony that overlooks the steps and grass of the hotel? I'll pour my own and enjoy my favorite spot if possible. Love to take in the Boardwalk from that balcony after a long day at the park.

Quick question for anyone that has been during the time of Rona. The Belle Vue Lounge is one my favorite spots in all of Disney. I know it is closed. Does anyone know if the area is still accessible to sit and chill especially the area of that balcony that overlooks the steps and grass of the hotel? I'll pour my own and enjoy my favorite spot if possible. Love to take in the Boardwalk from that balcony after a long day at the park.
When we were there in Feb they had it roped off. There were people that went around/over the ropes though and were hanging out there.

When we were there in Feb they had it roped off. There were people that went around/over the ropes though and were hanging out there.

The inside and outside were roped off or just the inside? I know there is an entrance to the balcony area from the hall that leads from the lobby. Hoping that is open. Really just want to sit on the balcony there.

The inside and outside were roped off or just the inside? I know there is an entrance to the balcony area from the hall that leads from the lobby. Hoping that is open. Really just want to sit on the balcony there.
It was the entrance to the Bar area from the hall lobby that was roped off.

Hi BWI peeps! First stay at BWI and have two water view rooms reserved for a Christmas stay this year. Anyone have any suggestions for certain rooms or area to request for a boardwalk/water view that rocks? Love to people watch as well as a night view all lit up too! Bonus points for connecting rooms! I have looked through touring plans but thought I'd ask the experts! Thanks in advance!

Hi BWI peeps! First stay at BWI and have two water view rooms reserved for a Christmas stay this year. Anyone have any suggestions for certain rooms or area to request for a boardwalk/water view that rocks? Love to people watch as well as a night view all lit up too! Bonus points for connecting rooms! I have looked through touring plans but thought I'd ask the experts! Thanks in advance!

Don't have any rooms for you, but...

It will be in your best interest to prioritize your requests - is it more important to have a view or to have connecting rooms. If the assigner can only meet one (say the view you want but not connecting OR connecting, but not the view you want), they won't know which is more important without a prioritization.

I would request Boardwalk view (vs partial village green/partial lake) for the panoramic view of the lake. These rooms are all located in the same wing. Most likely you will be on the 3rd floor, since there are no BW-view rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor due to the restaurants/bakery, and the 4th floor are club rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter