Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We will be there July 21-24 then going to Kidani for a couple days. I sure hope the pool wont be too crowded with BCV now being able to use it. We have never stayed at Boardwalk but I am excited to be able to walk between 2 parks. I wonder if the water slide will be open at the main pool, my son loves the water slides.
We're there the July 15th-24th (as long as Florida rescinds the ridiculous quarantine order for NY state). We are OKW owners, but love BWV. But so many things that make it magical will surely be missing now: Yoga on the lawn, hanging out in the lobby, the community hall...The pools are already crowded during the summer, I can't imagine with the extra influx from BCV that we will be happy about what we encounter. Add the fact that the reductions/restrictions pertaining to the parks and they may have quite a mess of angry guests on their hands. My hope is that they open the Boardwalk Inn side pools to take the overflow since presumably the Inn will be closed. We shall see.

I don’t believe you need a reservation to visit another resort for QS
I thought the new rules required a dining reservation to visit another resort, if you are not an overnight guest of that resort. So, if I am staying at BWI, I need a dining reservation to enter the Poly, etc. Did I interpret the guidelines incorrectly? Any information would be appreciated, I like spending my non-park day resort hopping.

Last edited:
Since, BWI does not have a "true" quick service, my question is: If guests of the Beach Club and Yacht Club can use the BWI pool, can I visit the Beach club Marketplace for quick service options? I thought guests needed a dining reservation to visit another resort.

It's not worth the hassle. The food looks and tastes terrible. I wonder if they will even be doing the QS part.

Since, BWI does not have a "true" quick service, my question is: If guests of the Beach Club and Yacht Club can use the BWI pool, can I visit the Beach club Marketplace for quick service options? I thought guests needed a dining reservation to visit another resort.

I don't know if you can. But even if you can, I don't know if you should. If I am following allong correctly, the only restaurants which will be open at the YC/BC/BCV complex* are Beach Club Marketplace and Beaches & Cream. Beach Club Marketplace is a gift shop with a small cooking area that makes a limited menu. Those places will be crowded with BCV guests.

(*I know only BCV will be open at first but if I had referred to restaurants open at BCV, someone might have pointed out that those restaurants are not in the BCV building.)

Apparently the Stormalong Bay pool over at Beach Club will be closed for a while after re-opening.

Any word if the large BWI (clown) pool will be open or closed?

Apparently the Stormalong Bay pool over at Beach Club will be closed for a while after re-opening.

Any word if the large BWI (clown) pool will be open or closed?

Yes it will be open. BCV guests were told they would have access to it as well since SAB was not going to open initially.

If I understand correctly, BWI will not be open until Oct 1?

And those of us with rez before that date need to call and rebook for another place or Disney will cancel our rez 7 days prior to our original check-in date?

Our rez is for the last week of July... CL deluxe rooms... anyone else in this situation, or can offer any guidance on this? Should I be on the phone tomorrow or wait for them to call me as a recent email advised?

From another thread ion here, don’t wait for disney to call you, you need to call Disney. Ask where you will be loved to, to make sure they don’t try to charge you amy type of difference. Normally, Disney just moves you, but that will not be the case for 2020. If you don’t call to let them know, they will cancel about 7 days prior.

Is there anyone here who has BWI rez dated before it's re-opening on Oct 1, and trying to get thru to guest services to switch to another open place?

Anyone looking at BWI DVC?

And any speculations on whether it'll be difficult to get into the main/quiet pools if the BC/YC guests are coming over and they restrict the number of people in the pool?

Last edited:
Is there anyone here who has BWI rez dated before it's re-opening on Oct 1, and trying to get thru to guest services to switch to another open place?

Anyone looking at BWI DVC?

And any speculations on whether it'll be difficult to get into the main/quiet pools if the BC/YC guests are coming over and they restrict the number of people in the pool?
BWI DVC? You mean BWVillas?

edit: we switched our split stay from WL/BWI to AKL/WL. I guess we'll see BWI next year.

Last edited:
Is any of the boardwalk entertainment expected or is it out for crowd control/spacing?
I have the same question. We won't be there until December, and have never stayed there before. Really hoping for some of the entertainment stuff while we're there.

After two days of trying to get thru, our Sept res was moved to BC. I’m ok with it. We’ll be back at BWI 1-24-21 to 1-30-21. I’m hoping by January things will have gone back to normal, or at least mostly normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter